Page 5 of 16 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#24773 - 05/18/09 04:40 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Kn [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
There is a difference between being opposed to certain religions, and being opposed to "God".

Satanists only oppose "God" on a purely symbolic level, just as Satan's existence is also held to only be symbolic... because God and Satan do not literally exist. If I seriously believed myself to be "the enemy of God", then that would be acknowledging the existence of God (which is outright retarded).

So if you're a Satanist, there's no need to get your panties in a wad over a deity that doesn't exist. A lot of newbies do it, but that's mostly a result of going through the "i h8 god cuz devil is teh awesome HAIL STAN!!!1" phase exhibited by many younger satanists.

#24783 - 05/19/09 01:21 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Anthony West]
LaMaudite Offline
stranger

1. Stay off my yard. Fertilizer aint cheap punk.
2. Turn in down. I don't need to hear your hipity hop, I'm trying to listen to NPR.
3. Pull up your pants. You're going to trip and poke an eye out.
4. Slow down. 45mph on the freeway is plenty fast. Where are you in such a hurry to get to.
5. Use the phone at home like god intended. You'll catch the cancer with those things attached to your face.

That's all for now. Time for my medicine and foot soak.

#24800 - 05/19/09 02:21 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Dan_Dread]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
 Quote:
Satanism is not opposed to 'god', as that would be inconsistent with the idea of it being a religion of the carnal, the mundane and the earth. Once you are opposed to 'god', 'the devil' or any number of spirits,ghosts, demons, spooks and demigods (which all sit on the exact same epistemological playing field) you have left the realm of the real in which Satanism exists and entered the realm of the 'spiritual' which is in fact antithesis to the entire concept of what it is Satanism stands for.

I think there was a misunderstanding. What I meant by "opposed to god" was the opposition of the idea of a god, or what "god" stands for. I didn't mean teaming up with demons and acting against god.

Edited by Mike (05/19/09 02:21 PM)

#24807 - 05/19/09 10:33 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: LaMaudite]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
Are you really as stupid as you act or do you think this will make you popular?

Save this shit for your facebook. I hope that after the mods ban you they remove all your idiocy from the forums and thus erase any trace that you ever existed.

I am about as pissed off right now as I would be if you walked in my front door and took a shit on my living room floor. Your lack of respect for this forum and those who come here is appalling. If you have nothing of value to contribute, please save me the trouble of having to think up new and creative ways to insult you and show yourself to the door.

I've had it *up to here* with dipshits and poseurs.

Can someone give this infant a time out?

#24808 - 05/19/09 10:50 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: ceruleansteel]
lillith Offline
stranger

Loc: brisbane
mmm, its been a while since Ive been on here...
#24822 - 05/20/09 05:47 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: lillith]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
 Originally Posted By: lillith
mmm, its been a while since Ive been on here...

and i sometimes do math in my head.

SO WHAT.
if you have nothing to say...why hit the submit button?

#24826 - 05/20/09 09:52 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Anthony West]
Be Tame Offline
stranger

If everyone is so god damned different and independent, why the group hugging session?
Analogous to the economy at this time, if everyone is so correct in their thinking, why is everything so fucked up? How many MBAs does it take to screw in a light bulb?
If you are young, learn how to do something that is measured in dollars.
Satanism is The Satanic Bible. Move on from there.
When asking others for leadership, guidance and direction, you may want to ask what they have actually done as opposed to what they think.
I have been off and on here for ten years, too. There are knowledgeable people here.
Don't be thin skinned about responses. The stupid question is the question the experts were afraid to ask.
There is always going to be those that hover over the exchanges here ready to pounce and the inevitable parrot or two that chimes in. This is to be taken at face value as it provides nothing.
Learn what You can that has measured value and avoid the cultural constipation of satanists for the sake of Satanism.
I hate this analogy as I have a special needs child BUT, winning an argument on the internet is like winning a race in the special olympics. Even if You win You are still retarded.
I have kids that are more Satanic than most satanists.

#24921 - 05/23/09 04:04 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Kn [Re: The Zebu]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Quote:
There is a difference between being opposed to certain religions, and being opposed to "God".

Satanists only oppose "God" on a purely symbolic level, just as Satan's existence is also held to only be symbolic... because God and Satan do not literally exist. If I seriously believed myself to be "the enemy of God", then that would be acknowledging the existence of God (which is outright retarded).

I don't completely agree here. While Satanists of course don't oppose god directly, which would be ridiculous because there is no god to begin with and thus opposing nothing can't be seen as anything else but a waste of time, they oppose all things god, which is of a different nature. I try to see it as the difference between satan standing up to god, and thus failing and how the devil and his methods were seen ages ago; trying to destroy or corrupt god's work. And that is exactly what Satanism is about, besides having some joy in living too. We are at war with all things god, with all things sacred, and thus blasphemy and putting that in action should be seen as a satanic approach to life. The Satanic Bible is blasphemous in nature because it questions and thus attacks the sacred, whether it is religious, moral or societal. Now while there is a difference between questioning the sacred and outright attacking it, like burning churches, I do not necessarily look down upon the second method. And it is not a matter of legality because legality is nothing but society’s morality. It is there to stop those that grant it the power it in reality never possessed. Legality is an as sacred cow as morality if one does embrace it without thought. Of course there are repercussions to everything and I assume any satanist is wise enough to see the cost/benefit of any act he makes, or is smart enough to use those that don't have that level of intellect.

