Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#15524 - 12/05/08 11:29 AM have you read this interview somewhere?
Picunnus Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Ten years or more ago I checked a book out from the Oklahoma City Public Library about religious icons. I think it covered about 8 different folks, one of whom was Anton LaVey. In the chapter on him, there was mention of two interesting tidbits. First, the author mentioned a comment that LaVey made about circus music - being the most truly satanic? (fuzzy memory here). Second, something about LaVey asking the author what kind of salad dressing he used, followed by an explanation of LaVey's theory on salad dressing as a character indicator. I want to read this again but can't remember the title to get the book. Anyone?

#15560 - 12/05/08 09:17 PM Re: have you read this interview somewhere? [Re: Picunnus]
Jake999 Offline

I don't know the book, but I'll do some checking and see if I can find out what it was. Sounds like something I should have in my library.

#15561 - 12/05/08 09:45 PM Re: have you read this interview somewhere? [Re: Picunnus]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Bleu cheese dressing. It smells like a locker room and tastes like penis, according to Lavey. So only a gay male, effeminate male, or weak female would prefer this dressing. Dressings on the sweeter side would be preferred by a strong male. As they closely associated with the taste of female genitalia. I think this was mentioned in _The Satanic Witch_. It's been a long time since I last read that book. I have no idea what the book you are refering to is. Here is an article I found online that might spark your memory.

salad dressing

#15583 - 12/06/08 05:21 AM Re: have you read this interview somewhere? [Re: Picunnus]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Hmm, ok, I linked the same article as Fake it seems, so no use in having it twice.

D.

Edited by Diavolo (12/06/08 05:22 AM)

#15584 - 12/06/08 05:23 AM Re: have you read this interview somewhere? [Re: fakepropht]
Picunnus Offline

Thanks, faker. That is the article. The reference list quotes "Saints and Sinners. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1993." That was the book - and this page is copied straight out of it. I see you can get it used on Amazon for 76 cents. Sweet! Thanks, everybody.

#17310 - 12/31/08 08:28 AM Re: have you read this interview somewhere? [Re: Picunnus]
Picunnus Offline

Update on some old shit!

I got this book in the mail yesterday and it's pretty fucking interesting reading. Topics are: Walker Railey, Jimmy Swaggart, Madalyn Murray O'Hair, Anton LaVey, Will Campbell, and Matthew Fox. It's neat.

:P

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.018 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.