Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#15381 - 12/03/08 03:46 AM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: coelentrate]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Jesus christ, stop the fucking whinefest!!!!!

You live at home, lie to your parents to shut them up.
Go to church, study in school, get a job.
Then At 18.......
Move the fuck out and do what you want.

Shit, its a fucking hour, maybe a hour and a half if they serve cake and coffee afterwards.

Study about religions/philosophy/ math homework.
Expanding your mind doesn't mean you have to throw the knowledge in their face.

Do what you want, make a decison, and accept responsibility for it.

Your 18 in less than a year, its time to grow up.

Morgan

Someone lock this fucking thread!!!!!

#15395 - 12/03/08 10:24 AM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Morgan]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
When I was 17 my life's ambition was to be a killer. I joined the military with the intention of being trained in combat and moving my way into role with Special Forces or a specialized killing job. Upon completion of military service, I was then going to either join the Mafia or become a mercenary. I have no idea how I was going to join the Mafia, since I didn't know one person from the organization, let alone anyone from NY or NJ. Within 6 months of military service, I realized how retarded my ambition was and refocused my energy on just being the best Army soldier I could. I had also said I would never get married and would skate for the rest of my life. Well I have been married for 20 years now, have two boys who are a pain in my ass, and haven't ridden a skateboard in 15 years. Perspectives change. With age not only comes experience, but wisdom. What seems right now, will not in 5 years. Deep down, there is the essence that is you. Everything else is just bumper stickers, paint, and window dressing. Find your essence, and go with it.

Funny thing, today most of my friends are from NY and include 2 shady characters that "know some people" and "did some things". When I told one of them that I had recently lost my job, he offered to help. I politely refused his offer. Somehow I don't want to owe a favor to a guy named Sal "three fingers".

#15408 - 12/03/08 02:00 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: fakepropht]
Stefanie Offline
stranger

Loc: Chicago,IL
sorry i posted anything i see now that when i ask a simple question people treat it like as if it was murder sorry i wont ask anything again. and i do have a job so thanks for saying that i didnt

Edited by Stefanie (12/03/08 02:03 PM)

#15410 - 12/03/08 02:07 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Stefanie]
Chelsea_Grin Offline
pledge

Loc: Atlanta, GA
No one said anything to that effect. And most of the stuff posted in here was not directed towards you. Everyone did a great job answering your question, and most of which was done unharshly. I'm 17 too, and I took this as constructive criticism/just people's opinions. People aren't cotton candy and fluff in here. If you ask something, expect most of what you hear back to be harsh in some way.
#15426 - 12/03/08 05:25 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Stefanie]
Big Slick

I didn't imply that you didn't have a job. That matters little in this conversation. You asked for opinions, and you received them. That's why this is a public forum. We are not a community of like minded glad handers. If you don't like the responses you get, you can either move to a different forum or accept the responses, learn from them, grow from them, and use them to your advantages.

That being said, I don't think I properly expressed myself in my response. I have NEVER met a person under the age of 20 that called themselves a satanist that really understood it. They have all been in it for the wrong reasons. To piss off their parents. Because 3 of their friends thought it was cool and they wanted to be like their friends. Because some band said they were. Because they found some really neato myspace that claimed to be satanic. If they even own a copy of TSB, they have only given it a quick read through. Usually stopping when it got too involved. They haven't explored other writings or ideas. They act rude and dress like monsters, flash the sign of devil, cover themselves in baphomets and upside down crosses, and when anyone questions them about looking stupid, they spout off crap about being evil and satan. Usually the first few sites they sign up at are real bad examples of Satanism. But they are attracted to them since they have all the symbols and mindless rhetoric they identify with. So any time I meet a young satanist, I am automatically skeptical. My suggestion to young satanists is to do some learning from us old dinosaurs. I have worn the label for 20 years. Jake, longer than me. In fact, a good portion of this site is made up of users that could be considered "veterans". It would do a young whippersnapper some good to read what these users post. Query them via pm, if they are willing to answer you. 90% of young persons calling themselves satanist wash out and move on to something else. We hate wasting our time guiding them when in a year our efforts were wasted and now they are emos, juggalos, rastafarians, or president of the Jonas Brothers fan club.

#15430 - 12/03/08 05:36 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: fakepropht]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Quote:
Query them via pm, if they are willing to answer you.

I'm not a dinosaur and I do know NOTHING about Satanism. I'm actually in the servive of the Pope to confuse things up here. So if any of you youngsters out there has the brainfart to query me through PM, I'll track down your home adress and shove pointy things up yer ass.

Thanks fake. <---- query him, a LOT.

D.

#15447 - 12/03/08 11:18 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Diavolo]
Jake999 Offline

Quote:
So if any of you youngsters out there has the brainfart to query me through PM, I'll track down your home adress and shove pointy things up yer ass.

D.

BONUS!!! You would have to pay extra anywhere else for that kind of service!!!

But on to the question at hand. From your petulent response to the comments and suggestions of others, you've pretty much answered your own question. YOU as a teen are not ready for Satanism. Satanism takes much, much more than simply wanting to be. It's not "cool." It's no t a club. It's a philosophical life choice with elements of religious and dogmatic influences.

