Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#14642 - 11/18/08 11:31 AM Posting videos
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
There is some confusion over how to post videos and pictures. You have to change the markup from using UBBCode to using HTML. There is a little drop down menu underneath the text box. You have to be in full reply and not quick reply. I'm sure everyone knows how to copy paste from youtube and other picture and video hosting sites. That's it.

#14645 - 11/18/08 12:02 PM Re: Posting videos [Re: fakepropht]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Users other than mods or admins don't have that option fake.

I just copy/paste the source code for "embed" in the reply but we don't see the result in the preview reply, only in the submitted one.

D.

#14647 - 11/18/08 12:13 PM Re: Posting videos [Re: Diavolo]
Big Slick

Ah, I was not aware of that. Thank you. That would explain the confusion from members.

#15069 - 11/28/08 09:22 PM Re: Posting videos [Re: Diavolo]
Madguten Offline
stranger

Loc: Denmark
 Quote:
I just copy/paste the source code for "embed" in the reply but we don't see the result in the preview reply, only in the submitted one.

Oh, so that means that it will show as a video in the post even though it is still in code form when you press "preview"?

I was going mad trying to figure out how to get it to work here. I had not tried just posting a code because i did not want to create a trash post in case it did not work. That is also why i am double checking by asking the question above. ;-)

#15076 - 11/29/08 12:06 AM For Mercury Templar [Re: Madguten]
Big Slick

No, it should give you the video display. I may be wrong, since I have more options than users, but there should be a drop down box titled Markup. You have to change it to "using HTML". If you don't have that menu, then I don't think you will be able to post video. Though I see others that are not moderators that are able to post videos. So that option should be there.

#15109 - 11/29/08 03:13 PM Re: Posting videos [Re: Madguten]
Disabuse Offline

Use the embed options from where ever you are getting the video from. Use submit to submit the video. If it doesn't post the video, you can always edit your post for the next 30 minutes. If you can't get it to work, leave the link in the post and I am sure one of the mods or admins will be glad to edit the post for you so the video shows.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.018 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.