Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#15614 - 12/06/08 11:16 AM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Phaethon]
Anthony West Offline
stranger

Loc: Germany
 Quote:
bitch slap those who are stuck in their faltering ideologies.

Someone get this guy a drink, cigarette, or something. I think he deserves it for saying something as bluntly as he did. Atta boy!

Anyways, I'm in agreement with his comment about recognizing that youngsters have a lot of space to grow and a lot to experience.

I'm only 17 and would like to know what there is that the older generation would like us to know about Satanism and life. In fact, I'll go start a thread for it.

Edited by Anthony West (12/06/08 11:20 AM)
Edit Reason: typo

#15621 - 12/06/08 03:10 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Anthony West]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Quote:
One thing that I HAVE learned about life, is never speak for others. Satanism, like any religion or philosophy, is viewed differently by different people. I promise you that Satanism is different and plays different roles in various people's lives.

I don't know where you guys get the idea but I ain't the satanic spokesman of my generation. I always speak for myself and my Satanism. It might touch with some, crash with others but it doesn't hinder me from speaking my mind.
So what you see is my opinion on things. And sorry but my Satanism isn't all-loving and non-discriminating. It isn't a happy family philosophy.

What puzzles me most is all the fuzz because you are not considered full by some. So you pick up one of the labels with a reputation slightly better than fascism or pedophelia and the thing that bothers you most is your credibility in the eyes of others? Is being accepted and embraced seriously worth that much? You want that for free, without doing some effort for it?
God loves people for nothing, Satan needs a reason.

D.

#15677 - 12/07/08 10:04 AM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Diavolo]
Anthony West Offline
stranger

Quote:
What puzzles me most is all the fuzz because you are not considered full by some. So you pick up one of the labels with a reputation slightly better than fascism or pedophelia and the thing that bothers you most is your credibility in the eyes of others? Is being accepted and embraced seriously worth that much? You want that for free, without doing some effort for it?
God loves people for nothing, Satan needs a reason.

I don't quite understand what you are asking and saying.

Mind rewording it?

#15701 - 12/07/08 02:00 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Anthony West]
Picunnus Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I THINK what was intended was all the "fuss" - not "fuzz".

The rest should fall into place when this word is changed.

#15702 - 12/07/08 02:25 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Picunnus]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Thanks for pointing out my involuntary eubonics, not that I think it made much difference in understanding the rest.

Anyways, what I am implying is that this whole 'accept me as full even when I'm a teen-satanist' is a bit silly.
First of all, I don't need to accept anyone and even if I do, I do it on my terms. Expect the same of others.
Second, what is so deserving of respect in simply claiming a label?
To do so is to either assume we are a happy family - the faster you get that idea out of your head the better- or to think there should be some relativist approach towards things. Your signature seems to indicate that. Forget that idea too.

Fact is; this is a satanic forum and none deserves respect here for no reason. Respect is earned and if you didn't earn it yet work at it or ponder about the possibility that what you say doesn't resonate with others because what you are and what others are is too different. Consider the possibility you might indeed be ignorant at some levels.
If you are not considered as full by some, tough luck, such is life. It should not turn you into a trembling wreck. You either learn to live with it and maybe work at it, or you ignore it and carry on.

This place isn't easy, people might be hard, I'm sure not going to add 'but have the best intentions' to it because you can't even be sure of that but if there is one thing good at this site, it's that a lot are goddamn honest. So if you're a puppy, consider that a real big benefit. It might get you somewhere.

D.

#15717 - 12/07/08 05:02 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Diavolo]
Anthony West Offline
stranger

Alright, I looked over what you said and I think I get the basics of it.

You're right on the whole respect thing, and, in response, I've changed my signature to fit what I believe instead of "demand."

I see what you are saying, I may not agree with all of it, but I do understand where you're coming from.

Anyways, teen Satanists.

What do ya'll think?

I personally think that it's a rough decision to be made so early in one's life (to become a Satanist), but it is a decision that is a good one.

#15721 - 12/07/08 06:03 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Anthony West]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Mate, I'm going to give you some good advice here, you do with it what you want.

Satanism is cold and hard and essentially you are on your own in it. Most people prey on weakness and at this moment you display it that much that sooner or later the gates of hell will open for you. To me there isn't even fun to it, it's too easy.

Reconsider what you know about Satanism and reconsider your position in it. If peace, harmony and enlightenment are your thing, go check out paganism. Of course there is also a lot of crap in it but there are parts that might be more in tune with you than the demon inside Satanism.

I don't tell you what to do but believe me, if this is what you really are, your ride through Satanism will inevitable end at one point and it sure won't be enjoyable.

D.

#15757 - 12/08/08 01:01 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Diavolo]
Anthony West Offline
stranger

Of course it won't be enjoyable at one point, but it will be until that point is reached. With you and others consistently bashing me when I turn every corner is constructive, and I enjoy it considerably. (Not to sound mentally ill or anything.)

