Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#14916 - 11/27/08 12:19 AM Gobble Gobble
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
So it's Thanksgiving time. For those that celebrate, what did or are you cooking? My menu:
Garlic and herb injected turkey smoked over a pecan wood grill
Garlic mashed potatoes(potatoes smoked on the grill)
Dinner rolls (on the grill)
Stuffing
Corn
Pecan pie
Jalapeno pesto and crackers
Spiced mulled wine

I will try to sneak in some football and poker if I can. Luckily, by grilling most of the meal over low heat, I can set it and forget it. Problem is, while my neighbors and family are still drooling in bed, I will be out on the deck starting the grill and tending to the smoke.

#14944 - 11/27/08 04:47 PM Re: Gobble Gobble [Re: fakepropht]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
Out here we smoked some lamb legs with garlic cloves stuffed inside of random spots of the meat, with a topping of olive oil to let the garlic flavor soak in. Then we used eucalyptus wood to slow cook it. We also had steak, corn, and the usual stuff like that. The part that I enjoyed the most was killing and plucking chickens and stuffing them with lemons,limes,with pepper and soaked them in neer beer (it the only beer we got out here unfortunatly.) then cooked them the same way we did the lambs.

#15112 - 11/29/08 03:36 PM Re: Gobble Gobble [Re: fakepropht]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Do you have a good Peacan pie receipe?

Just something new I want to make next to red velvet cake.

M

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, Woland, Asmedious, Fist, Diavolo, TV is God 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.017 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 16 queries. Zlib compression disabled.