Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#12895 - 10/19/08 07:56 PM MCoS
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Does anyone know anything about THESE guys?

#12898 - 10/19/08 08:28 PM Re: MCoS [Re: Dan_Dread]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
I don't. But it looks interesting. I see some of the members here are members there.

#12900 - 10/19/08 08:50 PM Re: MCoS [Re: Dan_Dread]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Haven't heard of them before.

Going by the posts and topics of the forum members/mods, sounds like a more laid-back, fluffy version of what we have here. The members seem to be people that would be fun to hang out with though. Interesting site as well.

#12906 - 10/20/08 12:19 AM Re: MCoS [Re: Nemesis]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
they seem to have noticed the 600 club. theres a thread concerning "us", pointing out the differences between their own playfulness and our more pretentious seriousness. which i completely agree with.

but then we also dont have stock photos of goth babes and tattooed hipsters all over our home page(s).

you know what... fuck them in their happy-go-lucky humanistic Atheism live and let live asses. i am so tired of watered down bullshit myspace Satanism.

#12907 - 10/20/08 12:59 AM Re: MCoS [Re: Bacchae]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
"The 600 Club is mean, whaaaa!"

What a bunch of thumb suckers.

Yes, every assclown with black eyeliner sporting Hot Topic wear thinks they are a 'satanist' because they said so.

Read "Might Makes Right" and get back to me. If the work 'speaks' to you then you are most definitely on the Left Hand Path. If you don't get it then just stick to smoking clove cigarettes and trying to look cool.

My wife goes throught this all the time. She is covered with tattoos and looks 'funky.' I have no tattoos and look completely 'normal.' She is fairly conservative and somewhat prudish. I am raving libertine and with flair for the sociopathic. She is always trying to explain to people that I am the strange one.

A sheep in dark clothes is still just a sheep.

#12913 - 10/20/08 03:14 AM Re: MCoS [Re: Fist]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Something that I find interesting is this perception that this site is full of 100% LaVeyen Satanists.

I don't find this at all. There are many here who have expanded on LaVey and really don't think all that much of him.

Am I the only one that doesn't see this site as totally LaVeyen?

As for the bitch fighting, notice it doesn't last any longer than the particular piss ant that starts it.

I loved the one saying "I'm pissing them off but they can't ban me because I'm not breaking the rules" like thats the moderators meaning in life to ban people. That gave me a good belly laugh, something I often get here.

I think the funniest thing is that this site is held up all the time as the one to 'beat' or 'compete' with. When really, who gives a shit. Be a member on as many sites as you need to. Hell I'm a member of several really different sites, poker ones, motorbike ones and breast cancer ones, then this one, all give me something different. I don't compare them with each other.

If people aren't liked or thought to be soooooo clever, they always get so defensive and arse hurt about it. You're not going to be the cleverest person everywhere you go, get over it. It's not a cleverer competition. Learn from everything....

Zeph

#12920 - 10/20/08 04:06 AM Re: MCoS [Re: ZephyrGirl]
BloodHorn Offline

Loc: Stockbridge Ga
I am a Laveyan Satanist, But only to a certain existent.
In that I mean that I follow some of his basic beliefs and have some different views. Not a soul sees eye to eye on everything. Human nature should have taught us all that.This may seem odd to same. But I am use to being the outsider of the outsider. Been that way sense I was a child.

Edited by BloodHorn (10/20/08 04:09 AM)

#12921 - 10/20/08 04:10 AM Re: MCoS [Re: ZephyrGirl]
coelentrate Offline

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
I'm one of them. I like them very much. It is more laid back. They have a great sense of humor. They are pretty critical in general of this place, but none have really given it a chance.

My one real criticism of them is that they don't take any steps to warn or ban people that need it. Fortunately those seem to go away pretty quickly on their own, so it still works out.

#12929 - 10/20/08 08:20 AM Re: MCoS [Re: coelentrate]
Nemesis Offline

Posted by Andrei who apparently couldn't hack it here for more than 3 weeks:

Posted June 11th
"Is anyone else here a member of the 600 Club? I just joined, and it seems there is some pretty interesting and intense discussion, but... at the same time, I don't feel the welcoming or playful air that this place has. It looks like fun though, if I can warm up to the waters."

Posted July 4th
"Okay, I'm dipping out of the 600 Club. They seem like a bunch of pretentious, anal retentive assholes that are too busy with making the First Satanic Church into one big pissing contest. Some interesting conversation, no doubt, but I want to actually be on a path of SELF-REALIZATION, not bicker with a bunch of fucking prima donnas.

