Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#12983 - 10/20/08 09:19 PM Re: MCoS [Re: Phaethon]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
It seems safe enough.

I will admit that our own site does seem a bit more rough-around-the-edges, and that there are some members, who- while being intelligent- take themselves far too seriously and just need to chill the fuck out and remove the stick lodged in their asses.

That said, the internet is all about finding a balance between intellectually secure elitism, and laid-back sedition. Whatever floats your boat, I guess. I prefer a mix of both.

#12985 - 10/20/08 09:29 PM Re: MCoS [Re: The Zebu]
BloodHorn Offline

Loc: Stockbridge Ga
*Take themselves far too seriously and just need to chill the fuck out and remove the stick lodged in their asses.*
I know I'm one of those people, And I am working on it. I guess it spawned from the fact my whole life people have just attacked me unmercifully, And I need to get use to people disagreeing with me but not trying to put me down or whatever.
So I apologize to those people that I kinda snap at but they didn't mean harm in what they say.

#12998 - 10/20/08 10:16 PM Re: MCoS [Re: BloodHorn]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
I really don't get the 'just chill out and be more tolerant' attitude I see around these days. For fucks sakes, we are supposed to be Satanists. If we can't take ourselves seriously how the fuck do we expect anyone else to?
I am really getting sick of all the 'live and let live' bullshit within the Satanic 'community' All the haughty indignation thrown around because someone would dare make a judgment at the expense of anyone elses sacred beliefs seriously makes me want to PUKE.
The fact that there seems to be less of that here than other boards is why I stay, but less certainly isn't none.

#12999 - 10/20/08 10:18 PM Re: MCoS [Re: Dan_Dread]
blsk Offline

Loc: salem or
Amen brother. Fuck people and their stupid feelings.

#13004 - 10/20/08 10:27 PM Re: MCoS [Re: blsk]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

And on the subject of the MCoS and the view that the 600 club members are somehow more Pretentiousness..well I don't see any 'degrees' of rank to be earned here. I also don't see this board referring to itself as it's own 'church'

'Nuff said.

#13040 - 10/21/08 02:26 AM Re: MCoS [Re: Dan_Dread]
Lord Marduk Offline
lurker

Loc: Alberta, Canada
I was actually a member of the MCoS for a while. I found that there were a couple of decent people on the board but they were few and far between. After a couple of months, they seemed to stop posting even.

I got chastized by the board moderator a few times for being too "extreme" in my views. Not sure what was so extreme about my posts but whatever.

I ended up leaving the "church" because I found just way too much political correctness and tolerance among it's members. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't wanna be telling anyone else how to be a Satanist, but without some kind of hard and fast definitions of what a Satanist is and isn't, the term doesn't mean fuck all.

I just couldn't believe some of the people they allowed to stay on that board either...whatever happened to quality over quantity?

Ah well, they can do what they like, I'm done with them.

#13041 - 10/21/08 02:41 AM Re: MCoS [Re: Dan_Dread]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Yeah we never refered to ourselves as a church here, it's always been a free environment for satanists although I admit that the theistic brothers mostly end up having a bad time. But hey, if you believe Lucy is real, don't expect others to say amen to that.

I agree that we don't need to be more tolerant. I have my ideas, you have yours and let them goddamn clash if they clash. It's at both our advantage. If you wanna walk with the adversary, be the adversary. Believe it or not, but that's the only way to advance. And yes, at times people get a little bit harsh but it's only words and as far as I know, only psychiatric cases can be killed by words. I've never seen a stable man or woman turn into a gibbering wreck because someone disagreed with them.

Some subjects I don't mingle in, I am totally against the whole occult/magick part of Satanism and decided long ago that even when I disagree completely and can back about everything up with pretty decent arguments, there is nothing to gain from continuously arguing there. So it's off limits for me, if not only for the status-quo on the board. But all the rest is free game for me and if I want to attack an opinion, I will. Some people just have a problem to seeing the difference between an attack on an opinion and an attack on them.

The other board doesn't bother me; it sure is an improvement from the yahoo-satanists but it feels a bit like a copy from a copy. The libertines part of it makes me frown; I don't know what to think of it but hey, it's their choice. If I had invest energy in what others do on the web, I wouldn't have free time left.

The idea that we're all Laveyans, I don't know where they got it from. Maybe because we're somewhat closer affiliated with the FSC nowadays but to be honest, I wouldn't have known if they didn't tell me. Personally I think nowhere Laveyan Satanism has been analysed and critisized more than here.

D.

