Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#13869 - 11/04/08 07:44 PM The Objectivist Party
Sharschosen Offline
stranger

Well now, this is interesting... I've got, what, 2 and a half hours left, and I'm still trying to figure out who to vote for, thank wikipedia for it's list of candidates.

Dr. Thomas Stevens is running as an Objectivist, looking at their page, it's got lots of quotes from Ayn Rand, but it basically comes down to "The only proper functions of government are: the police, to protect you from criminals; the army, to protect you from foreign invaders; and the courts, to protect your property and contracts from breach or fraud by others, to settle disputes by rational rules, according to objective law."

Well, sounds better than anyone else... at least I don't feel conflicted about voting for this guy.

#13884 - 11/04/08 11:34 PM Re: The Objectivist Party [Re: Sharschosen]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I find it funny that Ayn Rand was strictly against forming a political party based on her ideas.

Nonetheless I do agree with many of their affirmed positions.... but it wouldn't be much use to vote for these guys anyway. Too bad Americans have no choice but to dance to only the tunes of the two popular parties.

#13930 - 11/05/08 05:54 PM Re: The Objectivist Party [Re: The Zebu]
Sharschosen Offline
stranger

Yeah, I know, I voted for him because he's the only candidate I didn't feel conflicted about (other than his third party), I mean:

McCain/Palin- Christian "Reich" nutjobs
Obama/Biden- Doesn't know when to shoot, only talk
Moore/Block- Do we really want a mute, palsey addled quadrapeligic president?
The facist (don't remember his name)- Well, he's a facist and would be trying to turn the presidency into "Dictator for Life" (although he'd also be trying to ban christianity...)

Thomas Stevens/(running mate)- Kinda strikes me as some 1920's pulp adventurer... which honestly sounds damned cool.

and my gf says that she feels like voting third party is throwing away a vote.

#18787 - 01/24/09 05:03 PM Re: The Objectivist Party [Re: Sharschosen]
Cumulus Magus Offline
stranger

Loc: Bronx, New York
I agree with the Objectivist view! Although I normally vote for the Libertarian party, even though most of the herd would not vote for them nor does the media talk about them, I dont expect them to win, its more of a vote of protest and I feel is a lot more in accordance with Satanism!

Hail Satan!!!
http://www.mises.org/rothbard/newlibertywhole.asp

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.023 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 17 queries. Zlib compression disabled.