Page 13 of 16 « First<1112131415>Last »
Topic Options
#86662 - 04/22/14 04:06 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Adrian Savage]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: Adrian Savage

So you straight-up admit being a bullshit artist, liar, and game-player, and exploiting those under your tutelage as mere pawns to your own ends, with no sense of duty to their well-being?

Red flag, much?

White Knighting is no longer avant-garde. Didn't you get the memo?

Also, personal attacks are something I liken to nails on a chalkboard.

Up your game or be gone.

#86663 - 04/22/14 05:23 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Adrian Savage]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
At least I'm intellectually honest about it, to the unsuspecting? I'd lie my ass off to my benefit. So?

Perhaps, while you wagging your moral finger at me you'll come correct and just come out with it already. I see you bug-a-boo.

#86666 - 04/22/14 05:39 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Fnord]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
 Quote:

So you straight-up admit being a bullshit artist, liar, and game-player, and exploiting those under your tutelage as mere pawns to your own ends, with no sense of duty to their well-being?

Red flag, much?

LMAO. If it weren't the pot calling the kettle black, I would bet he/she is a good Christian.

Read his/her first post and you will get a clue.

SIN3 has been around here since May 2013 and Adrian Savage put up with her for all this time and he/she's been here since 2012. It's just this month he/she started following her like crazy.

So c'mon Adrian, whose sock are you?

Or should we start a guessing game?

Not too many options here. Sooner or later we will manage to sink the ship.

#86670 - 04/22/14 06:30 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Fnord]
Adrian Savage Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Fnord

Red flag, much?

Also, personal attacks are something I liken to nails on a chalkboard.

Up your game or be gone.

Duly noted. Although the aforementioned poster did openly admit to having such characteristics, so I take it they are a point of pride rather than anything considered personally derogatory. Openly admitting to such seems to go against a cardinal rule of Lesser Black Magic, and signal a warning sign to those considering rational self-interest.

Such ties in directly with this topic, as with my having walked the Left-Hand Path for many years now, forming such practical judgments of character seem to be something newer Satanists would be best to seriously consider. There are a lot of frauds out there, Caveat Emptor.

Not to mention, she also directed personal attacks at myself.

Also, "White Knighting" is precisely what the (good Christian) poster above me is doing. Contrary to her position, such judgments can be made for oneself purely pragmatically without moralistic dogma.

Nevertheless, warning taken.

#86674 - 04/22/14 07:06 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Adrian Savage]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Then let's be more forthright about your motives here. Since you glorify 'honesty' and all.

I wish I had a pig-heart for the truth like you do. /Sarcasm

Quote:
such judgments can be made for oneself purely pragmatically without moralistic dogma.

Tell me again about my duty.

#86678 - 04/22/14 08:16 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: SIN3]
Adrian Savage Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: SIN3
Then let's be more forthright about your motives here.

I call out bullshit. Doing so is a source of joy and provides immense fulfillment and satisfaction. Any public benefit is a spin-off. If you depend on bullshit it will get called. Got a problem with that?

I'm not a Deontologist so that's deflection at best. By all means, you decide that question. I will ask some of my own below:

Tell me about the duties you ascribe to others in terms of tolerance of your manipulation, exploitation and dishonesty, and your rights to such tolerance.

When said tolerance is not forthcoming and/or your lies are called out, how do you feel about getting angry (as if an injustice was committed or an entitlement not met), lashing out in a catty and spiteful manner, and resorting to backbiting and other assorted relational aggression?

Tell me about the duties you ascribe to others in terms of tolerance of that, and your rights to such tolerance.

Finally: Place yourself in the shoes of another (that part might be difficult for you) and, with sharp instincts, form a practical judgment based on rational self-interest. What would they make of you? Would you be judged worthy of trust?

#86680 - 04/22/14 08:39 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Adrian Savage]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Loc: El Mundo
Back to the topic at hand.

Older satanists would like younger satanists to know___ that with a little experience, you too can have an active online life full of drama and Unicode fisticuffs as demonstrated above.

That civil discourse is a true sign of nomianism - we must at all times be at each others throats.

