Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#15303 - 12/01/08 10:35 PM Re: Views on Juggaloism [Re: Phaethon]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: Phaethon
You are actually the kind of juggalo I really like (no matter what you think about me).
You break stereotypes and prove the being a juggalo is about being an individual.

Harsh as you may be, I'm glad you posted in this little thread.

Yes if these two are any indication of what a juggalo is then their all fucking idiots, there I said it...

This kid didn't do anything original or anything to prove he is an individual that stands out from the rest... In fact all he did was verbally bully you without saying anything... Calling you out without seeing the same flaws in himself... Proving common ignorance not commonsense or individualism...

But I guess juggalos have to stick by their own... Heh... Tucked your tail between your legs, just do not pee in the corner...

My vote is juggaloism cannot mix well with Satanism... A Satanist strives to better themselves, from everything I've read a juggalo is happy to be accepted even if only by other juggalos... Why don't people seem to grow the fuck up anymore?

~T~

PS. The flashing avatar is your cry for attention...

#15340 - 12/02/08 05:04 PM Re: Views on Juggaloism [Re: ta2zz]
Phaethon Offline
pledge

It all depends on how you see it.
Sadly, some people take ICP's every word like some sort of bible.
But there are benefits to being a juggalo. It is just a common thread that ties people together a bit more and lets them relate to each other more.

Point in case

first person here to talk to me was Ringmaster, a fellow juggalo.
Now juggalos don't always get along, but I still view the good to outweigh the bad.

I don't have a problem with what people say about me, I actually appreciate most of the posts here.

Shall we let this thread die?

#15352 - 12/02/08 06:23 PM Re: Views on Juggaloism [Re: Phaethon]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
Excuse me?! I don't think that you understand shit. Yes I do listen to their music, yes I enjoy a lot of the artists from the same record label, but I don't live by the shit that these people say. I live my life to my standards not some music group. Also there is more I shall say to you but that shall be private.

Allow me to elaborate what I decided to leave out during our "conversation". I am called a juggalo by friends where I live. Do I consider myself a die hard fan? No. My friends tell me I have the don't give a fuck attitude. If that is what makes someone a juggalo then I guess that is their label for me. Do I agree with it? No simply for the fact that it is something that I disagree with what the views on life are, and the standards of living that I have seen most juggalos live by.

#15356 - 12/02/08 06:53 PM Re: Views on Juggaloism [Re: Ringmaster]
Phaethon Offline
pledge

As I just privately explained to ringmaster; I only mentioned his name just to illustrate the fact that he was the first one to contact me on here, because of our juggalo ties. I didn't mean for it to seem like anything else i said was directed at him.

My apologies for the miscommunication.

#76530 - 05/21/13 11:33 AM Re: Views on Juggaloism [Re: Phaethon]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: Phaethon
I wanted to make a thread regarding what the people here at the 600 club thought about Juggaloes. I believe that there are more intelligent and open minded people here than those I meet in day to day life. If you don't know what a juggalo is, then there isn't much of a need for you to state your opinion.

I want to hear people's views and questions regarding juggaloes, as well as anything else you wish to say. I'm not one to restrict speech.

I admit, I didn't know what the hell a Juggalo was until about 95', I hadn't had a lot of exposure to ICP because the music just didn't appeal to me. A close personal friend of my younger cousin styled himself a Juggalo and would often share music and insights with me, I often found the lyrics more appealing than the music itself. Back then, he was barely in High School. He was always over at my Aunt's house where I babysat her children, sort of like an adopted child. I watched him mature into a young man and was often invited to get-togethers at his home. Many turned into what I call 'Circus Parties'. All of his associates were Juggalos, and all those kids performed some kind of entertainment. Whether it be tossing Devil-Stix, Poi, Fire-spinning or acrobatics. They were a bunch of talented kids with artistic expression, but I noticed that nearly all of them had troubled home lives.

They all seemed to band together like a tight-nit social group that supported each other no matter what life dished out (many of them Floobs). They had their own honor code, and the took a lot of the ICP lyrics and philosophies to heart. It seemed to me, they were taking what they perceived as out of their hands (still being kids), and turning it on its head to lift themselves up and be something they could take pride in. The aesthetics and mannerisms may be something of an acquired taste, but I think they adopted it rather well and used it against what they saw as a system of control over their lives.

