Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#21389 - 03/02/09 11:12 AM Re: Obama [Re: Butterz]
LordOf_illusions Offline
stranger

Loc: Kansas
Lately I've heard about future economical crashes of the financial system in 2011 even with stimulus or tarp assistance from the federal government.

Personally I'm dreaming the little dream that the whole system will burn in everybody's face.

( I think the United States needs some chaos in it's own nation in order to clean house. It's overdue.)

Edited by LordOf_illusions (03/02/09 11:14 AM)

#25604 - 06/13/09 05:01 AM Re: Obama [Re: LordOf_illusions]
Atralux Lucis Offline
pledge

Loc: Australia
Im not in america but had a little look at either obama or the other old bastard.
I wouldve vote Hilary clinton as a female president. Unfortunately Obama got in. But then Id vote obama. Hes pretty fun i guess, and black-ish so thats okay. From what ive seen obama makes the position a little less formal and serious and gives people a laugh. Hes more of a people person.
Thye other guy looked like a old, stale conservative. I hate conservatism because its sexist, stupid, and based on christian ethics. No way Id want some old fashioned bastard who looks like he will be dead in a couple of years anyway as president.

I have no idea about the other guy, or american politics anyway so my opinion is probably based on flawed evidence.

#25619 - 06/13/09 09:03 PM Re: Obama [Re: Atralux Lucis]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: Atralux Lucis
I have no idea about the other guy, or american politics anyway so my opinion is probably based on flawed evidence.

Clearly your opinion is based on nothing but a personís appearance. He is blackish and fun looking? At least this was worth a laugh.

I would ask what you think you added to this thread by posting, but you did show how appearance and/or skin color could sway a vote. I just do not believe that was your intention.

Good Day

~T~

#25659 - 06/15/09 07:17 AM Re: Obama [Re: Atralux Lucis]
Saligia Offline
stranger

Loc: Manchester, England
A lot of people fall for the "fun looking guy" or the "down to Earth guy" act when they decide who to vote for. I'll admit I have very little understanding of American politics myself, but I've seen so many politicians make themselves out to be loveable it's unbelievable. Even David Cameron and Tony Blair tried to use this tactic at the beginning of their careers and both of them turned out to be pricks, for lack of a better word.
Perhaps Obama genuinely is the fun guy he appears to be, but does this really qualify him for presidency? Unfortunately being a "decent bloke" doesn't make somebody a prime candidate for a good leader. It seems that politicians have become something of a product for sale these days, people are dazzled by good advertising and pretty packaging and overlook the vital question of "will this work?"

#25663 - 06/15/09 11:10 AM Re: Obama [Re: Saligia]
icu4whatur Offline
stranger

Obama is the most successful used car salesman that the party(ies) could dig up. Has there been any real fundamental difference between what the Republicans under GWB did and what Obama has done? Nope.

People need to get over the idea of the two party system and realize that it's all the same people who set this system up to distract us from the issues that matter. There is ONE party in America.

Someone told me recently that we had some real idiots in congress (and Washington in general) because they have no idea how bad the stimuli efforts are going to fail. I told him that he was wrong. Our leaders are brilliant. They persuaded us to print 2 Trillion dollars in the first few months of 2009 alone and give it to the very people who created the recession/depression in the first place.

Start storing food everyone. You're going to need it soon.

#25687 - 06/15/09 11:58 PM Re: Obama [Re: icu4whatur]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
There was no persuasion in that. The federal government just did it and told everyone it would work.

The crime here is not necessarily the people (yes, can you believe I said that?), it is the fact that the federal government has to continue to wipe the asses of those who give them the most perks. Of course they are going to give money to those places that fucked us in the first place. Those places are the same places that spent a billion dollars rallying behind the individual politicians' campaigns and pork barrel projects.

You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. Especially when the bill goes to someone other than me.

#25748 - 06/18/09 01:22 PM Re: Obama [Re: ceruleansteel]
icu4whatur Offline
stranger

The persuasion was all of the time/money/research they spent in dumbing everyone down for the last 40 years making the sheeple wait on the edge of their seats for the new episode of American Idol or some other bullshit instead of trying to force them into thinking for themselves. This is the payoff.

China is in the process of dumping the dollar now. When this comes full circle we won't have the buying power that most 3rd world nations enjoy today. Coupled with the 3 day food supply that we have on the shelves of our stores leaves us thoroughly fucked in short order.

Personally I'm looking forward to watching the suburbs starve to death while they await the great recovery so they can drive their Hummers to soccer practice again while getting jacked up on Venti Lattes and Zig Ziglar motivational dogma to better drive up the price of real estate.

...And I'm an optimist \:D

#25760 - 06/18/09 09:35 PM Re: Obama [Re: icu4whatur]
Nightmare Offline
pledge

Loc: San Antonio TX
 Originally Posted By: icu4whatur
Obama is the most successful used car salesman that the party(ies) could dig up. Has there been any real fundamental difference between what the Republicans under GWB did and what Obama has done? Nope.

People need to get over the idea of the two party system and realize that it's all the same people who set this system up to distract us from the issues that matter. There is ONE party in America.

Exactly it really makes no difference who is elected they are all puppets in U.S. politics

Obama brings nothing new to the table but his charisma and His amazing speeches... that man can give a good line of shit. However for some reason he has gone back on everything he ran on, he said at one point he wasn't going to raise taxes and look at what he is trying to do... put taxes on soda and tobacco products.

He is nothing more than another monkey put to power and "we" (Americans that is) will continue to vote for the puppets until one of them royally fucks up... which right now is looking like obama. Americans need to learn that several other parties are out there and not only two people run each year.

Once the people of America learn about those other parties who knows what will happen to this country...

Also this country is FAR overdue for a mass riot or some type of new movement to take effect I believe in 2012 when the next president is elected it may be the beginning of the end of America as we know it

#25776 - 06/19/09 10:44 AM Re: Obama [Re: ta2zz]
Atralux Lucis Offline
pledge

Loc: Australia
I was merely pointing out that to have a black-ish (entertaining the disputes of him being actually BLACK) is a good thing for equality between races.
I learnt a bit about JFK and it seems he was a rather fun president and he managed to do an immense amount of stuff, and only on his first day. I just think that Obama is infinitely better than the alternative (aside Clinton, Id love to see Bill Clinton as First Lady/Man or whatever theyd do) a woman president would make much more interest than a black president.

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 22 queries. Zlib compression disabled.