Page 2 of 6 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#15261 - 12/01/08 01:38 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Diavolo]
Stefanie Offline
stranger

Loc: Chicago,IL
ok um again i dont want people to get confussed im not using this as an rebellion i was just saying my parents dont approve of it and want me to start being christian and im not just using it as a label either
#15263 - 12/01/08 01:41 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Stefanie]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Why care whether or not your parents approve it? As far as wanting you to start being christian; well that is as stupid as wanting someone to start being a satanist. You can't be something you are not. Trying to do so will only drive you crazy.

#15265 - 12/01/08 01:47 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Stefanie Offline
stranger

it does drive me crazy i told them that there is freedom of religion and thats what im doing. believing in something that i want to. they dont get that it doesnt count if your forced. they think that it will make them better parents if they send their kids to church when really its not doing anything but wasting my time. I wont let them force me to be anything.
#15267 - 12/01/08 02:06 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Stefanie]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

It's their idea that kids should go to church. They might have the best intentions but the wrong convictions. Now, since they do pay the bills, you will run out of options fast. You can argue and fight but it will probably lead nowhere.

You can try to convince them and give them good reasons why you prefer to not go but I don't know if they are willing to accept.

Or you could just go and don't make a big fuzz about it. It's like what, an hour a week? Too many satanists waste precious time fulminating at those damn christians but tell me, are they of such an importance that they are granted so much of our time? If the large part of your energy is invested in being an anti-christian, you won't have much time investing it in being a satanist. If you can't get over christianity, you ain't ready for Satanism.

I don't think any satanist has started melting when going to church and being there doesn't make anyone vulnerable for god or stain his soul. Use the time to think about things, compose poetry, watch people and their behavior. Sing funny songs in your head.

Sure it might be hypocritical but when being a hypocrite pays off better, be a hypocrite.

D.

#15270 - 12/01/08 02:56 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Diavolo]
Chelsea_Grin Offline
pledge

Loc: Atlanta, GA
There are alot of good things already being said here, and much of what I think is already covered. The first thing I thought when I read this was, "If people can label themselves at a point in their life (such as Christian, etc.) then why is being a Satanist at 17 any different?"

My 10 year old sister is a die-hard Christian, but then again, she's only 10. She's not yet had souring life experiences that squash the false sense of comfort some people draw from Christianity or other God/faith/spiritual based religions. And then again, my parents are in their 40's and consider themselves Christians because they were saved and whatnot, and they think that every good thing that has ever happened to them is because they prayed for it, or God thought they deserved it. When things are low, they use the excuse of "It's in God's plans."

If people can live and grow up religious, and remain religious for the rest of their lives, why not be able to call yourself a Satanist if that's what you recognize yourself as, no matter what point in life you realize it?

If you establish a sense of who you are early on, it shouldn't make others think "oh she's too young to know she's Satanic." The next step you should take is to start building yourself and molding yourself further into adulthood and maturity on the Satanic foundation you've established. I think it's going to be much easier to establish your morals and outlook on life if you've already recognized yourself to be a part of something, in this case, Satanism.

There are definitely people out there who use Satanism or other labels as a crutch, to receive a sense of acceptance from a group, and to feel you're a part of something. If that's the case, then you're probably not here for the right reasons. But like in Dan's case, if you identify you have a "black flame" in you at an early age, then roll with it. If you recognize that in yourself, you have no business sitting in a Church of God...that only makes you look like a poser. Satanism might not be the path you ultimately follow, but at least you won't end up being a hypocritical Christian.

#15271 - 12/01/08 03:18 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Chelsea_Grin]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Seriously, all this church of god and anti-whatever is getting tiring. At what point did a satanist become a goodguy badge wearer?
Where does that whole concept come from that we have to be honest, open, black lone rangers following a code of honor. Hi Ho Satan.

A satanist is an egocentric asshole; a user. What is the fucking use of getting on the barricades and protesting if the reward is not worth the effort? Do we feel good about ourselves, are we more true? Fuck true, fuck good. Whenever it suits me, I am nice to people even when I couldn't care if they'd drop dead or not. I at times verbally destroy some because I can't have them breathing in my face, even when they were friendly and did nothing wrong. I eliminated friendships because friends become needy. If I want something needy, I get a dog.
If the pay-off is right, I might pretend to be a believer or a non-believer or a whatever. Hypocrisy is something to embrace because if you're a user, the end justifies the means.

If you're a kid, you might not realize this. Be a user, play your parents, pretend and be a hypocrite. So much tears about going to church while it means nothing at all. You probably waste more hours doing nothing of relevance a week, so why not play the game and use those hours to do something relevant to you.

On labeling; If I'd call myself a doctor at 17, would there be a difference between me and a doctor at 40?
Sure you'd say, experience at the very least. See, that's the point.

D.