Flash-foward, I've not lost contact with this young man. He married and had his first child about a year ago. His wife is also a Juggalo. They were recently lamenting over how the Gatherings have lost their message, the feeling and the mentality of the next generation of Juggalos isn't at all what it used to be. They voiced that there was a lot of vandalism, trashing of venues and the overall-mentality has lots its appeal, it's not something they want to associate with any longer. Instead, they choose to gather the 'old crew' at social events and create their own gatherings of sorts (which usually involves Circus Parties). The camp of friends seems to be divided in how all these kids turned out in terms of growth and maturity. Many went on to be fairly successful in their education/careers while some never really made it out of the rut, they just got older. A couple of them weren't welcomed back to the 'Old Crew', they seemed to go on a downward spiral of drugs and crime.

Within 'Satanism' there's a particular group that I was in contact with for a time, and they seem to mirror that mentality of today's Juggalos my friend was speaking of. They seem to be involved in what they consider Social Terrorism. They make a lot of noise to gain attention but once they have it, there's not a whole lot going on there. These people are in their late 20's - early 30's. Seem to have similar back-stories in terms of up-bringing and what they were reveling against at the start (High School). In the last 4-5 years they seem to be in a perpetual state of opening/closing religious organizations that never really get off the ground. Some of it deals in the criminal record of the group's leader, but that seems to be a minor foot-note really, it's more so their behavior, content and Internet activity. If Evil Clowns Never Die, that circus act could use a bit of Necromancy, in my opinion.

#76548 - 05/21/13 03:55 PM Re: Views on Juggaloism [Re: SIN3]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
Five year old thread barely worth anything when it was written. Now 629 words later its worth even less as I now reread this crap.

Oh BTW from the OP's profile.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a reply.

#76550 - 05/21/13 04:03 PM Re: Views on Juggaloism [Re: ta2zz]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Yeah, its an old thread but based on the viewing hits people still read old threads on the forum. I didn't necessarily expect a reply from this user, just adding my perspective and opinion to the discussion.

#76564 - 05/22/13 07:59 AM Re: Views on Juggaloism [Re: SIN3]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
I actually like that people bring up old threads - especially if the topicality has some relevance. However, Juggalos are have to be near the bottom of my Give a Shitlist. They place about even with hippies and only slightly above crackheads.

I am temped to lock this thread but I will leave it open if for no other reason than to be a moron honeypot.

#76567 - 05/22/13 08:14 AM Re: Views on Juggaloism [Re: Fist]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Ok? I get that, I can't stand Black Metal or Black Metal artists and yet I understand that it may have some relevance to something, at some point, to someone. It showed up in topics being read from Anonymous users reading threads, and Google search hits. That's what brought the thread to my attention, Internet users are reading it.

I added to the thread due to its relevance of transmutation which is quite relevant to Satanic paradigms, in my opinion.

Take for instance my nickname, 'SIN'. In the same manner that authentic Juggalos take pride in their sense of self (such as the case with Floobs), I've managed to use that name as something to take pride in, and empower myself with.

Your statement implies that I tripped into the Moron honeypot like flies to shit.

#89624 - 06/17/14 02:44 PM Re: Views on Juggaloism [Re: Phaethon]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

[General Reply]

I came across THIS on Cracked today.

Quote:
Widely mocked since they emerged in the 1990s, Juggalos have recently seen their reputation go downhill quicker than the career trajectory of someone with an ICP face tattoo. Ridicule increased after this adorably optimistic 2010 ICP video went viral, and in 2014 Juggalos were classified as a gang by the FBI. Society's animosity is not completely groundless: The yearly Juggalo music festival is a drug use free-for-all, and in 2010 fans injured a performer on stage by throwing rocks and urine-filled bottles at her. But for most people, Juggalo hate is less about righteous anger and more about making fun of adult men with bad teeth who wear clown makeup.

Comparatively, don't 'Satanists' go out of their way to be charitable, commit these so-called 'real world' deeds for the 'Satanic Community'? Such as, I dunno, make monuments and dispel misconceptions to Atheists or something like that? Own forums and Social Networks? Post on them so the 'good stuff' is out there in the ether *waves hands around*.

Some even appear on talk-shows for the purpose of cleaning up the image. *Gasp*

Quote:
A fund to support cancer research could be named "Fucking Cancer, How Does It Work?" A charity that works to prevent childhood hunger could be called "The Kids Need Faygo and Corn Dogs and Shit." Get on this stuff, guys.

The blogger's comment is more or less about the style in which the fans go about things they are passionate about. It doesn't matter if it's to pick up trash, or sponsor a toy-drive for kids. It's the styling that targets a particular audience.

The way I see it, it's not much different than Satanists promoting a book, film, piece of art, or what have you because they think it's worthy of promotion. The creator may be none-the-wiser for it but obviously reaps in the perks.