That if you spend enough time in forums you *must* take it VERY seriously and VERY personally.

That it helps to air out your dirty laundry (and others while you're at it) for all to see. Settling differences in private is so mundane.

That sock-accounts are the "real" lesser magic.

That maturity and tact are for losers.

Edited by antikarmatomic (04/22/14 08:42 PM)

#86683 - 04/23/14 01:15 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: SIN3]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
I get your point in regards to my post that you were responding to. What it boils down to for me, is that I don't like the idea of using/abusing others even if it would benefit me. At this point if someone would look to me for guidance in some way, my preference would be to send them on their way and suggest that they figure things out for themselves, or find someone else, because I just don't want to be bothered, but I also wouldn't want to manipulate them.

I don't believe that I would feel good about achieving anything that was the result of negatively using others, or their ignorance.

My personal honor is worth far more then any reward that I could get by giving it up. I don't expect anyone else to live by my values or even to respect them. It has worked for me in the long run, it allows me to sleep very well at night and I prefer to deal with people who also have a strong honor code, even if it doesn't match my own.

If a person cannot be trusted to stand by their word, to the best of their ability, I can't respect them, no matter what their achievements might be.

However, I only desire to be honorable to those who have similar traits. The rest, if given a choice, I would rather not deal with at all.

Quote:
Do you join a philosophy? What's wrong with using pawns as a means to an end? Is there something immoral about doing so? Why are others entitled to your guidance?

I dunno As, this is the furthest thing from my 'Satanism' I can fathom. It would be like being a stage magician and revealing the trick out of a moral obligation to the audience.

Using your stage magician analogy; Generally I don't desire to be a performer. I may do magic tricks and enjoy sharing it with others, but mostly it will be for my own entertainment.

I don't believe one joins a philosophy. Instead a person develops their own, and attempts to find others who have similar views and then if they wish to do so, joins them.

If a person wants to use pawns as a means to an end, and it works for them, then that's their business. It's just not beneficial in the long run for me. I don't believe in morality or immorality as defined by others, I define it for myself.

No one is entitled to anything really, including the guidance of another. Guidance can be given or not given. It's up to each person to decide what they wish to do.

#86693 - 04/23/14 05:37 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: SIN3]
334forwardspin Offline

Loc: Las Vegas,NV United States
I kind of get his take, as a sort of 'code of honor'. Of course, when it comes to Satanism if a person swallows everything they are told by a 'mentor' whole, they pretty much did bring it on themselves if they were used. Blindly swallowing what a mentor says would go against a 'Satanic mindset'.

However, at times people may look to benefit from a 'teacher' by getting help, but not blind trust. With certain things, people 'mentoring' others is essential to keeping them going. I used to be in Air Conditioning School, while I wanted to understand the material for myself, I had to somewhat rely on my teacher's information to avoid electrocuting myself. I suppose knowing I may have to rely on others, makes me feel a sense of 'honor' so to speak, in not betraying the trust of others(only if they will show me the same honesty, of course)

No one is entitled to a person's guidance, but if I don't want to give guidance I would just decline the offer.

In my experience, there is little to gain from that kind of deception anyway. I've been involved in different fields where people are very willing to give advise, and people will 'cut you off' from needed help if they figure out you are a deceiver, and it should be discovered very quickly. If someone gives me information that could be used for a goal, I would want to verify through experience(or however else)for myself that it is true, and try to analyze it to see if it makes sense for myself. However, teachers can be useful for 'steering you in the right direction' so to speak. I actually enjoy giving advise though, and feel a sort of pride if someone uses my advise to succeed.

Of course, I'll only do this for those who would do the same for me.

Edited by 334forwardspin (04/23/14 05:56 AM)

#86706 - 04/23/14 11:05 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Asmedious]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Asmedious
I get your point in regards to my post that you were responding to. What it boils down to for me, is that I don't like the idea of using/abusing others even if it would benefit me.

Perhaps this needs context. Have you never manipulated a situation to your benefit? Say, a job interview or haggling with a sales person? I'm not sure when manipulation became a taboo to Satanists but it seems it to have become a negative trait, would you agree?

