Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#15471 - 12/04/08 08:05 AM do you have to be a card carrying member of cos ?
selfish666 Offline
stranger

Loc: missouri
do you have to be a card carring member of the Church of Satan to be a satanist,or do you just have to live the satanic philosphy,when I read the Satanic Bible I felt like someone was finally speaking my language.
HAIL SATAN!!!

#15473 - 12/04/08 08:10 AM Re: do you have to be a card carrying member of cos ? [Re: selfish666]
Picunnus Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
You don't have to be a member of anything to be a Satanist, any more than you have to carry a card to be an idiot. It's just something you are, or aren't, as the case may be.

#15480 - 12/04/08 11:36 AM Re: do you have to be a card carrying member of cos ? [Re: Picunnus]
Chelsea_Grin Offline
pledge

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Do you have to carry a cross around to call yourself a Christian?
NO.
Why would Satanism be any different? And TSB definitely not the only Satanic literature out there. Just because you read TSB doesn't mean that's all there is to know about Satansim. Check out the books, media, and literature thread here and read up a little more on it. The Satanism 101 thread might be helpful to you too. Also, the CoS isn't the only Satanic church. You can also check out the First Satanic Church (www.satanicchurch.com) which is founded and run by Karla LaVey, Anton's daughter.

#58269 - 08/17/11 11:23 AM Re: do you have to be a card carrying member of cos ? [Re: selfish666]
Alex Crowley Offline

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
No, you do not. Satanism, to me at least, is a philosophy - you either are a Satanist or you are not, whether or not you're a member of the Church of Satan.

Honestly I think if you need a red card to tell you that you're a Satanist you probably aren't one.

If you still want to be a member anyway, I say go for it, but it's not a requirement.

#58274 - 08/17/11 02:34 PM Re: do you have to be a card carrying member of cos ? [Re: Alex Crowley]
Empire of Dread Offline
stranger

Loc: Germany
So on one hand you want to be that totally self motivated individual that defines his own goals and goes beyond good and evil, but on the other hand you want to join a nice and cosy group and stick to their rules ?

Doesn´t make much sense to me.

There has probably a time where one could have gained something from beeing a CoS member, but this days you might as well join the TOV ;\)

Edited by Empire of Dread (08/17/11 02:35 PM)

#58277 - 08/17/11 03:28 PM Re: do you have to be a card carrying member of cos ? [Re: Empire of Dread]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Quote:

but this days you might as well join the TOV ;\)

At that point you might as well walk into your nearest church or mosque and sign up though. Fuzzy feel good faith based shit is all the same, and at least with christian churches you get the occasional picnic.

#58278 - 08/17/11 03:41 PM Re: do you have to be a card carrying member of cos ? [Re: Dan_Dread]
Empire of Dread Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread
 Quote:

and at least with christian churches you get the occasional picnic.

Now that I think about it - if you get to score a young catholic girl on that picnic, you get a shortcut to hell and free food. If that isnt a win-win situation, I dont know what is. Ok its not a fancy red card, but you have to start somewhere I guess ;\)

Cheers

#58335 - 08/19/11 01:16 PM Re: do you have to be a card carrying member of cos ? [Re: Empire of Dread]
Managor Offline

As a once famous and overly overused quote says;

"Carrying a card that says you're Satanist makes you a Satanist no more than standing in a garage makes you a car"

Originally Posted By: Empire of Dread
 Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread
 Quote:

and at least with christian churches you get the occasional picnic.

Now that I think about it - if you get to score a young catholic girl on that picnic, you get a shortcut to hell and free food. If that isnt a win-win situation, I dont know what is. Ok its not a fancy red card, but you have to start somewhere I guess ;\)

Cheers

After that, you can get yourself an fancy red card

Quote:

Or the TOS. ALL HAIL LORD AARDVARK!

#58337 - 08/19/11 01:44 PM Re: do you have to be a card carrying member of cos ? [Re: Managor]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Managor

The Temple of Set has had fun with its cards over the years. We started out in 1975 with a ribbed plastic 3-D card where the Pentagram of Set jumped out at you, but it was difficult to write the individual's name on it distinctly. We tried cardstock, which made degree-colored emblems possible, but they still didn't have the proper zing. Today black plastic with the name & Pentagram of Set in fresnel silver. Woo.

We will have completely sold out to the World of Horrors when we come up with a membership card that also doubles as a Visa or MasterCard, but we're not there yet. ;\)

#58338 - 08/19/11 02:31 PM Re: do you have to be a card carrying member of cos ? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Managor Offline

Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino
 Originally Posted By: Managor

The Temple of Set has had fun with its cards over the years. We started out in 1975 with a ribbed plastic 3-D card where the Pentagram of Set jumped out at you, but it was difficult to write the individual's name on it distinctly. We tried cardstock, which made degree-colored emblems possible, but they still didn't have the proper zing. Today black plastic with the name & Pentagram of Set in fresnel silver. Woo.

We will have completely sold out to the World of Horrors when we come up with a membership card that also doubles as a Visa or MasterCard, but we're not there yet. ;\)

That would make a friggin great commercial.

Athame: $40
Robes: $25
Black Candles: $5
Having a credit card with an aardvark to put it all on: Priceless.

(No offense by the way but it is funny.)

#58339 - 08/19/11 02:48 PM Re: do you have to be a card carrying member of cos ? [Re: Managor]
Empire of Dread Offline
stranger

Damn i was so happy with the fancy red card at first, but now i want the Aardvark™ Credit card so bad. Why must beeing a Satanist be so hard ???Its just not fair.

Cheers guys

#58344 - 08/19/11 07:40 PM Re: do you have to be a card carrying member of cos ? [Re: Empire of Dread]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
If I were running the Church of Satan today, I'd have a red-flashing LED card which, when touched, played Anton LaVey intoning the "Invocation to Satan" with his organ music in the background. Or maybe just Harley saying, "Ehh, what are you lookin' at?"

#58349 - 08/19/11 08:43 PM Re: do you have to be a card carrying member of cos ? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Jake999 Offline

LOL! If Dr. LaVey was doing it, it would sound like a whoopie cushion with accompanying effluvia.

He really did enjoy those things.

#58352 - 08/20/11 01:22 AM Re: do you have to be a card carrying member of cos ? [Re: Jake999]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
I have been particularly fond of the shifting cards that show one thing at one angle and another thing completely different when moved... there would be so much you can go on with that idea... of course you can go LaVey / Pentagram for the traditional business card... and maybe a nude girl thrown in there for fun.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 27 queries. Zlib compression disabled.