Page 1 of 6 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#1290 - 10/28/07 05:12 PM The Satanic stance on Xmas?
Samuel Satanas Offline
lurker

So Xmas, we know it is derived from a pagan festival- the Winter Solstice which falls on the 21st of December which was hijacked by the xtains, but who amongst us celebrates or does what around this month of december? Gifts, cards and toys for the boys? Or a true boycott of the whole tedious hyped up holiday season?

#1359 - 11/02/07 01:13 AM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Samuel Satanas]
Meq Offline
Banned

The long, dark nights of the winter tend to fill me with a passion for the night and for darkness.
A drop in temperature can seem eerie, and bring a completely different atmosphere to natural spots.

And, of course, there's a good excuse for some hedonism.

#1367 - 11/02/07 06:52 AM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Meq]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
Ok... we have a basic choice.

1. Boycott the worship of Jesus and do nothing.

2. Give and receive gifts, have ridicules amounts of expensive food and drink, go to parties and other social gatherings, enjoy the company of lots of people all generally in a good happy mood and for most people not have to attend work/school/uni etc. for a few days.

Personally I'll take the second option, it's considerably more fun.

#1369 - 11/02/07 06:59 AM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: TornadoCreator]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Most definitely, and avoid all that silly religiousness--Merry Christmas, Happy Channukah, and whatever the hell you say about Ramadan. Blah blah, just have a good time with family and friends of your choosing. Party, pig out, pass out, and do whatever feels great to all.

I found some smart-ass wrapping paper on thinkgeek.com that says, "Have a Satisfactory, Non-denominational Capitalist, Wintertime Gift-giving Season!"

#2246 - 11/25/07 09:55 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Nemesis]
Bid Offline
stranger

Loc: Cardiff, UK
I enjoy this holiday period for all the gifts, good food and time off it brings, but an important factor for me is that I don't ask for any of it. Year after year, I do nothing christmassy and give away no gifts, yet people still give generously - not my problem. I have no pity for anyone who gives out of sheer conformity and gets nothing in return.

I often tell people I simply don't celebrate christmas because I'm not a christian, to which the reply is often, "Well, you could still celebrate it, it is christmas afterall!"

To this my reply is simply: would you have chemotherapy if you didn't have cancer?

#2248 - 11/25/07 10:01 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Bid]
TornadoCreator Offline

I find it fun and actually enjoy both giving and receiving gifts at Christmas. It's a holiday I do celebrate and always will because it's religiousless now. It's the time of the year when people of all religions come together to worship Santa.

Hail Santa.

#2251 - 11/25/07 10:23 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: TornadoCreator]
Bid Offline
stranger

I understand your point about the increasing secularity of christmas. However, I just don't happen to enjoy the festivities, secular or not. I enjoy the free material gain and opportunity to relax at home. But I can't stand the apparent obligation to celebrate. I celebrate my own existence every day! I also think Winter itself is awesome enough to celebrate for an entire month. But Jesus has nothing to do with that.

I think most people actually find christmas a time when, whether they like it or not, they MUST act happily and generously (my reference to conformity in my previous post), whereas I couldn't be happier and more content all year round. Pretence is one of my biggest annoyances.

#2252 - 11/25/07 10:27 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Bid]
TornadoCreator Offline

I look forward to Christmas because it's the time where I can see my parents and siblings and I get time off work. That's reason enough to celebrate and indulge.

#2253 - 11/25/07 10:30 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: TornadoCreator]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
I've been having a real issue this year at the mindless consumerism of the average American person. It literally makes me sick to my stomach. These people that camp out in tents and sleeping bags on Thanksgiving night in front of Best Buy for a cheap laptop, Walmart, the malls, etc. Nothing but "shopping tips" dominated the tv news headlines the day after Thanksgiving, or "Black Friday", as it's popularly known. How the hell is that news? I'd like to know.

Yes, Christmas is fun for the gifts, the food and the good times, but you shouldn't break yourself buying a $300 game system for your 10 yr old, which is going to be obsolete by the end of the next year anyway. Or a slutty-looking Barbie doll for your 8 year old that will play with it for a week and get bored. Buy gifts that will be used, appreciated, and are thoughtful.

Unfortuately I can't afford to buy a horde of presents for my closest family members this year. For my boyfriend and best friend, yes, but that's it. That could explain my jaded outlook on the way people are behaving towards Christmas this year. Or maybe not. I know I'm not the only one fed up with these annual proceedings of stores whoring out their goods, and the sheep that come to mindlessly lap them up. Instead, I'm making home-made cards (non-religious of course, some of them quite sassy). At least I'll be putting some thought into my cards, with handwritten calligraphy on the inside. It's not much, but it's something to show my loved ones that I'm thinking of them.

