Page 13 of 13 « First<910111213
Topic Options
#17365 - 12/31/08 06:14 PM Re: Consciousness and Death [Re: Succubus666]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Quote:

your “bullshit where I see it” statement is completely hypocritical.

Not at all!

If I make a claim, to be sure I will back it up. If I cannot, I will withdraw it. You started this thread under the guise that what you had to say was objective and scientific, and when I pointed out that wasn't the case you continued to make the claim anyway. THAT is bullshit.

If you would have started out saying 'this is my opinion, based purely on my own personal interpretation of events as I perceive them', as is the case, this discussion we are having right now wouldn't be taking place. As I have mentioned, it is not your conclusions I take issue with but the intellectually dishonest way you are presenting them.

Also, we are not on the same level playing field, ontologically speaking. That I can not present evidence AGAINST your claims means just as little as not being able to present evidence against the flying spaghetti monster or YHVH. In matters of existence only positive evidence can weigh in. You are the one presenting an extraordinary claim, and we all know what extraordinary claims require , right?

Look, Tala, it's like this. All you have to do to shut me down on this forever is show your claims to be supported by something tangible.The results of actual research turning something up. Facts and evidence that lead to the conclusion you have reached. That's it. Easy right? What convinced YOU?

I will return to you the benefit of the doubt, that you indeed used some sort of reason or logic to arrive where you are at. Are you up to it?

#17374 - 12/31/08 07:57 PM Re: Consciousness and Death [Re: Diavolo]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
"I didn't see anyone call Morgan a fool for believing in her ghost-cat? Why not? Because it isn't safe to bite her?"

Actually, I said I don't know if its my dead cat or a little deamon.

I really don't know. It happens occassionally, and has no rhyme or reason or pattern to it.

For all I know its an energy manifistation of my will directed at comforting myself.

Or

I just might be imaging it and completely insane.

M

Ps, as for biting me, well... I like that kinda stuff if its done right. ;\)

#17412 - 01/01/09 03:57 AM Re: Consciousness and Death [Re: Morgan]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I know you didn't say it WAS a ghost cat but hell, if I'd go nasty mode, either ghost cat or energy manifestation would be a free ticket to say pretty annoying things.

We just can't back up certain claims at times without saying vague things we also can't back up. I could say god = alien technology and explain why, but I can never provide evidence for any of the explanations because if I could, the claim in itself would be verifiable to a degree.

Oh and Dan, if our baby looks like me, you're gonna be one proud mama.

D.

#17414 - 01/01/09 05:09 AM Re: Consciousness and Death [Re: Diavolo]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
So, this is literally "all talk" and absolutely "no walk"? At least Morgan understood what I meant, "ghost cat" or "not". This is ridiculous in its own right, forget about "space aliens" or YHVH...

I guess then, go on with this circular argument, that isn't really an argument anymore - it's just moot.

I was just trying to add a little excitement... but carry on with tens of thousands more words... I'll just read and get a headache.

#17415 - 01/01/09 05:15 AM Re: Consciousness and Death [Re: daevid777]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Is it so hard to understand that a forum is always ALL talk and that even when you bring experience to the game it is still ALL talk?

D.

#17418 - 01/01/09 05:30 AM Re: Consciousness and Death [Re: Diavolo]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
At the very least, that response was to the point, prescisely, and short but sweeeet...

Otherwise, the proof is left to those that "believe" - I'm asking them to tell me of their actions, their experiences, what they've seen or done.

All I have so far is that there may or may not be a ghost-cat on the loose in New York, that happens to enjoy snuggling up in bed to outstanding women...

But oh, that may be just enough, just enough...

#17426 - 01/01/09 07:11 AM Re: Consciousness and Death [Re: Succubus666]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I didn't read it, just know some bits about it from here and there. I don't have the time to read all stuff so I have to make selections based upon credibility, at least what seems credible in my eyes.

If I'm not mistaking the whole idea of this books is based upon a violation in communication between particles, and holograms where suggested as a possible theory to make Einstein's theory work. I'm not sure if there are better explanations developed during the last decades, but even when not, going from a theory about a holographic nature of things and then adding spiritual and mystical elements into it seems a bit far stretched to me.

The "must read" intro is by the way a nice example of suggestive writing.

D.

Page 13 of 13 « First<910111213

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.