#13048 - 10/21/08 04:20 AM Re: MCoS [Re: Diavolo]
coelentrate Offline

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
I had that question about their ranking thing too. The whole libertine thing is not what it first appears. It's not a ranking system, in that people with a different number are not treated differently at all. I think it's really a way for people to measure their own accomplishments than anything else. And it's a tool to give concrete suggestions on how to improve yourself. Some people there choose not to participate in it.
#13090 - 10/21/08 12:39 PM Re: MCoS [Re: coelentrate]
Lord Marduk Offline
lurker

Loc: Alberta, Canada
That's exaclty what it is. There are a general set of requirements for each Libertine level that each member looks and decides for themselves whether or not they have met them. If so, they simply request an adjustment to their level.

It is a nice way to gague personal progress...the only problem is that the standards for each level are defined by someone else (the founder). In my opinion, the only one who can set the standards of accomplishment that I want to aspire to is me. Why measure ourselves by the ideals of another human being?

Granted, they are pretty general so there is a lot of room for personal interpretation but overall, it seems a little silly to me.

#13097 - 10/21/08 01:04 PM Re: MCoS [Re: Lord Marduk]
coelentrate Offline

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
 Originally Posted By: Lord Marduk
That's exaclty what it is.

I'm sorry, what's exactly what, what is?

Shit, that looks awful. rephrase: What are you refering to with the word "That's" and what are you refering to with the word "it"?

As far as needing to meet the founder's standards to advance to the next level, the requirements are SO general. Take a look at what the specific stated requirements are for different libertine levels. It's relatively objective. The requirements are to read books that a lot of people here will be familiar with, and to show evidence that you can work towards and achieve a practical life goal, like earn a degree or learn a skill. It's not "you did what the founder thinks is satanic", it's "you've researched the topic a fair deal and have applied it to your life."

And if you still have questions or concerns, you can ask the dude himself.

#13101 - 10/21/08 01:26 PM Re: MCoS [Re: coelentrate]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: "Marduk"

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't wanna be telling anyone else how to be a Satanist, but without some kind of hard and fast definitions of what a Satanist is and isn't, the term doesn't mean fuck all.

Ahh, simple wisdom. Would that more people could clue in to this very basic concept. WORDS MEAN THINGS!

\:\)

#13105 - 10/21/08 01:34 PM Re: MCoS [Re: Dan_Dread]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
I really don't get the 'just chill out and be more tolerant' attitude I see around these days. For fucks sakes, we are supposed to be Satanists. If we can't take ourselves seriously how the fuck do we expect anyone else to?

Well, to be honest what you are saying is more then true. But, I prefer to be laid back when fucking one's mind. It is more relaxing and you scare more shit out of the people. Also, you'll enjoy it more. Well at least if you aren't addicted to your own adrenaline...

#13122 - 10/21/08 05:17 PM Re: MCoS [Re: Dimitri]
Phaethon Offline
pledge

I seriously don't think we need to be more 'tolerant,' I think that is already a given here. I think you should be tolerant of something until it is put in your face. If a person like to eat their own crap, I'll tolerate that. If the post a thread about it, ill sure as hell put my 2 cents in.

Tolerance is a good thing, but when someone wants you to be tolerant of something they are shoving in your face, doing so would just be ignorant. I mean, its a discussion board, I can understand calling someone intolerant if they just scream senseless dribble, but i believe most of us here are capable of understanding a person's thought.

#13583 - 10/28/08 03:25 PM Re: MCoS [Re: Phaethon]
AnOpenHand Offline
stranger

Loc: England
Hmm I am undecided, I know joining their forum is a pain in the a-r-s-e for facts.
Everyones talking bout the forum what about the so-called church itself. I was reading through the site and apart from the cheesy pics I couldn't really fault anything they had to say. It talked about some comprehensive occult progress thing (I dunno) but when you try to find any links to anything it all goes a bit pete tong!
I agree though it does a slightly fluffy feel, the forum at least.
I'll join the forum... I mean why the hell not? If I ever get an activation e-mail that is!!

#13596 - 10/28/08 09:34 PM Re: MCoS [Re: AnOpenHand]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
I get two distinct vibes from the MCoS website. The first, is had when browsing the site itself. I like their message, understand the disclaimers, they seem to have everything just about right. My second impression is had when I browse their forums, and find them to be the typical Hot Topic suburban Satanists with fancy, self-appointed "Libertine" titles that make me roll my eyes in silent disdain. The attitude of the moderators there contrasts with the message of their "Church".

On the other hand, I think it's a great place for disaffected 600 Club members to join and complain about how anal retentive we are. Perhaps we should incoporate a link to the MCoS site whenever a member is banned? A last helpful nudge in the right direction.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.