Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#15311 - 12/02/08 04:33 AM Day after thanksgiving shopping
coelentrate Offline

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
Manic shoppers trample store employee to death. I hate people sometimes.

'Some shoppers who had seen the stampede said they were shocked. One of them, Kimberly Cribbs of Queens, said the crowd had acted like “savages.” Shoppers behaved badly even as the store was being cleared, she recalled. “When they were saying they had to leave, that an employee got killed, people were yelling, ‘I’ve been on line since yesterday morning,’ ” Ms. Cribbs told The Associated Press. “They kept shopping.” '

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/29/business/29walmart.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2

#15313 - 12/02/08 05:49 AM Re: Day after thanksgiving shopping [Re: coelentrate]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
It's fucked up, I tell thee. It's no wonder I'm so misanthropic most of the time.

I read a thread on the deviantART forums yesterday concerning this. It may have linked to the same article you've linked to. Either way, society is still going backwards concerning how we treat our fellow man, as we're valuing possessions more than human life. Mind you, that's more the stupid part of society (Of which is the majority sadly...) than anything.

#15319 - 12/02/08 08:55 AM Re: Day after thanksgiving shopping [Re: DistroyA]
Picunnus Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I don't know, I can think of several human lives that are worth considerably less than an iphone in my book.

#15322 - 12/02/08 11:38 AM Re: Day after thanksgiving shopping [Re: Picunnus]
coelentrate Offline

but you know how to get an iphone the next day without having to camp in the car park for 16 hours, right?
#15323 - 12/02/08 11:43 AM Re: Day after thanksgiving shopping [Re: coelentrate]
Picunnus Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Yeah, 16 hours of my time is worth considerably more than an iphone.

#15380 - 12/03/08 03:23 AM Re: Day after thanksgiving shopping [Re: Picunnus]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
They acted like animals to save money.
some big flat screens for $300.
levi jeans or lees for $8.
It was set up for a riot.
Tons of people outside, no one expected wild animals, but the mindlessness of mass idiots prevailed.

They stepped on him, and just didnt stop.
Just didn't care, had to save that dollar...

I really dislike most people, but that was just brutal, something no one deserves.

Morg

#15405 - 12/03/08 01:26 PM Re: Day after thanksgiving shopping [Re: Morgan]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I am not surprised by this at all. Shit like this happens every year. People act like idiots because little jr. son of a bitch will freak out if he doesn't get the new Pokemon toy.

#15414 - 12/03/08 03:38 PM Re: Day after thanksgiving shopping [Re: Morgan]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I read about and you know what, it's fucking funny.

So you got a store and you set up some traps to lure as much costumers as possible. You promise them stuff at an insane price but you limit the stock available. You hope that all the losers that don't get the prize-items spend their cash at other, normally prized stuff. CoS they are already dreaming of this shit and promised baby Jane and baby Joe.

So it works well and the sheep come in like crazy. You Woohoo and then things change into hell.
Hell should have been much worse, they should have lynched the owners, ass-raped the employees and burned the place down. Not because they exploit the mass but because they cry when it goes wrong occasionally.

D.

#15416 - 12/03/08 04:16 PM Re: Day after thanksgiving shopping [Re: Diavolo]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
thats exactly what happens, from the distributors on down. this bullshit people fiend for is mass produced in china by the millions. and wal-mart, especially, being the largest retailer in the world, has plenty of ipods, crappy off brand tv's, and levi's to go around. and then all the stores wait until one magical day to cut and slash their prices?
fuck all of them.
i will never have an ounce of compassion for any walmart-related tragedy. they are directly responsible for a healthy portion of the global catastrophe we are all facing now.

im a grinch and dont buy jesus presents for anyone, and this whole month is made extra miserable if i actually need anything.

#15435 - 12/03/08 06:39 PM Re: Day after thanksgiving shopping [Re: Bacchae]
coelentrate Offline

Originally Posted By: Bacchae

i will never have an ounce of compassion for any walmart-related tragedy. they are directly responsible for a healthy portion of the global catastrophe we are all facing now.

Funny story about that from a few weeks ago...

A relative of mine (not by blood, thank god) watched his favorite brand of mass media. Thery said there was yet another outcry against walmart.

I asked "Why do you think there are so many attacks on walmart?"

"It's the goddamned liberals!", he said "They're jealous!"

"Of what?"

"They're jealous of walmart, because they do all the charity donations that the liberals are supposed to be doing!"

He bought stuff from walmart the day after thanksgiving.

#20102 - 02/10/09 11:27 PM Re: Day after thanksgiving shopping [Re: coelentrate]
Linaka113 Offline

Loc: East Bay 510 CA
That's why I always request at work that I work on Black Friday. That type of shit is out of hand. No matter why they call it Black Friday its because people get killed or hurt for a laptop that has low meomery. So not worth your life nor another persons life to fight over. I've seen people fighting for portable DVD players and computers. All that shit is made in China. I've seen alot of people returning it back because it doesnt work anymore.

I work in retail so thats why I'm replying to this post on here. It is really a sad affair in our society today all they care about is getting the hottest thing. They dont care about how to treat people with respect these days. Nor do they understand what the true meaning of the holidays is about. People these days I'll tell you.

#20118 - 02/11/09 04:44 AM Re: Day after thanksgiving shopping [Re: Linaka113]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
 Quote:
Nor do they understand what the true meaning of the holidays is about.

and what exactly IS it about?

#21043 - 02/23/09 12:09 AM Re: Day after thanksgiving shopping [Re: ceruleansteel]
Master Magick Offline
pledge

Loc: New York, USA
You mean it's not about trampling minimum wage workers on your way to fight for the right to buy cheap electronics that will be outdated the minute you leave the store? ;\)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.024 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 26 queries. Zlib compression disabled.