Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#15488 - 12/04/08 05:14 PM Cow Poo
Meq Offline
Banned

This delightfully-named sandwich was christened by a 3 year old.
It's a generously-filled peanut butter and chocolate spread sandwich. One for the kids!

Simply spread butter or margarine on two slices of bread (makes it less dry with the peanut butter), then generously spread peanut butter on one and chocolate spread on the other. Slap together.

If you wish, squash them flat (taking care the filling doesn't ooze out the sides - squash the crusts first). Cut into fingers or squares. You may wish to remove the crusts first for fussy eaters. Serve with fruit juice or squash.

It may be an idea to go for the cheaper brands of peanut butter and chocolate spread, so more can be used (unless cost is no issue). Especially if the kids are satisfied with it! \:D

Alternatively, substitute hemp seed butter and/or hazelnut chocolate spread.
It would be easy to do a vegan version too (by substituting animal product-free spreads), and I can't think of a tastier vegan dish \:D (I'm not vegan or veggie as you can probably tell!)

#15519 - 12/05/08 07:40 AM Re: Cow Poo [Re: Meq]
Picunnus Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Hey, what is that hazelnut spread you guys have over there called? Is it Nutella? That shit is soooooo good! Oh, I want some in my cow poo!! There are no limey grocery stores around here, boo hoo!

#15521 - 12/05/08 08:06 AM Re: Cow Poo [Re: Picunnus]
Jake999 Offline

I think I've seen Nutella around here. I'll let you know and set you up with a care package if I find it.

#15522 - 12/05/08 10:57 AM Re: Cow Poo [Re: Picunnus]
Meq Offline
Banned

Nutella is Italian rather than British, though very popular in the UK and much of Europe (less so in the States).

According to Wikipedia, "the product was only available [in the US] as an expensive import until the 2000s", so it may be now be more available there.

Incidentally, nut products are banned in school lunches in many schools in the UK and elsewhere due to potentially fatal allergies, so it looks like cow poo is out in nut-free zones...

#15535 - 12/05/08 01:09 PM Re: Cow Poo [Re: Meq]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Nutella? I eat it daily (quite logic.. Belgium is quite renowned for it's choclat..) maybe if you guys ever buy a good nutella you can do this:

Take a sandwich, a banana and the nutella.
Cover the sandwich with nutella.
Slice the banana and put them on the sandwich.
Close sandwich and eat it.

#15537 - 12/05/08 01:14 PM Re: Cow Poo [Re: Meq]
Picunnus Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
 Originally Posted By: Mequa
Incidentally, nut products are banned in school lunches in many schools in the UK and elsewhere due to potentially fatal allergies, so it looks like cow poo is out in nut-free zones...

I apologize for the one-liner folks, but dude, you said "nut products" and "nut-free zones" with a straight face and pulled it off. kudos for that

#15553 - 12/05/08 08:12 PM Re: Cow Poo [Re: Picunnus]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
I really like nutella on toasted Italian bread.
I dont remember it not being available in stores in my neighborhood growing up 1970/80/90's.
The hot bread makes it kinda melty.
\:\)

#15742 - 12/08/08 02:03 AM Re: Cow Poo [Re: Meq]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
I purposefully picked up both a jar of peanut butter and Nutella at the store today, just to enjoy this delish sounding sammich. In the very near future I will try one. I also want to see how Nutella tastes and it's various properties. I have never had it, so maybe I can find ways to work it into sauces, soups, dressings, etc.

Oh, and while I was shopping, I stumbled across bacon infused salt. I had heard about this on the radio a few months ago, and knew I had to get some. I also found liquid smoke infused black pepper. I may have left a mess on aisle 4 after that. I will be playing with all these new tastes in coming days and figuring out how to use them.

Edited by fakepropht (12/08/08 02:14 AM)
Edit Reason: added stuff

#15790 - 12/08/08 07:20 PM Re: Cow Poo [Re: fakepropht]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Ow, we used to eat banana and sugar sandwiches when I was a kid, but I never thought of having banana and nutella sandwiches.

As for the cow poo ones, they sound very tasty too.

I like peanut butter and salad sandwiches also.

Yummy food, I love it.

Zeph

#15796 - 12/08/08 08:50 PM Re: Cow Poo [Re: fakepropht]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

This bar I go to in the city makes homemade...

bacon vodka....

Yes, vodka with real bacon in it.
The bottles look fucked up with the meat sitting in them.

M

#15803 - 12/08/08 11:20 PM Re: Cow Poo [Re: Morgan]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
I've actually seen that before. I just can't figure out what you would make with it. Bacon and eggs martini?

You know, you could wrap a tire in bacon and deep fry it, and most folks would devour it and ask for seconds. I get a huge chuckle every time I see the ad of the chicks picking guys up in a bar with bacon in their purses or rubbed on like perfume. Because that would be me.

#15807 - 12/09/08 12:22 AM Re: Cow Poo [Re: fakepropht]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Bloody Marys

They make their own ass-juice too.
They just don't say whats in it, and you dont want to ask, but they do have a bottle of hippy spray on the bar to keep them away.

Bacon, ham, damn, been using the wrong stuff. lol

Morg

#15817 - 12/09/08 04:29 AM Re: Cow Poo [Re: Morgan]
Jake999 Offline

At the Downtown Hotel in Dawson City in the Yukon, they make a drink called the SOURTOE COCKTAIL. It contains a severed human toe (frostbite victim, if memory serves). You chug the drink, taste the toe and return it to the barkeep... you get a certificate saying you did it.

And a bad case of Athelete's Tongue.

#15839 - 12/09/08 01:39 PM Re: Cow Poo [Re: Jake999]
ta2zz Online
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
Ok I will admit I went on a search hoping to find this an urban legend... Instead I find this http://www.sourtoecocktailclub.com/ and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FCI5Hco1F0 and I'm stuck not knowing exactly how I feel about this...

Why? Then I wonder if anybody has had it in milk yet... ;\)

Edited by ta2zz (12/09/08 01:42 PM)
Edit Reason: added youtube link

#15840 - 12/09/08 02:00 PM Re: Cow Poo [Re: ta2zz]
Jake999 Offline

To quote Annie Lennox of the Eurythmics, "Would I Lie To You?"

Gives a whole new meanin' to suckin' toes fer sure. The alcohol probably kills 99.9% of any germs. But you never know... was the man a pig farmer? Maybe he was one of those shit dancers from Lithohoosia.

There are probably things that people do like this from around the world, but I think most of us don't really want to know about 'em!

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, Woland, Asmedious, Fist, Diavolo, TV is God 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.