Page 9 of 11 « First<7891011>
Topic Options
#17317 - 12/31/08 09:11 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Chey]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Originally Posted By: Chey
I am Satanic because I worship my master, Satan. I trus in him and pray to him in my time of need.

Is anyone else tickled pink by the fact he posted this in the 'where do I fail' thread?

\:\)

#17322 - 12/31/08 09:41 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Dan_Dread]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

If you mean quite proud he admits he fails at having an own will and admits he is indeed quite less intelligent.

Anway..
"The dark force not very strong in this one is".
"Time will tell how he fast get banned will!"

*returns to his hut on sector 12 in the swamps*.

#17335 - 12/31/08 11:26 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Dimitri]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Well, no that's not what I meant at all. If you can't see why it's funny I'm not explaining it ;\)

#17337 - 12/31/08 11:32 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Dan_Dread]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Well actualy there are plenty of things wich makes this funny..
Just wandering which one you were thinking of..

#18068 - 01/13/09 12:59 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Dan_Dread]
spiderbreeder Offline

Loc: Sydney,Australia
I can totally grasp where you're coming from re' yet again another example of Chey's wisdom laden one liners Dan, I had a good chuckle over the irony of where he posted his little gem myself...

I fail in the context that I'm a real procrastinator...

If I can ever find it within myself to muster up enough manual dexterity to pluck my finger out of my own backside, I could [without question] achieve a hell of a lot more in this existence of mine...

Maybe tomorrow.... ;\)

On a serious note, I do recognize that getting too complacent about certain aspects of my life can be detrimenal to achieving what I want to get out of life, and can cause me to slide into a rut of sorts if I'm not vigilant- It's something I'm becoming more aware of about myself as I get older, and something I'm working on rectifying.

#19119 - 01/27/09 12:18 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Asmedious]
Sordid Archetype Offline
stranger

Loc: Long Island, NY
I think what pains me the most is that I know the things I consider to be of importance, I understand the character traits and such that I consider strong and beneficial; yet I often find myself choosing in exact opposition to all of it, and usually it is simply because I am afraid. To be honest, I hate to admit such a thing. I used to pride myself on all of this creative and "independent" thought, and yet as I truly sit here since this weekend and think about it, I haven't thought out very much thoroughly. Consistently I am finding ,myself in both awkward and destructive situations simply because I refuse to display this multi-faceted sense of character that I continually describe myself as being.

Even still, the worst part is that I am destroying the things I love dear to me when if I really sat down to think things through I would never (in theory anyway) choose to do the things that I ultimately end up doing.

I can't figure out where the mechanism is broken. I mean, I have a rough idea, of fear and frustration, but what from that leads me to choose the path of self-destruction?

I used to think that my goal was self-actualization, but as of today I think it's merely just to breathe.

#19126 - 01/27/09 03:45 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Sordid Archetype]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Very nice post Sordid. I think many of us can relate; I know for sure that I can.

#19132 - 01/27/09 04:26 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Asmedious]
Jake999 Offline

There's a line Al Pacino delivered in The Scent of a Woman. It goes something like: "All of my life, I had choices and without exception, I chose the wrong one. Why? Because choosing the right one was just to damned hard."

It's not easy doing what you know is right. That never changes. But once you get into the habit, and you find that the rewards are better than the alternatives, it becomes much easier. And it's not about being "satanic," and it's not about "sin." It's about honoring yourself by doing what you KNOW is right and what you KNOW is going to benefit you in the long run. It's easy to take shortcuts and it's easy to cheat on life just a bit. But this quote, attributed to Napoleon Hill, said it best. "Following the path of least resistance makes both men and rivers crooked."

Being true to yourself sometimes faces a lot of resistance, but seldom will you ever feel the journey along that path wasn't justified.

#19177 - 01/28/09 06:29 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Jake999]
Zoid Offline

Loc: USA - New Jersey
I have failed to find a way to have money while never doing anything I hate. I hate work! Yet I trudge into the office each day because I need cash. I've gamed the system to the point where I spend maybe one hour a day actually doing anything constructive for my employer, and comically my clients praise me because I do my job so quickly, but I still show up each day, plagued by self-loathing because I'm not my own master. I fear jail and therefore I fear becoming a counterfeiter, which would solve my problems until I got caught. Jail actually has some positive aspects but getting butt-fucked by Bubba isn't one of them.
#19187 - 01/28/09 10:57 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Zoid]
candyjesus Offline
stranger

Loc: NY
I expect such greatness from myself, but nothing even remotely close to that from those around me. I consistently find myself falling short as a leader; Burning myself out while picking up everyone else's slack to accomplish [what should be] common goals when I should instead focus on eliminating the problems.