Anyways, I'll take your advice into consideration before speaking, but I'll most likely just spit it back out.

-Anth

#15777 - 12/08/08 05:30 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Stefanie]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
 Quote:
i dont like how people say that just because im 17 that i havent had any life experience when really ive had plenty.

As I have just written in another thread, at 17 even with a new experience everyday, you have only experienced being a child. You are yet to experience being an Adult. Wait until you have actually been an Adult, or better yet, been an Adult for as long as you have been a child for.

Then and only then, are you actually able to say that your life experience is that of an adult. At 17 it is ONLY THE EXPERIENCES OF A CHILD. No matter how difficult that was, it was a difficult childhood, you didn't magickally become an adult, this is not the movies.

Zeph

#15811 - 12/09/08 12:35 AM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
I think you ALL are getting a little self rightous with the age factor.

"edited out"

So I am sick and tired about people bitching that as a teen you have no real life experience.

Its not an age thing, its an intelligence thing.

Gtanted some people are stupid motherfuckers, but thats something across the fucking board not limited to an age.

We used to have a 13 year old moderator here years ago.

Its time to cut the age shit off.
Grow up!!

Morgan

Edited by Morgan (12/09/08 12:44 AM)
Edit Reason: You all dont need to know my past experiences.....

#15819 - 12/09/08 05:34 AM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Morgan]
Reece Offline
lurker

Loc: New Haven, IN
as far as teens or children being satanists goes, i think its great, BUT the sad part is many of them only to it to be a rebel, and its usually rebel Satanism, but when a teen gets into one of the "truer" sects such as traditional, modern, laveyan, you no stuff thats NOT about "evil n darkness in a lake of fire" then its a good thing. in my experience with fellow satanists, i have yet to find one who doenst have character, i belive any sect of Satanism does help you better yourself as a person, and gives you sort of a better viriety of ideas on just about any aspect of your life, i just became a traditional satanist about 3 months ago and i gotta say so far things in my teenage life are going much better than when i was an angry Atheist, although i got into it with the help and support of my friends who kind of introduced it, it was the only religion that made sense you know? anyways i think teens/children into NON rebel Satanism is a great thing for themselves and humanity

#15822 - 12/09/08 07:11 AM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Reece]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Reece, do us a favor and capitalize your "i"s and the beginnings of your sentences. This is not your usual forum and we pride ourselves on members being mature and intelligent. At 15, you sound like you have the intelligence, but please put your English grammar skills to good use here. Your spelling is great, and brownie points to you for that!

If you don't capitalize your "i" when speaking of yourself, what does that tell others about how much you value yourself? Are we not our own Gods, makers of our destinies and who answer to no one? Besides a judge of course, but most of us are smarter than that or have learned our lessons ;\)

Some of us, more so than others, can be extremely anal when it comes to things like that.

Cheers,
Nemesis

#15824 - 12/09/08 07:22 AM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Nemesis]
Butterz Offline
pledge

Loc: Georgia
As I have said before, knowledge is key. I have been drawn to a satanist core for years. I am only 21. I still go to church with my mom and grand mother. why? Because it makes them feel good which makes me feel good. Your parents support you, is one hour of church too much to ask? Remember they work 40+ hours a week so you can have clothes, food, entertainment and a roof over your head. Why not sacrifice a little back?
#15862 - 12/10/08 01:23 AM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Butterz]
Anthony West Offline
stranger

Quote:
As I have said before, knowledge is key. I have been drawn to a satanist core for years. I am only 21. I still go to church with my mom and grand mother. why? Because it makes them feel good which makes me feel good. Your parents support you, is one hour of church too much to ask? Remember they work 40+ hours a week so you can have clothes, food, entertainment and a roof over your head. Why not sacrifice a little back?

I agree with you.

Although I agree with very little that my parents say or do, they did bring me into this world (at everyone else on this forum's expense) and I have to respect them for that.

Like I've been told countless times before in this community, respect is earned, and I'm pretty sure that they earned my respect for reasons that Butterz mentioned, as my parents do the same for me.

Now, pretty much, I feel that a teen Satanist has the obligation to the true about their beliefs, but has another obligation to respect the beliefs of their creators (Ma and Pa.)

#15888 - 12/10/08 04:34 PM Re: Teen Satanists [Re: Anthony West]
Phaethon Offline
pledge

It seems like the consensus when it comes to teen satanists and their parents is to maintain fairness. If they provide you with food and shelter and a livable environment, you should give them the benefit of going to church or making their lives not as miserable as it would be by ruining their reputation. Just don't deliberately hurt them, otherwise they'd have no reason to respect your beliefs. Though if they are terrible and you are completely defendant from them, move out and act on your own, like how you should do eventually.

Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.