Quote:

At this point if someone would look to me for guidance in some way, my preference would be to send them on their way and suggest that they figure things out for themselves, or find someone else, because I just don't want to be bothered, but I also wouldn't want to manipulate them.

Fair enough but I don't think this would be the case with every single person you've come across. I'm sure if you searched your heart of hearts, you'd find some deeds in your past that manipulated another, even if only for practice or sport.

Quote:

I don't believe that I would feel good about achieving anything that was the result of negatively using others, or their ignorance.

Using my previous example, if it landed you the job or a fair price - wouldn't that feel good?

Quote:

My personal honor is worth far more then any reward that I could get by giving it up. I don't expect anyone else to live by my values or even to respect them. It has worked for me in the long run, it allows me to sleep very well at night and I prefer to deal with people who also have a strong honor code, even if it doesn't match my own.

Ah, so this would be personally wrangling with your conscience and feelings of guilt? Surely, in proper context this is not the case?

Quote:

If a person cannot be trusted to stand by their word, to the best of their ability, I can't respect them, no matter what their achievements might be.

I think there's a difference between giving your word (reliability) and Trust. For example, if I tell you I'll do something, you bet your ass I'll do it. It doesn't mean you have to trust me. The proof would be all you need to determine that I'm reliable. Everyone lies.

Quote:

However, I only desire to be honorable to those who have similar traits. The rest, if given a choice, I would rather not deal with at all.
This personal bias may also have negative affects such as missed opportunity.

Quote:

Using your stage magician analogy; Generally I don't desire to be a performer. I may do magic tricks and enjoy sharing it with others, but mostly it will be for my own entertainment.

I don't believe one joins a philosophy. Instead a person develops their own, and attempts to find others who have similar views and then if they wish to do so, joins them.

If a person wants to use pawns as a means to an end, and it works for them, then that's their business. It's just not beneficial in the long run for me. I don't believe in morality or immorality as defined by others, I define it for myself.

No one is entitled to anything really, including the guidance of another. Guidance can be given or not given. It's up to each person to decide what they wish to do.

So if you manage to land a job or haggle a decent price you would share that advice with others, ok. That's your prerogative. Retailers became hip to the coupon scam because they shared their trade secrets with others. Just sayin'

No one is entitled to learn the trick, the difference between a hack and a legendary magician.

#86707 - 04/23/14 11:13 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Adrian Savage]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Then let's be more forthright about your motives here.

I call out bullshit. Doing so is a source of joy and provides immense fulfillment and satisfaction. Any public benefit is a spin-off. If you depend on bullshit it will get called. Got a problem with that?

I'm not a Deontologist so that's deflection at best. By all means, you decide that question. I will ask some of my own below:

Tell me about the duties you ascribe to others in terms of tolerance of your manipulation, exploitation and dishonesty, and your rights to such tolerance.

When said tolerance is not forthcoming and/or your lies are called out, how do you feel about getting angry (as if an injustice was committed or an entitlement not met), lashing out in a catty and spiteful manner, and resorting to backbiting and other assorted relational aggression?

Tell me about the duties you ascribe to others in terms of tolerance of that, and your rights to such tolerance.

Finally: Place yourself in the shoes of another (that part might be difficult for you) and, with sharp instincts, form a practical judgment based on rational self-interest. What would they make of you? Would you be judged worthy of trust?

Me thinks he doth protest too much. Fairly obvious that you're still sore about being played at your own game. My advice? Since I'm playing tutor and all... Get over it. You got played.

At any rate, it's clear that you miss my attentions. Perhaps you can PM me and we can chat like the good ole days

Syke!

#86708 - 04/23/14 11:22 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: 334forwardspin]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: 334forwardspin
I kind of get his take, as a sort of 'code of honor'. Of course, when it comes to Satanism if a person swallows everything they are told by a 'mentor' whole, they pretty much did bring it on themselves if they were used. Blindly swallowing what a mentor says would go against a 'Satanic mindset'.

Agreed. Doesn't the idea of a 'Satanic Guru' just make you laugh your ass off? I mean seriously.