I never thought I would admit it, but there is truth in the fact that the weak should be destroyed for the greater good.

This thread has been a wakeup call.

#19263 - 01/29/09 05:41 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: candyjesus]
Zoid Offline

Loc: USA - New Jersey
 Originally Posted By: candyjesus
I expect such greatness from myself, but nothing even remotely close to that from those around me.

Are you saying you expect more greatness from those around you than you expect from yourself?

Or are you saying those around you expect more greatness from you than you expect from yourself?

Or some third possibility?

I consistently find myself falling short as a leader; Burning myself out while picking up everyone else's slack to accomplish [what should be] common goals when I should instead focus on eliminating the problems.

Your comments below make it clear you're in the process of enlightening yourself, so I'll just add some words to encourage you in what you're already doing.

Management is the art of making oneself irrelevant to the process. The manager who can take a month vacation, never call in, and come back to find everything running smoothly has strong management kung-fu and is worthy to open a school in the art and be its sensei.

I never thought I would admit it, but there is truth in the fact that the weak should be destroyed for the greater good.

Destroyed or otherwise exploited, perhaps. For example, consumerism could be construed as the exploitation of the weak for the good of the strong.

But really, the word "weak" is so open to interpretation that I don't trust it. A paraplegic mathematician is weak in one sense yet strong in another. The paraplegic is useless for stocking shelves but the mathematician could stride like a colossus across the future of human science.

Nevertheless, your central insight with regard to your own situation, to the extent I understand it, seems valid to me. If your subordinates aren't pulling their own weight, they need to be fired.

My own prior post on this thread might seem to belie the above sentiment but only because I didn't fully explain myself. I am ranked in the top twenty percent of the organization for my level. I have consistently been placed in assignments where the clients had previously been disgruntled by the poor performance of my predecessors, and in every case I turned the situation around, earning the praise and gratitude of the clients. I am also a goldbrick who will spend two hours reading comic books at my desk with my office door closed. The paradox is resolved by the fact that I work smart rather than hard, fast rather than long, and follow best practices such as jumping immediately on any task that comes my way, communicating promptly with stakeholders, doing the more important thing before the less important thing, and putting time into prevention rather than clean-up. The result is that you would rather have two hours of my time than eight hours of my peer's.

#19331 - 01/29/09 04:00 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: Zoid]
candyjesus Offline
stranger

Loc: NY
To clarify: I have definitely expected much more from myself than I do from others. I realize now that I have been approaching life with this "expect nothing and anything you get is a bonus" attitude which simply doesn't cut it.

You're correct- I am still in the process of "figuring it all out." I just never really considered how flawed my logic was.

#19364 - 01/30/09 01:20 AM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: candyjesus]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Two words:

Delegate.

Responsibility.

Learn them well, young Jedi.

#19499 - 02/01/09 02:33 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: daevid777]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
Everyone fails or makes mistakes in life. It's as simple as that. Whether they are small or large, we all screw up at one one time. If someone says they don't make mistakes, they make choices... well, then, they're in serious denial. It's a learning experience either way you look at it. On the important decisions in your life, you would want to minimize on failures. Dahhh!

I hate when I make a mistake (or fail) because then I have to go back and clean-up the mess.

#45393 - 12/21/10 05:52 PM Re: Where do you fail? [Re: TornadoCreator]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
I see that this is a rather old post. I ran across it in my searches of the early years of 600 to get a grip on some of the past this site has had. (It's done a number on how I see some members!) Onward though, I wanted to reply to this post because I thought it was an amazing idea \:\)

I think where I fail in Satanism is becoming emotionally involved in things that I don't need to become emotionally involved in (especially in the ways of defense and anger) and in turn detaching myself from the things that I should be attached to. I tend to ignore the important big picture and instead try to attack the little things that are only little minute pieces of the big picture.

This is something that I have been working on and with work, I think I'll obtain a balance between the big picture and the little picture. \:\)

Page 9 of 11 « First<7891011>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.023 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.