Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#11392 - 09/11/08 09:43 AM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Raziel LaVey]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
I personally haven't celebrated christmas for a few years. Not for any particular reason other than that I can't get in the mood and while others do I don't want to spoil it for them. I do give presents on christmas for my family and girlfriend so that they know I have remembered them and wish them a happy christmas. Hope it makes up a bit for my absence. Usually I just stop by for an hour or two for dinner and then leave them for their merry making...
Last year I discovered a good substitute for christmas, we kind of had our own "orphans'" christmas with my band mate and one other guy. We ate and drank and spent the evening in good humor. Suppose that's what awaits this year too.

#11403 - 09/11/08 03:37 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
Satansfarm Offline

Loc: america
Christmas to me is the Winter Solstice. It is a good time to get that wish list out, light the candles, and ring the bell. Santa spelled sideways is Satan.
#11406 - 09/11/08 05:58 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Raziel LaVey]
Impius Offline
pledge

Loc: Lille, France
Same here, Xmas is clearly not a religious thing (any more ?), so it's OK to me.

#11469 - 09/15/08 09:07 AM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Impius]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
To me or my family it never has been a religious thing, nor do I know anyone else in Finland who celebrates Christmas for the sake of Jesus. It's just a good time to spend time together with the loved ones and relatives that you might not other wise see so often.
I don't personally need it, quite the contrary, but I understand very well why people like to celebrate it.

#11471 - 09/15/08 10:59 AM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
ShadowWalker Offline
stranger

Loc: Yokosuka, Japan
I rather enjoy the Xmas season. I celebrate it, personally, as the winter solstice, but my family does not and I respect that. I think it is a consumerist holiday, but isn't every holiday nowadays? Every holiday is commercialized and set up to be a "buying extravaganza!" From the Xmas shopping sprees, to the Presidents day car sales.
I enjoy the gift giving of the Xmas season. I get to recieve gifts that I may not have been able to afford at the time myself; last Xmas I was given a new laptop by my parents, since mine was out dated. And I buy gifts for my close family, mainly my younger brother and sister. It is also the only holiday of the year that I actually get to go home and spend time with my family. I am currently stationed over seas in Japan, and I can only afford to go home once a year. Xmas is a convenient time.
Plus there is all the other fun things like partying and just lounging around on another day without work.

#11473 - 09/15/08 12:33 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: ShadowWalker]
Satansfarm Offline

Statistically speaking, more people get killed around this time than any other. I remember in North beach, SF, we called it "THE ANNUAL HUMAN SACRIFICE" I was playing my guitar on the corner one night and a riot broke out across the street. I saw bloody faces and people running, I heard screams. I took my cue and ran. I found out later that some gang kid got his brains blown out. I played on the same spot the murder occurred the next day. there were still little fragments of skull and brains on the sidewalk. Hey, it's the holiday season. There is money to be made and why let a little homicide get in the way?????
#11497 - 09/16/08 04:55 AM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Satansfarm]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
 Originally Posted By: Satansfarm
Statistically speaking, more people get killed around this time than any other. I remember in North beach, SF, we called it "THE ANNUAL HUMAN SACRIFICE" I was playing my guitar on the corner one night and a riot broke out across the street. I saw bloody faces and people running, I heard screams. I took my cue and ran. I found out later that some gang kid got his brains blown out. I played on the same spot the murder occurred the next day. there were still little fragments of skull and brains on the sidewalk. Hey, it's the holiday season. There is money to be made and why let a little homicide get in the way?????
Y'know, It seems to me that it's very similar everywhere. Obviously not as extreme as you've described, but it seems to me that Christmas sends every other civilian doo-lally. And here I am thinking I'm the insane one, when there are nut-jobs out there causing havoc during the festive season.

#11500 - 09/16/08 07:03 AM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: DistroyA]
Satansfarm Offline

For whatever physical/emotional reason, this time of year charges the world with energy. It is magic to use the will
to convert that energy to suit our own needs. The fall season is upon us, and so is Halloween. Spring, Fall, Summer, Winter. We mark these times as crucial points in our survival.

#11505 - 09/16/08 10:03 AM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Satansfarm]
DistroyA Offline

Originally Posted By: Satansfarm
For whatever physical/emotional reason, this time of year charges the world with energy. It is magic to use the will
to convert that energy to suit our own needs. The fall season is upon us, and so is Halloween. Spring, Fall, Summer, Winter. We mark these times as crucial points in our survival.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to Halloween this year. Mainly because I have that weekend off work. \:D

Hopefully, this year will be better for Halloween, unlike last year...

