Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#13228 - 10/22/08 02:37 PM Re: U.S. student killed housemate in Satanic rite [Re: Nemesis]
BlacKAcRE66 Offline
pledge

Loc: California
 Originally Posted By: Nemesis
It was only a matter of time. The media is reviving their old scapegoat!

You know? I think I would agree with you on that. The knife used could have been a fancy letter opener and they probably would have jumped to conclusions. This is one issue I have with self-Styled Satanism, they give all Satanist a bad rap when they do stupid shit like copy a ritual from a "B" movie horror flick.

#13353 - 10/23/08 07:07 PM Re: U.S. student killed housemate in Satanic rite [Re: BlacKAcRE66]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
From what I remember this happened months ago.
Some love/rejection/rough sex/rape/murder triangle.

The Satanism angle is new.
Maybe just another way to blame america as the great satan, since the killer came from here.

I guess since the innocent plea isn't working, maybe she is agreeing to the satan made me do it defense?

Morgan

#13355 - 10/23/08 07:29 PM Re: U.S. student killed housemate in Satanic rite [Re: Morgan]
BlacKAcRE66 Offline
pledge

Loc: California
 Originally Posted By: Morgan
From what I remember this happened months ago.
Some love/rejection/rough sex/rape/murder triangle.

The Satanism angle is new.
Maybe just another way to blame america as the great satan, since the killer came from here.

I guess since the innocent plea isn't working, maybe she is agreeing to the satan made me do it defense?

Morgan

I heard that more people get their cases thrown out if they say "God told me to do it"
Richard Ramirez said Hail Satan in the court room and he is still locked up...I guess Satan was not in agreement. That goes to show that Satanism is not about being a delinquent idiot.

Edited by BlacKAcRE66 (10/23/08 07:41 PM)
Edit Reason: Vocabulary usage

#13574 - 10/28/08 12:47 PM Re: U.S. student killed housemate in Satanic rite [Re: BloodHorn]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
[quote=BloodHorn Dosent the law state they cannot discriminate against religious beliefs
[/quote]

Yes but the technicality you would have a problem with is that Satanism isn't a recognized religion by the United States congress atleast that is how it was explained to me when I brought up the idea of sueing a workplace a while back when having a chat with their E.O. However the loophole you could use is that Satanism falls under a creed or way of life as the E.O. put it and sue for discrimination against creed as long as it is stated in their E.O. policy about not discriminating against creed.

#13585 - 10/28/08 05:55 PM Re: U.S. student killed housemate in Satanic rite [Re: Ringmaster]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Satanism is legally recognized in the US. Many Satanic priests of different organizations are legally registered clergy with marriage licenses.(The Army Chaplain's Handbook also includes an overview of Satanism in descriptions of how to accommodate soldiers of various other faiths)

So far the general public is aware that Satanism exists, but are still ignorant about its' true nature despite how easily accessible the information is. (You can find published studies of alternate religions or a copy of the Satanic Bible in most bookstores... or even just typing "Satanism" into wikipedia will give you a fairly accurate representation of our religion)

However most people are ignorant about religion in general, and some are fearful of reading anything "Satanic" for fear that it might endanger their brittle faith (just one example of how Christianity coddles peoples' securities at the expense of intellectual honesty) so they are willing to buy into these kinds of sensationalist portrayals of "tabloid Satanism".

#16865 - 12/25/08 12:06 AM Re: U.S. student killed housemate in Satanic rite [Re: The Zebu]
spiderbreeder Offline

Loc: Sydney,Australia
You said it all in a nutshell Zebu, couldn't have said it any better myself.

I think the media are too quick to pigeonhole alot of bizarre murders etc on all things satanic because its a huge drawcard to the masses who secretly get off on being scared, and just LOVE reading about that sort of shit. 9 times out of 10, the real story that eventually comes to light isn't nearly as newsworthy as it would have been if the satanic aspect hadn't come into play.

The vast majority of those who swim in a sea of ignorance where genuine Satanism is concerned don't want to read up on the subject- knowledge would dissapate their delicious fear of "those evil satanists" and take away their scapegoat for all things "evil and unexplained"
While the public continue to adhere to this outlook, the media will keep throwing up their pseudo-satanic bullshit to cater to their masochistic appetites.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.