Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#1678 - 11/10/07 03:31 PM Re: Satanic Philosophy forum [Re: Meq]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
That sounds delicious, and a seemingly simple recipe....Beside the half hour of beating! But that's what electric mixers are for, haha

I will try that though (I'm sure we have corn flour at the store here).

The recipe says to make them like pancakes--so I'm assuming pour the batter in a greased pan on the stove, brown both sides, and taaa daaa?

mmmmmmmmmmmm.........

#1684 - 11/10/07 03:59 PM Re: Satanic Philosophy forum [Re: Nemesis]
Meq Offline
Banned

Don't go for corn starch, use yellow corn flour (the most common yellow corn flour in Europe is polenta, a Mediterranean rather than Caribbean variety: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/glossary/p.shtml?polenta )

For the full experience, find a supplier of tropical yellow cornmeal.

This is mixed with wheat flour in pan bati (which incidentally means 'beaten bread' in the Aruban native tongue).

Edited by Paula (11/10/07 04:01 PM)
Edit Reason: fixed link

#1686 - 11/10/07 04:05 PM Re: Satanic Philosophy forum [Re: Nemesis]
Meq Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: Nemesis
The recipe says to make them like pancakes--so I'm assuming pour the batter in a greased pan on the stove, brown both sides, and taaa daaa?

Yes.
It is normally done with a LOT of cooking oil, a shocking amount when I saw my Caribbean friends make it.
My tastes are for less oil (judge according to taste), but it helps to make it flatter if less oil is desired (not flat like a pancake though).

It also needs to cook for longer than pancakes on a low-ish heat, to ensure the bread is cooked right through (but without burning it).

It can be eaten on its own, with a little butter and possibly toppings and/or spreads, or sliced and put in soup (like Arubans do in place of croutons).
It is best eaten while still hot (though not mouth-burningly so).

Enjoy!

Edited by Paula (11/10/07 04:10 PM)
Edit Reason: more info

#1687 - 11/10/07 04:17 PM Re: Satanic Philosophy forum [Re: TornadoCreator]
Euronymous Offline
stranger

Loc: san diego, ca
I would have to concur with TornadoCrator on this topic. Yes, we are all Satanists here (hopefully) but that does not mean we have to limit the forum topics to just Satanic Philosophy. I would love to conversate about the other arenas of life like music and travel; just to name a few. Don't get me wrong, I love the ego stroking from time to time :), but other topics are pertinent on a forum as well.

#1688 - 11/10/07 04:26 PM Re: Satanic Philosophy forum [Re: Nemesis]
Meq Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: Nemesis
That sounds delicious, and a seemingly simple recipe....

This and related recipes may have a Jewish influence.
As with the Jews in Eastern Europe, simple recipes started in poor Jewish communities in the Caribbean first became a staple diet of the peasants, and then became a delicacy enjoyed by all social classes.
Necessity is the mother of invention, as they say.

But I don't really care too much for a possible Jewish influence when I'm enjoying this bread with two crisp rashers of bacon \:\/

I don't know how many people add rum, but I'm sure it's popular. I might be tempted to add freshly squeezed pineapple juice and coconut milk for a pina colada bread \:D

P.S.
Not that I'd dare advocate anything illegal - but any optional herbal ingredients are best ground or broken up very finely...

#7537 - 04/12/08 07:32 AM Re: Satanic Philosophy forum [Re: Meq]
morrismorgan Offline
stranger

Loc: Kwara,Nigeria
i myself will rather support this to be on it own.
#8796 - 05/18/08 12:56 PM Re: Satanic Philosophy forum [Re: Meq]
doctorsaige Offline
stranger

Loc: Ca, USA
I guess I'll take a stab at it. I'm brand new. I've not graduated even from lurker. But I had an epiphany this morning, I'd like to share. Briefly I'll say I joined this site because I am..well..confused on the type fellowship to seek where i can channel my true soul with, because I can't seem to find friends similar to me that accept my way of thinking.
I hate injustice, I hate "holier than thou" attitude some people have, and I don't let it get by, coming from a source of inadequacy, which it usually is. I've got a fiance in prison, & he tells me [b[u]]everything[/b][/u] gets dealt with in there, hands down. If it's wrong, it doesn't pass. That's the way it should be, to me. This morning, I was in a chatroom of Philosophy and Religion, in the section titled "other". My profile at this other organization contains some nudes of me, nothing distasteful or intrusive. Once again, I was proven correct, that the people who claim to be of a forgiving and loving God are the biggest pricks ever.. someone went to the Admin who was talking about having sex in the Church pews, mind you... and complained that my nude photos in my profile were inappropriate for the children cruising by that site, and that nude photos are "Not allowed" and "against the site policy." As usual, I know that I am going to humiliate this little snitch, and I am somehow taking enormous comfort in my upcoming revenge...I guess upon all this, I was led to the philosophy once again, that I must be Satanist. Anyhow, sorry to burn your ears off.. sure feels good to vent. I've much to learn about others and myself and I hope to do it here. Good Day....

#8798 - 05/18/08 04:25 PM Re: Satanic Philosophy forum [Re: doctorsaige]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
 Quote:
someone went to the Admin who was talking about having sex in the Church pews, mind you... and complained that my nude photos in my profile were inappropriate for the children cruising by that site, and that nude photos are "Not allowed" and "against the site policy."

Well, if the person or people who run that website state that nude photos are against the policy, then it is possible that the people who use that website might have something against looking at nude photos also.
Anton LaVey stated that when in someone else's lair (house or domain) one might be wise to respect the rules of the place. I personally happen to agree with that.

Granted, I also believe, that few people are as disgusting as a "snitch." They are often times bottom dwellers, who eat the shit of others, and are back boneless slime.

However, if someone goes to a domain because they enjoy the place, and respect and appricate the rules there because they agree with it, and then find someone breaking those rules; which in turn perverts the place which they wish to be part of, then they would be doing themselves a dis-service, if they did not attempt to correct the situation by making the host aware of the rule breaker.

On the other hand, I greatly disapprove of those entities, who attempt to regulate and censor the Internet itself. That, I believe to be everyone's domain, and would not like to see any special interests put any rules and regulations on it.
In that area, I don't believe that anyone has the responsibility to be concerned with anyone else's "sensitivities." In that case, it is the users responsibility to not take part in content which they find offensive.
When it comes to children using the internet, I believe it is their parent's responsibility to monitor their activities, and use controls available to them, to keep their children away from content which the parents find objectionable; but it is not the responsibility of the World Wibe Web community to censor themselves because parents would rather pass on the responsibility of parenting to the rest of the world, because it is easier to do so, then to make the effort themselves.

Edited by Asmedious (05/18/08 04:25 PM)

#8803 - 05/18/08 09:16 PM Re: Satanic Philosophy forum [Re: Asmedious]
doctorsaige Offline
stranger

Loc: Ca, USA
Hello Asmedious..

Thank you for presenting a much more logical take on that for me. I was looking forward to any feedback on this. I've decided too, that I wasn't 100% in the corner of LaVey as far as fully respecting the domain rules and perhaps I'd be more foolish than not, to seek my revenge on him just yet, as it's not as though I'm really in the right either for having the pics up. Maybe he's just someone I need to watch from now on...thank you again, and I like learning about LaVey

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 22 queries. Zlib compression disabled.