Quote:

However, at times people may look to benefit from a 'teacher' by getting help, but not blind trust. With certain things, people 'mentoring' others is essential to keeping them going. I used to be in Air Conditioning School, while I wanted to understand the material for myself, I had to somewhat rely on my teacher's information to avoid electrocuting myself. I suppose knowing I may have to rely on others, makes me feel a sense of 'honor' so to speak, in not betraying the trust of others(only if they will show me the same honesty, of course)

Teaching in an institution is a far cry from some guru type volunteering to be a mentor. Most people are self-concerned and certainly use the accessibility to 'minds' via the Internet for their own ends. Take Aquino for instance. He's providing his insights, advice, anecdotes, resources, and his charms for his own ends. It seems to be mutually beneficial to those that hang on his every word, so I don't think people mind some forms of manipulation. I'm not being snarky about it either, I have eyes.

Quote:

No one is entitled to a person's guidance, but if I don't want to give guidance I would just decline the offer.

Right, entitlements vs. because you happen to feel like answering a question or providing some useful info.

Quote:

In my experience, there is little to gain from that kind of deception anyway. I've been involved in different fields where people are very willing to give advise, and people will 'cut you off' from needed help if they figure out you are a deceiver, and it should be discovered very quickly. If someone gives me information that could be used for a goal, I would want to verify through experience(or however else)for myself that it is true, and try to analyze it to see if it makes sense for myself. However, teachers can be useful for 'steering you in the right direction' so to speak. I actually enjoy giving advise though, and feel a sort of pride if someone uses my advise to succeed.

We're a competitive species. Deception is key in getting ahead in a capitalist society. Unless of course you really believe all these industrious corporations have your best interests in mind. Take for example the Health Care Industry. Specific medications are extremely costly and beyond the reach of a specific economic class; yet, these pharmaceutical companies have to make their bottom line. To hell with the people that die for the lack of this much needed 'medicine'. Amirite? ;\)

#86717 - 04/23/14 12:57 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Asmedious]
Adrian Savage Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Asmedious

Well said. As applies to "real life": If you desire repeated contact with those of a certain standard of honor (determined by yourself), such as those who are trustworthy, it can be useful to show such traits yourself.

If you want to be trusted (by the non-credulous), it helps to act trustworthy. If you want good friends, it helps to be a good friend yourself - to cultivate the virtues of friendship - not for their own sake but for instrumental reasons.

The real issue here is not with manipulating and lying per se, but whether such are constrained within limits or done without restraint. The latter is analogous to going "full retard", and in the long term is likely to bite one in the proverbial. Compare Law #19 from the 48 Laws of Power for a case in point.

It's idiotic to trust someone who is excessively dishonest and manipulative, or worst still who brags about it and sees no big deal. Someone with such traits will find they only get long-term support from the gullible, and will soon find themselves called out. Of course they may still get support from the overly credulous. One born every minute as they say. Yet there's nothing dishonorable about someone with teeth engineering negative consequences against their will.

#86718 - 04/23/14 01:05 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Adrian Savage]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Quote:
If you want to be trusted (by the non-credulous), it helps to act trustworthy.

Acting being the operative word there. Much like this little act you're putting on here at 600c. Your character traits have proven otherwise, thus you were perma-banned for your (real life) actions in spite of your words.

Just sayin'

#86719 - 04/23/14 01:20 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: SIN3]
Adrian Savage Offline
stranger

Fairly obvious that you're still sore about being played at your own game.

More ad hominem rebuttals to points. Do they tend to work for you?

Ol' Anton used a term for this: "Solipsism". In this case, it refers to projecting your own game-playing and deceptive modus operandi onto others. Just because you tend to compulsively play certain games doesn't mean others are up to the same tricks, or have the same goals in mind.

Although it might feel good to keep telling yourself that.

Get over it. You got played.

Your planned retort to The Club, and not to mention all your real-life friends who are all disposable?

I see no reason to respect such game-players. It is immensely gratifying however to watch them fall.

Page 13 of 16 « First<1112131415>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.039 seconds of which 0.018 seconds were spent on 29 queries. Zlib compression disabled.