Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#14047 - 11/07/08 09:19 PM Wondering where I stand?
FlowerPower81 Offline
stranger

Loc: VA
I am still learning of the Satanic Perspective ... as that is what it is to me. Though I cant even conceive the idea of any entity, I do lean more so towards the Left Hand Path.
Being raised by a christian father and a baptist Mother ... Neither really being strong with their religion, only claiming it out of respect I suppose. Knowing their own hypocritical doings and trying to teach me by sending me to church. At the age of 9, I asked if I had to keep going every Sunday because they didn't feed me. I always came home starving. My mom asked me if I knew write from wrong and If I believed in God. I said yeah to both. Uncertain If i even did believe to begin with.
At the age of 13 I started looking in the library for anything to do with witches and warlocks. I looked into Wiccan and Pagan books. Then I started to consider myself a Wiccan because of the herbs, stones and astrology I studied. Having a Tarot deck given to me at the age of 18, I have had sense. I have considered myself to be a Wiccan.
I am now 27 and use to be intimidated by the satanic view, I recently looked into it. Being called a Satan worshiper because of the wiccan view I held. Only to find it was so out of whack from the non-believers.
Its just the fact that out of curiosity I have come across this perspective ... and in which I enjoy the views of the sins and rules. Therefor I am still uncertain where I stand with these views. I have studied Buddhist philosophy only last few years, and now this.
I am just wondering where others may see me in this perspective.

#14049 - 11/07/08 10:07 PM Re: Wondering where I stand? [Re: FlowerPower81]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
A really good place to start would be by reading The Satanic Bible. Once you have read that, check out the Essays in the 'theory and practice' section of the Church of Satan website. After that, read some more.
You should know if you are in the right place or not a short ways into reading the Satanic Bible, however..

It will either feel like a fit or it won't. Satanism certainly isn't for everybody.

#14056 - 11/08/08 08:50 AM Re: Wondering where I stand? [Re: FlowerPower81]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
First you need to liberate your mind and embrace the sovereignty of the individual. You must also understand power, where it come from, how it is used, and how to harness your own. Here are a few books that will help you on your journey:

Books of the Left Hand Path

#14199 - 11/11/08 10:59 AM Re: Wondering where I stand? [Re: Fist]
athegiscj Offline
stranger

Loc: Atlanta, Ga
Agreed with Dan, if you would really like to find out if you have come to the right place looking for answers, a good way to start would be to visit the CoS website, as well as my best advice for you, which would be to pick up a copy of TSB. after reading that, if you decide to read all the way through it, you will know if you have found your true religion. But; as Dan also stated, this religion is NOT for everyone. Good luck on your search and if you do have any questions i am always here to help.

#14237 - 11/11/08 08:01 PM Re: Wondering where I stand? [Re: athegiscj]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
 Quote:
after reading that, if you decide to read all the way through it, you will know if you have found your true religion.

That's rich. So that's all it takes to be a Satanist now? Merely deciding to read all the way through one simple book? If I fancy myself a NASCAR crew chief, all I have to do is read the manual on a Ford Fusion. Or decide to read Dale Earnhardt's autobiography all the way through. Sweet, I'll grab my helmet.

Quote:
Good luck on your search and if you do have any questions i am always here to help.

Right. Because you've been a member here for 24 hours and have 11 posts under your belt. In your introduction you state you are new to the religion and still learning and feeling it. You admitted you were "dumbfounded" by the spells section in TSB. You admit you are "anywhere near ready to call yourself a Satanist". Don't pretend to know how to swim in the deep end while only knowing how to tread water in the shallow. A lot more reading and a lot less moving of the fingers here will benefit you.

#14240 - 11/11/08 09:19 PM Re: Wondering where I stand? [Re: fakepropht]
Jake999 Offline

"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king," but this is truly the blind leading the blind. Athagiscj, pretty well demonstrated what Satanism ISN'T and he's willing to lead someone who's just as lost as he is to some kind of Satanic epiphany.

