Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#15257 - 12/01/08 12:58 PM Transporter 3
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I recently ripped this movie and I must admit I was a bit dissapointed. When I first saw the previews I was excited as I am a big fan of the first two movies. After watching this one, however, I think it is time this series was discontinued. It was an ok movie with some decent stunts, but it just seems like the same shit recycled from the first two. Anyone else have any comments on this movie?

#15441 - 12/03/08 09:32 PM Re: Transporter 3 [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Disabuse Offline

I felt pretty much the same as you. I'm glad I didn't pay to go see it. Though, different from you, I felt the second one was lacking just as much as the third one. The first Transporter is the only one I would recommend to anyone.

I found myself not paying attention to Transporter 3, as it lacked depth and material worth keeping an audiences attention.

#15448 - 12/03/08 11:21 PM Re: Transporter 3 [Re: Disabuse]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I too am glad I didnt pay for it. Although I must say I did enjoy the second one. It might have just been that girl who killed cops in lingerie though.

#15992 - 12/11/08 08:00 PM Re: Transporter 3 [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Henrik Offline
stranger

Loc: Finland
You can't expect much of an europian action movie with two prequals. I'd rather watch an all-shiny-all-cliche big dick action movie than an europian part martial arts piece with a stupid intention on being somehow different or special. It's just not in need. These things have nothing to give for film fanatics and shouldn't have anything even to the avarage movie-going guy. Compared to music, Transporter is MTV instead of the Beatles.

Edited by Henrik (12/11/08 08:01 PM)

#15993 - 12/11/08 08:06 PM Re: Transporter 3 [Re: Henrik]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I don't think Transporter 2 and Transporter 3 we're prequels. There have been some amazing european movies. Killing Zoe is the first one that comes to mind. Your comparison of the Beatles being MTV is lost on me. I am not a fan of either. Conversely, if MTV was around when the Beatles were making music, you can bet they would have been featured.

#15995 - 12/11/08 08:32 PM Re: Transporter 3 [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Henrik Offline
stranger

Loc: Finland
Transporter 3 has two prequals. MTV and Beatles was just a picture trying explain the profound superficiality in mainstream action movies.

Killing Zoe's made only half in Europe... not that it matters, but the writer and director R. Avery was american. That guy pretty much failed in movies because he fell into the shadow of Quentin Tarantino. There's the difference by the way: Tarantinos Reservoir Dogs and Averys Killing Zoe.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, fakepropht, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.