Page 5 of 5 <12345
Topic Options
#13384 - 10/24/08 12:23 PM Re: Hypothetical Question [Re: Fabiano]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Quote:

Dan,

Trying to make me feel ridiculous is useless ;\) ...

Uhh, what?

I was pointing out that your position is ridiculous. If you would defend a ridiculous position just because you happen to hold it...well that say's a lot about you now doesn't it?

Try again and maybe this time think about what I said before you reply.

#13385 - 10/24/08 12:51 PM Re: Hypothetical Question [Re: Dan_Dread]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Boys, take the pissing contest elsewhere please, or else stay on topic.

#13390 - 10/24/08 01:39 PM Re: Hypothetical Question [Re: Nemesis]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

I would say the legitimacy of the 'agnostic' position is quite relevant to this discussion.

#13395 - 10/24/08 02:05 PM Re: Hypothetical Question [Re: Dan_Dread]
Nemesis Offline

And yet you added nothing to the conversation in your above post, only to "call him out" on it. Where does that get us?

If you'd like to debate the finer points of agnosticism, make a separate thread.

#13396 - 10/24/08 02:37 PM Re: Hypothetical Question [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Given all of the real horrors in the world, why on Earth would you need to concern yourself with various fairy tales of heaven and hell?

And why do we have to follow the paradigm of the Sons of Solomon? The Hindus and Buddhist would tell you that hell is right here on Earth. Well, they are at least half right.

Heaven and Hell is right here on Earth. The best and worst of all things can be experienced right now in this life.

#13397 - 10/24/08 02:46 PM Re: Hypothetical Question [Re: Fist]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I assure you that I am not concerned with fairy tales of heaven and hell. I know they are exactly that, fairy tales. You are absolutely right, heaven and hell are the here and now in this life.

#13399 - 10/24/08 02:52 PM Re: Hypothetical Question [Re: Fabiano]
BlacKAcRE66 Offline
pledge

Loc: California
 Originally Posted By: Fabiano
Hi Diavolo,

Quick reply as I have few time, I'll come back later :

- Gravity is a force. It's concrete and real. Then yes there is a Newton theory which has his limitations and a relativity theory showing these limitations, then there'll probably be an other theory that will show relativity limits... A theory (or model) should not be confused with what it describes...

- Even if I would bet on the good horse, it's still possible he has an heart attack during the race and the 3 legs horse wins...

- Thanks for the "new perspective" be sure I'll take it into account in my thoughts.

Yes, but now we are only talking theories which need to be tested by observation...Some theories remain in the laboratory for a long time....There are other laws you seem to scratch on, and that was quantum or random physics...Or the laws of probability...I don't know how gravity is limited unless you change what is producing it, because gravity in other systems or circumstances is infinite such as is the case with Black Holes which tend to get bigger as it sucks in more systems or stars.

Am I going off topic here?

#13400 - 10/24/08 03:17 PM Re: Hypothetical Question [Re: BlacKAcRE66]
Nemesis Offline

Yeah, you guys are going off on completely different tangents...metaphysics, agnosticism, astronomy, Santa Claus...

The original question was, "What if heaven and hell were real, you would be going to hell does this bother you?".

#13401 - 10/24/08 03:32 PM Re: Hypothetical Question [Re: Nemesis]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Personally that just seems like a really silly question.

But ok, I'll play along I guess. My answer to it is: No, not a whit.
If a childlike insecure egocentric tyrannical thing such as that actually existed I would do everything in my power to fight against it.The bible describes hell basically as being out of the presence of god for all eternity. (at least that is how most theologians would tell it)
On the flip side of the coin, the bible describes heaven basically as a less fun version of a borg cube. At least the borg get to walk around. Citizens of 'new Jerusalem' (aka heaven) have to worship the egomaniac 27/7 flat on their faces.

Not a hard choice. Only a maniac would want to go to heaven.

#13421 - 10/24/08 11:49 PM Re: Hypothetical Question [Re: Nemesis]
BlacKAcRE66 Offline
pledge

Loc: California
I knew it. I like talking science stuff though. I was not only astronomy, it was cosmology.lol

Page 5 of 5 <12345

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.