#15299 - 12/01/08 09:00 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Diavolo]
Phaethon Offline
pledge

As a fellow teenage satanist, I do think that religion is important. Yet I don't think that finding a religion should be a kid/teens number one priority. Religion (whichever one is right for them) will be apparent to them when they encounter it. As it was said before, Satanists are born, not made. According to the following quote (which should sound familiar) a true religion is already the most important thing in your life.

Religion is the most important thing in a person's life. If electric trains are the most pervasive thing in one's life, that is his religion. Anything can be a religion if it means a lot. If your present religion isn't the most important thing in your life, then skip it. Find whatever impels you most and make that your religion.

#15300 - 12/01/08 09:06 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Diavolo]
Phaethon Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Diavolo

A satanist is an egocentric asshole; a user. What is the fucking use of getting on the barricades and protesting if the reward is not worth the effort? Do we feel good about ourselves, are we more true? Fuck true, fuck good. Whenever it suits me, I am nice to people even when I couldn't care if they'd drop dead or not. I at times verbally destroy some because I can't have them breathing in my face, even when they were friendly and did nothing wrong. I eliminated friendships because friends become needy. If I want something needy, I get a dog.
If the pay-off is right, I might pretend to be a believer or a non-believer or a whatever. Hypocrisy is something to embrace because if you're a user, the end justifies the means.

If you're a kid, you might not realize this. Be a user, play your parents, pretend and be a hypocrite. So much tears about going to church while it means nothing at all. You probably waste more hours doing nothing of relevance a week, so why not play the game and use those hours to do something relevant to you.

I believe that little rant right there earned you my respect for some good time to come.
A pretty much "whatever works" idea suits you?
You never see ideas like that on christ chat.

#15309 - 12/02/08 03:27 AM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Chelsea_Grin]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
 Quote:
If people can label themselves at a point in their life (such as Christian, etc.) then why is being a Satanist at 17 any different

I honestly don't think age is the issue here, it is the potential for the lack of understanding oneself at such a an age.
Honestly what 17 year old who lives with their parents has grasped a understanding about life and had the experience in dealing with the true issues of life?

Quote:
If you recognize that in yourself, you have no business sitting in a Church of God...that only makes you look like a poser. Satanism might not be the path you ultimately follow, but at least you won't end up being a hypocritical Christian.

Who are you to decide that someone has no business doing something? I have been attended catholic services several times out of respect for my grandfather. There is nothing unsatanic about attending a service of a different religion, isn't it considered smart to oberve and have an understanding of something you dislike? I took the time to gain more knowledge of their religion, so that way when I speak of why I dislike something of that particular religion I atleast can speak from experience. Poser? So because someone does something to either gain knowledge or because their parents impose such a rule upon them it makes them a poser? I think you views are misguided.

#15321 - 12/02/08 11:37 AM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Ringmaster]
Chelsea_Grin Offline
pledge

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Actually, you're right.
Looking back, that was a mistake.
And hypocritical on MY part.
I used to (begrudgingly) go to church with my parents, but it was because I wanted to compare, contrast, and learn. It was like an observation class for me.
So ringmaster, thanks for setting that straight, and my apologies for speaking out in the heat of the moment!

#15327 - 12/02/08 01:41 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Ringmaster]
Stefanie Offline
stranger

Quote:
I honestly don't think age is the issue here, it is the potential for the lack of understanding oneself at such a an age.
Honestly what 17 year old who lives with their parents has grasped a understanding about life and had the experience in dealing with the true issues of life?

i dont like how people say that just because im 17 that i havent had any life experience when really ive had plenty. I dont usually tell people about it because they werent good experiences. I have had good ones. I know i will have more that might change who i am or might just add to the list of bad shit that happens.

Edited by Stefanie (12/02/08 01:42 PM)

#15343 - 12/02/08 05:21 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Stefanie]
Phaethon Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Stefanie

i dont like how people say that just because im 17 that i havent had any life experience when really ive had plenty. I dont usually tell people about it because they werent good experiences. I have had good ones. I know i will have more that might change who i am or might just add to the list of bad shit that happens.

That's a very true point (in my eyes at least) that many people don't consider. People grow and learn via experiences, not just time. Time only provides an opportunity for people to have such experiences.
Though it looks like ringmaster also understood that by saying "potential for the lack of understanding."

#15344 - 12/02/08 05:54 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Phaethon]
Octavius Offline

Loc: Left the party
Kids, learn how to use punctuation, basic grammar, and how to spell. Until then, you will not be taken seriously. If you don't like that, LEAVE. Be assured that if you can't comport yourself properly, you're not welcome.

#15350 - 12/02/08 06:14 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Stefanie]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
I don't think that you have had no life experience. I stated that there is a potential. Granted I truely know nothing about you, but I am making an assumption based of what I have seen from other individuals.

#15351 - 12/02/08 06:15 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Octavius]
coelentrate Offline

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
My take on the original question:

Keep an eye out for how things work: social interactions and self dicipline. People like LaVey did. Maybe you'll see you're a satanist already.

Page 2 of 6 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.