To say that it doesn't coalesce with Satanism isn't quite accurate If that individual person wants to do it for their own reasons, who gives a fuck what you think about it?

I've observed that many Satanists like ICP, whether it's for the music or the camaraderie. The personal views of the band members or even the lyrical values are transmuted into something they can use.

#89626 - 06/17/14 04:59 PM Re: Views on Juggaloism [Re: SIN3]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: SIN3
Comparatively, don't 'Satanists' go out of their way to be charitable, commit these so-called 'real world' deeds for the 'Satanic Community'? Such as, I dunno, make monuments and dispel misconceptions to Atheists or something like that? Own forums and Social Networks? Post on them so the 'good stuff' is out there in the ether *waves hands around*.

Some even appear on talk-shows for the purpose of cleaning up the image. *Gasp*

You're forgetting: starting e-zines, following media as soon as the dreaded "S"-word is spoken, keeping up with various blogs and other failed projects by which "creative outlets" are included.

There's a thing about calling pots and kettles being black.

I've observed that many Satanists like ICP, whether it's for the music or the camaraderie.

I haven't. Probably has something to do with the people I choose to interact with.

To say that it doesn't coalesce with Satanism isn't quite accurate If that individual person wants to do it for their own reasons, who gives a fuck what you think about it?

Indeed, to each their own. Why keep digging it if no fuck is ever given?

Edited by Dimitri (06/17/14 05:00 PM)

#89627 - 06/17/14 05:08 PM Re: Views on Juggaloism [Re: Dimitri]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Quote:
There's a thing about calling pots and kettles being black.

Your ability to completely miss the point is astounding Dimi. I'll continue to offer you ample opportunity to get 'it' off your chest.

By this stage, pretty blatantly obvious what 'it' is.

#89629 - 06/17/14 06:20 PM Re: Views on Juggaloism [Re: The Blackangel]
BaronVonShankly Offline

Loc: London
ICP were funny for about 5 mins when your 15, then I grew up.
As far as the fan worship they really don't do themselves any favors, In my experience adult juggalos can be described as obnoxious idiots who are condescending idiots who argue with you when you point out their ignorance which is the worst kind of idiots.

#89630 - 06/17/14 06:35 PM Re: Views on Juggaloism [Re: SIN3]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
I see similarities, particularly in the idea that they see themselves as outcast or separate from the rest of society and they seem to take pride in that.

They also spend a lot of time protesting negative stereotypes.

#89631 - 06/17/14 06:51 PM Re: Views on Juggaloism [Re: SIN3]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Loc: El Mundo
'love me some Cracked. \:D In terms of "blogs" I'd swear at least a few of the writers out-satanize satanists.

As for ICP Well, their music is pretty "meh" however they DO very well to market to an audience - disaffected suburbia enamored with Hot-Topic style "individuality".

Then again it's sorta hard to stand-out as an individual when you're at such an age that your greatest life accomplishment to-date was making it to High-school with out having to attend summer school.

I'd say it definitely targets a profitable demographic - those of that age when peer acceptance is still very important (typically, anyway), identity still hasn't been established, socially awkward, outcast, and rebellion is still high on the list of motivating factors. It's sorta like an international "Loser's Club" - from that book IT... wasn't there a clown involved in that? ;\)

Granted, no "Juggalo" I've ever met has ever been particularly intelligent, nor terribly concerned with self-improvement (or personal hygiene for that matter) - but they do tend to have some pretty decent smoke.

BUT - if we were take "juggalo culture" and revise it to where elitism, intelligence, and self-improvement were necessary attributes then we'd just have... well... Satanists in clown make-up (or Goths with a sense of revelry - take your pick).

However, this would severely limit the market-base, and as an entrepreneur why in the shit would I do that? I give a fuck how "leet" my customers are? Fuck no! Just buy my stuff.

I will actually concur that there is *something* satanic about the imagery, the idea of carnivals, sinister clowns, and debauchery "broadly" smacks of Satanism.

Granted, "true" individuals don't need to wear their identity - but there's no harm in CoS-play (lol, see what it did there?)

If it were more Cirque du Soleil and less Jerky Boys it might even pass - though that would severely narrow the customer-base; so "come one come all - step right up step right up you too can be a Juggalo - a part of something different" - here's your red card.

*another only slightly related insight. With facial recognition, Facebook, and cameras becoming increasingly prevalent everywhere you go... maybe the smartest idea, in the interests of privacy, is to wear clown make-up. Shit! when they cancel Halloween, we'll know for sure that the police state is at hand. :P

Edited by antikarmatomic (06/17/14 07:08 PM)

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.