#11525 - 09/16/08 06:36 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: DistroyA]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
In Aus, some people wrongly celebrate Halloween in line with America, when really it is Beltane here, and of course we don't have thanks giving, but we do have Christmas in SUMMER!

That's the best thing about Christmas, to me, it isn't a religious holiday at all, but rather a celebration of family. We do the family dinner, will ALL the family, kids and Aunts and Grannies. Very matriarchal my family, surprise, surprise.

It's usually beautiful weather and most people are off work for those couple of weeks from Christmas to after New Year.

My daughters birthday is also on the 27th, so even more reasons to celebrate to me.

We don't do the huge every one gets gifts, we do Chris Kringle (so every adult gets one present, small price limit set), and you get presents for kids until they turn 18. So it doesn't cost a small fortune.

We still do the tradional roast, Port, Turkey and Ham, but I usually get several kilos of king prawns also for starters, which has become a big part of the meal the last 5 odd years.

Oh yeah, and often we do a champagne and crossiant breakfast, or smoked salmon on pita bread with horseradish cream and capers.

Ah yes, Christmas's true meaning, FOOD & FAMILY

Zeph

#12264 - 10/06/08 11:50 AM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Arkham Offline
stranger

Loc: European Union, Sweden
I celebrate Wintersolstice at the 21th, then christmass together with family and friends at the 24th. In Sweden, almost no one celebrates christmas for the religious reason anymore, it's just gifts, no work and good food. I also think our cold and dark season up here in the north is worth celebrating. Everything's just cold, dark and quiet, and that makes me feel comfortable.

#12267 - 10/06/08 12:25 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Arkham]
DistroyA Offline

Originally Posted By: Arkham
I celebrate Wintersolstice at the 21th, then christmass together with family and friends at the 24th. In Sweden, almost no one celebrates christmas for the religious reason anymore, it's just gifts, no work and good food. I also think our cold and dark season up here in the north is worth celebrating. Everything's just cold, dark and quiet, and that makes me feel comfortable.
That's a good way to look at Christmas, Arkham. You have practically the same attitude towards it as myself; it's just a holiday where one spends time with people they may not be able to for whatever reason during the rest of the year, and one can separate the religious aspects from it. Finding your own view of the holiday can make it all the more special to one's self, and one can appreciate it even more so.

That's how I look at it anyway. Yes, the Christians took Winter Solstice and added their own bullshit to it, but I separate it from that, and therefore, I can enjoy Christmas for what it is.

#12296 - 10/06/08 08:17 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: DistroyA]
Nykky Offline
stranger

Loc: Northern CA
Christmas to me is getting together with family, cooking, eating, giving gifts. Just getting together and having a good time. My parents are both atheists so while growing up Easter and Christmas were never religious holidays to us. We have a Christmas tree and everything for my daughter. Last year we had a Halloween decorated Christmas tree, check out the link to see it. Were are probably going to do the same thing this year. My daughter loves it.

Pictures

Now Halloween is a very very important holiday to us. This year it will be our 4th year wedding anniversary. In 2003 my husband proposed to me on Halloween by carving out in pumpkins Nicole Will You Marry Me! We had a whole year to plan the wedding and got married a year later. My wedding was fantastic. My dad made us caskets and we got carried up to the graveyard alter by pallbearers. I wont get to much into it, but if you want to know more just pm me.

Anyway I've gotten a lot of crap from my daughters biological side of the family about not celebrating Christmas as the birth of Christ and so on...he ended up signing his rights over and my husband has adopted my daughter, it was finalized this past April. Thats a long story though. My point of view is my daughter will decide what her religious beliefs are. I've never banned anything from her and whatever she chooses she knows I will support her and not make her feel bad or that she is wrong in making that choice.

#12302 - 10/07/08 12:53 AM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Nykky]
BloodHorn Offline

Loc: Stockbridge Ga
i hate christmas.always have.as it represents something im so against.i dread it every year.thats all i will say.

#12509 - 10/11/08 07:09 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: BloodHorn]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Christmas...hmm

An excuse to feast and celebrate the ones I care about.

What could be better?

Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.