I'm probably old enough to be your grandfather, and I'm here to tell you, it isn't about age. Do you think that just because I'm almost 60, people give me a pass and think that I've got some kind of inalienable right to my beliefs? That's a fairy tale. Freedom of Religion in America or anywhere else is what you are willing to defend, sometimes with words, and sometimes with your life, and sometimes just with the dignity and personal fortitude to know that others have their opinions, and will at the drop of a hat express them vociferously. You can fold or have the faith of your own convictions to stand in the face of adversity and know your shit enough to answer their challenges in an adult an knowledgable way.

Yes, I know you aren't an adult. But if you think you're adult enough to make a life choice, you have to accept that mantel and all that goes with it. In real life, you can't sit on the sofa and sulk when what people say isn't what you want to hear.

#15455 - 12/04/08 12:03 AM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Diavolo]
Big Slick

Oops, I may regret making that statement. Won't be the first time. Thanks D for bringing that to my attention. I can hardly wait.

#15484 - 12/04/08 02:25 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: fakepropht]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
That being said, I don't think I properly expressed myself in my response. I have NEVER met a person under the age of 20 that called themselves a satanist that really understood it.

"Coughs".. also thank you very much.
However you may have a point there, you have the right to say me or another person from under the age of 20 may not have a good understanding of Satanism for the right reasons or even understood it. I can say I do, You can say I don't. Depends on the different perspectives I guess.

#15487 - 12/04/08 04:46 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Dimitri]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I think at pre-20 you don't have a good understanding of anything, including yourself. There might be exceptions and I'm pretty convinced every teen and post-teen thinks he's that exception but in general, I think the reasons why we believe or understand at a young age are completely different from the reasons we believe when older, or wiser or whatever you'd like to call it.

My understanding of Satanism is a constant process, a darwinist struggle and how I think about certain aspects today, is totally different from how I did think about it 10, 5 or even a year ago.

It involves much more than just reading the SB and thinking; that's me alright. I think you should look at the SB as something like programming for dummies. You learn the basics but it's nothing but a start position. The real work starts from that point and with it comes your understanding or departure from Satanism.

Most teens I've witnessed in the past decade have a very basic understanding of Satanism and them being a satanist is based upon that understanding. 95% of them drop out of Satanism when they get into their 20ies, if they don't drop out before. They all did think they were bred satanists but then they grew up.

D.

#15532 - 12/05/08 01:03 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Diavolo]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
I think at pre-20 you don't have a good understanding of anything, including yourself.
Following pure logic I can apply the same thing towards "older people". Only they like to call it "life experience". I'm not saying they are all like that. But it can be applied to a big part of the society.

I encountered many weird situations. When "older people" made a mistake in their thinking and I simply showed (with logic) their words didn't make sense, the sentence "How would you know? You just came watching on earth, you don't have any life experience, I know best and you better listen to me!"
I mean.. to hell with it. Saying to me people are more intelligent of have a better understanding of a certain philosophy because they have more "life-experience" equals to me as "I'm a fucking retard hiding my incompetence behind my age".
Altough I will not say there are many people who understand certain philosophies at young age. On the contrary there are few for the wrong reasons. But I want to point out that age isn't a big factor of having a better understanding about life. I can provide evidences of people who are older than me and probably equally/older than the most members here who claim to have a better understanding but simply talk bullshit.

#15533 - 12/05/08 01:06 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Dimitri]
Loki Offline
lurker

Loc: SWEDEN
With full respect of you people. but you don`t know me? , i think it`s a pitty that you judge people only by their age.

#15538 - 12/05/08 02:01 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Loki]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
We not only judge people by their age, but also by their posts. Sadly, your posts AND your age aren't doing you any credit here. Download a free spell checker for IE called ieSpell. Just because English isn't your first language doesn't mean you get a free ticket to ride on our forbearance.

#15541 - 12/05/08 02:07 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Dimitri]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

You forgot to add to the part you quoted:
 Quote:
There might be exceptions and I'm pretty convinced every teen and post-teen thinks he's that exception

So what are we debating about?

That you have a fenomenal grasp of Satanism at your age? That another youngster on this board displays it? Please feel free to tell me which puppy on this board is that elite one. I surely must have missed it.
If there is one, he's probably the exception but I'll stick a feather up my ass and imitate a chicken on youtube if you can give me 5 fenomenal names.

Weird that you people argue what this board provides evidence for on a daily base.

Oh and Loki, goddamn stop crying I judge you when you judge people based upon your preferences.

D.

#15543 - 12/05/08 02:47 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Diavolo]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Hmmm, you better read my first post again.
Only point I'm making is that it is easy to say you have a better understanding of life or other things just by your age. But into my eyes it is just talking bullshit. I know enough people where you can easily say they didn't became wiser with their age.

I'm not saying I have a full understanding I'll quote myself from my first response:
 Quote:
However you may have a point there, you have the right to say me or another person from under the age of 20 may not have a good understanding of satanism for the right reasons or even understood it. I can say I do, You can say I don't. Depends on the different perspectives I guess.

Edited by Dimitri (12/05/08 02:47 PM)

Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.