#2254 - 11/25/07 10:31 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: TornadoCreator]
Bid Offline
stranger

Quote:
I look forward to Christmas because it's the time where I can see my parents and siblings and I get time off work. That's reason enough to celebrate and indulge.

That's more or less my point. It's a Wintery holiday where I get to see my family and relax... thanks, Jesus. *thumbs up*

#2257 - 11/25/07 10:42 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Nemesis]
Bid Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Nemesis
I've been having a real issue this year at the mindless consumerism of the average American person. It literally makes me sick to my stomach. These people that camp out in tents and sleeping bags on Thanksgiving night in front of Best Buy for a cheap laptop, Walmart, the malls, etc. Nothing but "shopping tips" dominated the tv news headlines the day after Thanksgiving, or "Black Friday", as it's popularly known. How the hell is that news? I'd like to know.

Yes, Christmas is fun for the gifts, the food and the good times, but you shouldn't break yourself buying a $300 game system for your 10 yr old, which is going to be obsolete by the end of the next year anyway. Or a slutty-looking Barbie doll for your 8 year old that will play with it for a week and get bored. Buy gifts that will be used, appreciated, and are thoughtful.

Unfortuately I can't afford to buy a horde of presents for my closest family members this year. For my boyfriend and best friend, yes, but that's it. That could explain my jaded outlook on the way people are behaving towards Christmas this year. Or maybe not. I know I'm not the only one fed up with these annual proceedings of stores whoring out their goods, and the sheep that come to mindlessly lap them up. Instead, I'm making home-made cards (non-religious of course, some of them quite sassy). At least I'll be putting some thought into my cards, with handwritten calligraphy on the inside. It's not much, but it's something to show my loved ones that I'm thinking of them.

Meh... to me christmas is still just unnecessary and arbitrary and therefore not worth stressing over. Nothing appeals to me and I don't feel obliged in any way.

Anyway, I think my view has been thoroughly expressed.

#2271 - 11/26/07 07:56 AM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Nemesis]
Equilibrio Offline
pledge

Loc: Missouri
 Quote:
I've been having a real issue this year at the mindless consumerism of the average American person. It literally makes me sick to my stomach.

I used to feel this way as well. Working with the public in a retail capacity (wine & spirits) gives you a firsthand account of just how jaded the average consumer is. It's almost like they have no choice but to engage in this same ruthless shopping spree every year...A testament to the power of the advertising industry.

Now I just sit back and enjoy watching the ensuing chaos, knowing that there is some sort of stratification at work here. I like to fantasize that these are the same people who would commit mass suicide if the economy were to ever completely collapse. I mean, what good is a 72" plasma screen T.V. when you can't afford the electricity, right?

Ho ho ho.

#2272 - 11/26/07 08:10 AM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Equilibrio]
Bid Offline
stranger

Mindless consumerism is the most important requisite of the wealthy, capitalist West. As far as experiencing the immediate behaviour of such drones... enjoy it! I have worked in shops over the christmas period and, when serving stressed out customers, I am polite on the outside, bellowing with sardonic laughter on the inside. Come January, the majority of people are exhausted, in debt, and miserable about going back to work, whereas I am laughing it up with my unspent salary... including christmas bonuses!
#2302 - 11/26/07 08:25 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Bid]
hellbent666
Unregistered

I personally hate what Christmas used to stand for in the Xtian world. But now I don't really care one way or the other because it's always great to spend time with my family. I was in prison for almost 2 years and only got to see my mom once or twice a month for 20 months so it's awesome to finally be out and amongst loved ones. The other night for Turkey day we sat down and instead or saying grace my mom said out of respect for me we're not going to pray or say grace! I thought that was so cool of her! If only there was more understanding respectful people like that in the world. I guess the current evolution of x-mas is just a day to get fat and give each other cool shit, until recently I never knew how close x-mas was to the winter solstice. Christians call us pagan which by definition we are but they have a ton of pagan rituals too! How friggin' crazy is that. I'm definitely going to enjoy x-mas this year but only because of my family and my freedom. No one really follows the religious implications anymore.
#2330 - 11/27/07 02:53 PM Re: The Satanic stance on Xmas? [Re: Samuel Satanas]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Christmas....

Its a day off from work.
A mindless shopping frenzy by consumers who do/buy what they are told to buy/get. So they can go into further debt come january.

I get gifts for individuals when I feel like it, I dont need/believe in the one day a year bullshit.
I send stuff to my sister for the kids. Kids are just sometimes too young to understand, so I think if it makes them smile, its okay.

On that note, I still have the black christmas tree up from last year.

So, just do what makes you happy on that day.
Sleep late, enjoy family & friends, and indulge.

Morg

Page 1 of 6 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.023 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.