Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#13958 - 11/05/08 11:11 PM When Zombies Attack
Butterz Offline
pledge

Loc: Georgia
I read the post on fear and decided to start a new post.

What do you do when zombies attack? Lets face facts its not outside the realm of possibility. Hollywood has often done things before they happen in reality, such as going into space. Imagination sparks innovations and inventions. Story lines like Resident Evil where a chemical can cure paralysis or wrinkles by reanimating dead cells. I Am Legend presents the "cure" to cancer.

I have a fair ammount of ammo and three guns. I also have a samuri sword. My plan is to secure the wal-mart across from my house. Brick building with no windows. My worst fear is being somewhere and running out of food or water. The hard part would be securing it before it was over run by zombies or looted by paranoid survivers that wanna "keep moving" and make it to that family member who is already dead.

#13964 - 11/05/08 11:59 PM Re: When Zombies Attack [Re: Butterz]
Octavius Offline

Loc: just visiting
You sound like a danger to yourself. Are you seriously spending time making contingency plans for a zombie attack? I'd be more worried about the bot fly larvae that are slowly eating away your innards. Kidding aside, go read a book or do something constructive.

#13966 - 11/06/08 04:24 AM Re: When Zombies Attack [Re: Octavius]
Butterz Offline
pledge

Loc: Georgia
To those whom think zombies are NOT possible:

It could happen one of two ways. Either a virus type bio-weapon, or the cure to a disease.Lets pick a deadly disease, Aids. Now lets say scientist create a "cure". Over time a medication or virus could cause swelling of the medula omblangota, thus causing increased aggression. The swelling of the brain causes some sort of neurological disorder shutting down parts of the brain. The person is now living only on anger and adrenaline. Now our "patient" is aggressive and mentally challenged. Unable to walk, talk, or function properly. Since adrenaline can keep the body going awhile after death the only way to stop the person would be destroy the brain or cause the person to bleed out.

Thats still not a zombie though. Zombies hunger for flesh. Many medications already induce odd cravings for dirt, chaulk, and soap. With an enlaged medula omblangota the subject would act much like a natural predator in the wild. Such as an alligator does. A craving for flesh would cause the zombie to simply attack anything that smelled like flesh.

The final zombie like attribute is spreading through a bite. The chemical causing zombie like symptoms would simply transfer through the saliva into the victims bloodstream and attack the brain. The major difference between hollywood and my theory being it would take days or weeks to develop. In wich case this virus, or chemical would be transmitable in the same manners as HIV. Since you wouldn't know you were a zombie until your brain swelled enough to trigger the reaction.

#13967 - 11/06/08 05:25 AM Re: When Zombies Attack [Re: Butterz]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Seriously, isn't the human race depressing enough as it is without us needing to invent possible b-horror fantasies and then think about tactics to survive such scenarios and maybe also consider what counter-tactics they could develop and how we adapt to those again.
Hell, what if the swelling of their brain makes them smart too, you know; big brains: lotsa neural space, and they start learning how to use weapons and tanks and helicopters, maybe nuke us all because every decent zombie microwaves his food nowadays.

Seriously, does this really look like the place where people wanna invest time to debate such potential scenarios? What's next: vampires and werewolves?

That being said, I think I wasted enough time on it.

D.

Edited by Diavolo (11/06/08 05:26 AM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 17 queries. Zlib compression disabled.