Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#14314 - 11/12/08 09:02 PM Something I found that might interest people...
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK

This made me feel a hell of a lot better, and made me appreciate life more. I hope it does the same for others. \:\)

#14320 - 11/12/08 09:44 PM Re: Something I found that might interest people.. [Re: DistroyA]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
Ok I made it to 3:38 seconds and shut it off... My girl said it perfectly, it's ok to feel like a loser...

NO IT'S NOT...

Whatever floats your boat man... Personally I'm not so into overall feel good, fuzzy, warm inside crap... But it does give me an idea for a different video...

~T~

#14326 - 11/12/08 10:35 PM Re: Something I found that might interest people.. [Re: ta2zz]
Jake999 Offline

In a way it reminded me of DETERIORATA, a sort of off beat musical/talk comedy record done by the National Lampoon group back in the1972... It was a parody
of the written prose "Desiderata" by Max Ehrmann. This was written by Christopher Guest of "Spinal Tap" fame. The narator is Norman Rose, and the female singer
was an unknown singer at the time named Melissa Manchester. If you haven't heard it and would like to, email me and I'll forward you an MP3. A lot of the references might be unfamiliar to the younger members... Here are some of the lyrics:

Go placidly amid the noise and waste,
And remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Avoid quiet and passive persons, unless you are in need of sleep.
Rotate your tires.
Speak glowingly of those greater than yourself,
And heed well their advice, even though they be turkeys.
Know what to kiss, and when.
Consider that two wrongs never make a right, but that three do.
Wherever possible, put people on hold.
Be comforted that in the face of all aridity and disillusionment,
and despite the changing fortunes of time,
There is always a big future in computer maintenance.

You are a fluke of the universe.
You have no right to be here.
And whether you can hear it or not,
The universe is laughing behind your back.

#14503 - 11/15/08 09:22 PM Re: Something I found that might interest people.. [Re: Jake999]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Ha! Baz Luhrman. I haven't heard this in a long time. It does offer some good advice. It may be cheesy, but I kind of like it. I don't remember the part with the chick singing though.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.014 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 17 queries. Zlib compression disabled.