It's understandable, given that he's admittedly coming from a background that says, "It's in the book." But real life ISN'T all "in the book," and Satanism, damned sure isn't. Deciding that you're an instant expert in a philosophy or a religion after reading one book... and being dumfounded by critical parts of it... is akin to being someone's lab partner in high school with a D+ average and deciding that you know how to make nitro glycerine.

Well... you saw the book the formula was in once. It couldn't be too hard. Grab those chemicals and the centrifuge...

#15466 - 12/04/08 05:29 AM Re: Wondering where I stand? [Re: Jake999]
spiderbreeder Offline

Loc: Sydney,Australia
Its about being inherently Satanic all your life,feeling in your bones that you are "different" and then finding out one joyous day that there is a name for what you are, and what you are is a Satanist! It's not about finding a random coat and trying it on to see if it fits,and on finding out it doesn't[eg: Dumbfounded?]then doing your darndest to make it fit - it's either tailor made for you or it isnt.

#15814 - 12/09/08 01:25 AM Re: Wondering where I stand? [Re: spiderbreeder]
Sinner Offline
lurker

Loc: Tucson, AZ
I agree with you, I was raised christian and was around Christians all my life all i saw where hypocritical people and individuals who were judgmental and anything but accepting. The teachers at my christian high school were the opposite of what i wanted to be. I just wanted to take care of me and do what I wanted to do. It wasn't long before I picked up the Satanic Bible and felt an immediate connection to it and it's teachings
#15846 - 12/09/08 07:24 PM Re: Wondering where I stand? [Re: Sinner]
Phaethon Offline
pledge

As alluded to, just reading the Satanic Bible isn't the only thing you should do. It is just the basics. If that was all it took to be a satanist, then there wouldn't be many satanists with strong ideas if they all had to agree with TSB. But you deem like you are good with research. Keep looking for things related to the left hand path, look for a copy of "Satan Speaks" and try to maintain active yet intelligent discussion on the forums here. Satanism should resonate with you are first for some reason. We are a lot of things (not trying to generalize or speak for satanists), but we tend not to be overly nice and fluffy. Ask yourself if you are the kind of person who is willing to destroy their enemies, or do your emotions hold you back, letting those who have wronged you trample all over you.

#15851 - 12/09/08 10:47 PM Re: Wondering where I stand? [Re: Sinner]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

"I was raised christian and was around Christians all my life all i saw where hypocritical people and individuals who were judgmental and anything but accepting."

You should understand that this is a trait that is not limited to Christians. Most Satanists are judgemental and anything but accepting. To be sure, you will also find Satanists who are hypocritical.

Respect and acceptance are things that must be earned, especially when dealing with Satanists. You will find more Christians than Satanists who are willing to accept you at face value.

Most Christians believe in "loving your fellow man". This command is to be followed without reservation. There is no "unless" thrown in there. Satanism promotes "kindness towards those who deserve it rather than love wasted on ingrates.

#15946 - 12/11/08 06:28 AM Re: Wondering where I stand? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Fallon Offline
stranger

Loc: UK, Swindon
I was jsut typing out a CV and in one of the sections it said "Interests & Activities".

So i put down that i was a satanist and my teacher raged, i explained whatt it was.

and she said it was not appropriate

#15948 - 12/11/08 07:23 AM Re: Wondering where I stand? [Re: Fallon]
Fabiano Offline

Quote:
I was jsut typing out a CV and in one of the sections it said "Interests & Activities".

So i put down that i was a satanist

ROTFL \:D That's really silly !

Your teacher look less stupid than you. It's indeed inappropriate to mention political, philosophical or religious opinion in a CV.

#15950 - 12/11/08 08:19 AM Re: Wondering where I stand? [Re: Fabiano]
Fallon Offline
stranger

Loc: UK, Swindon
hmmm... guess your right, good it wasn't a real CV, then i would of been fucked!

lol that was a sick burn

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 26 queries. Zlib compression disabled.