Soooo yeah... Hail Satan, Hail the MCoS- the best organization serving our Dark Lord!"

Quite right, Zeph--they seem to think we're all LaVeyan here....they must not have bothered to read our responses to posts concerning him.

I might lurk at their "Grotto Forum" just to amuse myself though.

#12938 - 10/20/08 02:11 PM Re: MCoS [Re: Nemesis]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

I'm one of them to. I must say, these 2 forums are quite the same.. maybe with the exception that at the MCoS we are not so quickly banning people. We are a bit more laid back and I would also like to scrub away the comment about
 Quote:
Quite right, Zeph--they seem to think we're all LaVeyan here

. If i'm not mistaking it was written by some fluff who didn't know about it up here. At overall most seem to know about this place of have taken a few looks.

Anyway, great place to be if you are willing to discuss on a laid back atmosphere. Tough, I must admit sometimes it bores me how some people who are new their don't really have a clue what's it all about. But as a person who knows both sides, I must say they both are quite the same in general. So no need to piss off unless you are a bit of a redneck who wants to be famous for his idiocy.

#12942 - 10/20/08 02:48 PM Re: MCoS [Re: Dimitri]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I don't think there has ever been a ban here without a good reason. Hell, I even agree with my bans in the past. Some people might think that some are banned too fast but most hitting the ban-button hang out around a decade here, so you can assume that if they take out the trash, they know why and when.

And of course, people getting banned or feeling violated at one forum most of the time run off to another and share their pain. It's a human reaction, there has to be a bad guy and it's way easier to point the finger at another instead of pondering if they weren't the problem.

The era of the great satanic wars is over, it was fun to witness in the past, hell, participate and stir up things was even fun but it's a from another period. Let them all be happy and jolly at their spot.

I checked out their place a bit; loading times suck a bit. It isn't my cup a tea. I've always been a 600 guy, don't ask me why. This place is like the mothership I return to, even if I suffer from periods of disinterest or plain hatred towards it at times.

It's probably the other dinosaurs that still frequent or inhabit this place. The new generations don't seem to be able to thrill me too much.

D.

#12943 - 10/20/08 03:23 PM Re: MCoS [Re: Dimitri]
Nemesis Offline

The banning that happens here increases in frequency when the site gets a lot of traffic. People who join expecting to be warmly embraced are often left on the curb because they lack the respect to read and adhere to the rules. Many can't come to grips with the idea that, "Hey, not everyone wants to be my friend!" *gasp*, that mutual respect must be given before any sort of friendship can form. So trust me, we always give people a chance or three (sometimes more than that which is too many), usually with both public and private warnings. When someone continually shits on your porch, whether it be idiocy, disrespect or outright attacks, they have to go. Being a Satanist means being the best of the best, not stooping to everyone else's standard of "good enough".

#12946 - 10/20/08 04:31 PM Re: MCoS [Re: Nemesis]
coelentrate Offline

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
Yep, just look at how short the list of banned users is.
#12948 - 10/20/08 04:40 PM Re: MCoS [Re: coelentrate]
Nemesis Offline

Well, it's pretty short due to the site being down for all of last summer. The list that got nixed on the previous Hall of Shame was a bit longer. Believe it or not, the mods on this most recent incarnation of this site are more tolerant than those that came before. Not that that's always a plus in our favor among our members ;\) But we do our best, and there's always room to improve.

#12954 - 10/20/08 05:35 PM Re: MCoS [Re: Nemesis]
Phaethon Offline
pledge

That site looks like just an alternative to this one. It had a lighter air that some people find more appealing. I see nothing wrong with them, they are entitled to say what they want and feel how they do. They seem like just a way to dissociate themselves from any negativity brought on by mainstream satanists who just say they are to be cool. I know exactly the kind of person who leads them to this disengagement from the CoS.
My ex girlfriend who one day decided to buy a Pentagram necklace and add the adjective satanic onto everything she talked about. When I asked her what kind of satanic she was claiming to be (since she told everyone, including my current girlfriend who knows I'm Laveyan satanist, that she is now satanic) all I got was a confused response. I'm not sure if she was serious or not, or whether her idea of satanic is theistic or Levayan or something else. But to have someone claim to be the same (nominally) religion as me, then act like a flaming idiot about it, that annoys me.
So yea, this so called modern Satanism is just a new division who claims to be an alternative, rather than arrogantly claim to be "true" Satanism. It seems to be suited to fit in more than some of the practiced rituals of others.

Let them be, let them speak, but if they set foot on our beloved site, let them step carefully.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.