Page 2 of 6 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#2336 - 11/27/07 04:15 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Nemesis]
Succubus666 Offline

In my experience of observing the mindless consumerism and conformity of our western civilization, itís always seemed more laughable than something that I would actually allow to effect me to such an extent that it would make me physically ill. Allowing the mindlessness of other people to impact you in such a negative way is essentially allowing them control over you. You may be a somewhat sensitive person picking up on the consumer-based marketing which suggests that if you canít afford to buy a mass amount of overpriced gimmicks for your loved ones then you must be judged an inadequate member of society. That is the undertone of what is being propagated in these seasonal advertisements. My advice would be to take a step back and realize that you are above both the corporations that market these ideals (which they are only doing in the first place in the interest of driving up their own profits), and the mindless consumers that buy into them. And at the end of the day, people always appreciate gifts which have some personal thought put into them and come more from the gift giver than they do from the store :-)
#2342 - 11/27/07 06:44 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Succubus666]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Perhaps I exaggerated my reaction to the shopping frenzy that is going on. "Disgusted" is probably a better term than "nauseated" ;\) I'm pretty much over the whole thing now, and decided the other day to just laugh at the fools lining up to give their money away for garbage (most of it made in China).

I decided to take my best friend to see the Moscow Ballet Company perform "The Nutcracker" live the Saturday before Christmas. I've always wanted to see it performed live, and she hasn't seen it onstage since she was little. She said she'd like that over any gift (even an espresso maker, but I didn't tell her I was thinking of getting that for her ;)). We can dress up, get dinner, and see the show that night! It'll be fun.

Edited by Nemesis (11/27/07 06:46 PM)
Edit Reason: essential addition of smiley

#2345 - 11/27/07 08:03 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Morgan]
SSSnake Offline
pledge

Loc: PA. U.S.A.
A black christmas tree would kick ass with dark red lights.

Quote:
So, just do what makes you happy on that day.
Sleep late, enjoy family & friends, and indulge.

You got that shit right...LOL But I would love to have one of those skulls like in you pic's for christmas. ;\)

But seriously christmas is alot of bullshit to me.

D.L.B.

#2369 - 11/28/07 12:39 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: SSSnake]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Hmm, it is time to change the lights on the tree since the cats have climbed it one too many times. I think I will try to find those red lights that you suggest.

I can't even think of where to tell you to go to get one of those skulls. I got mine on a camping trip about 4 years ago.

True, it may be bullshit, but I like suprises year round, not just on one day.

I plan on sleeping late that day, and having breakfast delivered to my front door. \:\)

Morg

#2386 - 11/28/07 07:05 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Morgan]
SSSnake Offline
pledge

Loc: PA. U.S.A.
 Quote:
I can't even think of where to tell you to go to get one of those skulls. I got mine on a camping trip about 4 years ago.

My friend got one at a public sell but he wont part with it...LOL \:D

Quote:

I plan on sleeping late that day, and having breakfast delivered to my front door.

Shit yeah! biscits & gravey with home fries mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. \:\/

D.L.B ;\)

#2387 - 11/28/07 07:18 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Morgan]
Circus_Hell Offline
stranger

Loc: Sydney Australia
Christmas to me, for the morning of the 25th means obligation, potential heatstroke, rellie fatigue (as in family and relatives),boring and shallow conversations with the in-laws, or should that read out-laws. Spending time where I'd rather not be.

On the upside, it gives me a few days off to catch my breath with the Hubby and Spawn. The chaos of living in a capital city stops for two days And THAT is what I REALLY look forward to. The afternoon on the beach when all the chaos is over, with a nice cold beer and a picnic basket. AAaaaaaaaaaah

#2960 - 12/27/07 07:28 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Morgan]
IraniSatani Offline
stranger

Loc: Tehran
i think that in this time most people dont really care about the historic background of christmas and most people dont know about the christians stealing it, i mean, its just a kind of fun tradition that is hard-coded into us when we are born, and most kids grow up with the idea of a fat man in red bringing you gifts! its not to be taken serious, i enjoy christmas for the fun of it, including the gifts of course :P

#3027 - 12/31/07 12:56 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Morgan]
JoeD Offline
lurker

Loc: SW Ontario, Canada
My birthday is December 24 so I celebrate it and not xmas.
#3081 - 01/02/08 06:22 AM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: TornadoCreator]
Catharsis Offline
lurker

Loc: Balkans
Ok, so i laughed for a minute or two here - good one!

Edited by Catharsis (01/02/08 06:35 AM)

#3082 - 01/02/08 06:25 AM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: TornadoCreator]
Catharsis Offline
lurker

Loc: Balkans
 Originally Posted By: TornadoCreator
I find it fun and actually enjoy both giving and receiving gifts at Christmas. It's a holiday I do celebrate and always will because it's religiousless now. It's the time of the year when people of all religions come together to worship Santa.

Hail Santa.

Ok, so i laughed for a minute or two here....cheers mate!

#3445 - 01/14/08 10:55 AM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Morgan]
Satanic Zealot Offline
stranger

Loc: St. Albert, Alberta, Canada
My xmas days involve nothing but gifts, family dinner and lounging around all day with no responsibility. To me it has nothing to do with family or any of the such. I'm with my family every day, why would I need a day celebrating that? But hey to each their own.

#5404 - 03/12/08 06:15 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: TornadoCreator]
Sharschosen Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: TornadoCreator
Ok... we have a basic choice.

1. Boycott the worship of Jesus and do nothing.

2. Give and receive gifts, have ridicules amounts of expensive food and drink, go to parties and other social gatherings, enjoy the company of lots of people all generally in a good happy mood and for most people not have to attend work/school/uni etc. for a few days.

Personally I'll take the second option, it's considerably more fun.

Xmas strikes me as actually being terribly satanic, seeing as how pretty much everyone follows that second option nowadays.

#6328 - 03/24/08 09:50 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Sharschosen]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
Well I don't celebrate christman really. But in a way I do at the same time. I'll explain. I will stay up and drink with friends, give gifts to my closest ones, and I do appreaciate the temporary kindness everyone shows. On the other hand, I drink not to celebrate the birth of him, but I celebrate the company of good friends. I give gifts because it is expected and seems appropriate. I don't mind the couple of days off of work either. So in other words I do not agree with the celebration of Jesus's birth. But I do not openly protest it. I keep to myself and treat it like any other day of no work. Go out and shovel my damn driveway, and spend the day relaxing.

#6355 - 03/25/08 09:05 AM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: PigFeeder]
Sinistar Offline

Loc: New York City
My personal stance is that X-mas is strictly for the kids. It's also just a lot of stress going broke getting stuff for family and friends. I am admittedly so caught up in the mundane world that that's what it means to me.

X-mas was formerly the Pagans' Winter Solstice celebration anyway and then got commercialized. "Buy this, buy that" and yadda, yadda, yadda.

As long as the kids are happy...

#6356 - 03/25/08 09:06 AM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: PigFeeder]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
I like to think of it as celebrating yule if I'm celebrating at all. It has nothing to do with religion but rather the changing of seasons and such.
Tha last few years I haven't really been able to celebreate it at all, since for some reason christmas time gets quite depressed. I don't want to see my family nor most of my friends. Last christmas I spent with my band mate and one other guy. We ate, drank and went to sauna and later to a bar. That was all and probably the best christmas I've had for years.

Page 2 of 6 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.