I agree that some acts are pretty meaningless at some levels and that burning a church as an example can be seen as destroying something beautiful, but this beautiful has been build upon the destruction of other things beautiful and while I can't deny that in that they exercised their might is right, those returning them the favor do so too. Now mind you, I am not advocating or rallying anyone to get their can of gasoline and go out there tonight, all I am saying is that it does bring a smile on my face.

In the end, each has to decide what his Will entails and it is dependent upon the very society that person lives in but no matter where, there will always be things sacred that can not be regarded as beyond doubt and thus being blasphemous towards those will be an essential part of your being. How far one takes this depends upon their own need.

D.

#25556 - 06/10/09 03:22 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Kn [Re: The Zebu]
Nightmare Offline
pledge

Loc: San Antonio TX
 Originally Posted By: The Zebu

Satanists only oppose "God" on a purely symbolic level, just as Satan's existence is also held to only be symbolic...

Yes there is a difference but a certain group of religions share the same ideas behind god. The Christians, Jews, Buddhists, and the Hindus all share the same idea, that 'be polite and love your enemy' bullshit. Therefore opposing god also includes several religions

#25585 - 06/11/09 05:52 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Kn [Re: Nightmare]
Third-Side Offline
stranger

Loc: Maine
To be opposed to religion means to be opposed to having many aspects of your life controlled or structured, structure that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the basic laws of man but more to do with supernatural nonsense that has never been proven real. To suffer consequences in an afterlife for taking part in the natural/carnal acts of man.

To be opposed to god would mean that you first have to believe in god (god as an all powerful being), I don't believe in god in a theistic sense but I have empowered myself in a Godly manner that leaves me in control of what certain religions would try to take from me.

#25600 - 06/13/09 03:59 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Kn [Re: Third-Side]
Atralux Lucis Offline
pledge

Loc: Australia
I just wanted to point out now, after reading a page of posts, that once again I see the blatant arrogance of the so-called people who have lived the philosophy. Well I doubt LaVey would throw a little bitch about people asking questions.

I understand that sometimes the persons question that have already been answered in the Satanic Bible can be insufferable, but even the questions that arent in any literature are shut down by more 'experienced satanists'.
And the whole purpose of this forum is for satanists to get other satanists opinions isnt it? or even for people new to it whether read the SB or not to find out more?
One thing I notice about Satanists aside me is that they put a massive veil over it so the philosophy isnt spread to anyone else. Is this some kind of way of keeping themselves special? I personally speak out about the philosophy all the time, whenever asked, or in a general conversation. I dont veil it, how else can other people find a philosophy that may be for them if they arent aware of its existence?
Basically, if someone, who has read the Satanic Bible, and wants to know more why not help them out rather than hinder their quest for knowledge?

#25607 - 06/13/09 12:06 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Kn [Re: Atralux Lucis]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
It's simply a matter of merit versus entitlement. Many come here expecting open arms and spoon feeding, which is in and of itself a critical misunderstanding of Satanic philosophy. By NOT accommodating every internet troll that believes they are a Satanist and NOT holding their hands as they try to figure out what it means to walk the left hand path, a lesson is in fact being imparted. Just not the one that was expected!

As Satanists are born, not made, only a certain type of person can truly wrap their head around what it is to be a Satanist, and fewer still are of the right cut to actually live it. Proselytizing is pointless as so few can ever 'get it' anyway. Cui Bono is a phrase that should be always kept in mind.

There is no 'fold' to bring people into. Those that belong here find THEIR OWN way here. Unfortunately, so do many others, but they are generally culled with due haste, and inevitably run off with a sore butt and a deflated ego.

#25617 - 06/13/09 08:05 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Kn [Re: Nightmare]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
Yes certain religions overlap with certain ideas about gods existence, but what do christians, jews, buddhists and hindu's have in common when it comes to their views on god? The "love your enemy" idea you're thinking of doesn't neccesarily have anything to do with god, it has more to do with certain religious dogma (10 commandments, ect.). To my knowledge not all buddhists even believe in a god, and hindus are polytheistic when jews and christians are monotheistic. Like The Zebu said, there's a difference between being opposed to a specific religion and being opposed to god. Many people are opposed to Islam right now, however not all of them are opposed to god. In fact, most of them are christians themselves. This is more or less a respect issue (as a generalization, most christians don't have any respect for other religions).

If one is opposed to God, it doesn't matter what religion your talking about. If it speaks of a God, no matter what else they teach (don't fight back, hold off from sex until marriage, blah blah blah) they're opposed to it from the start.

On another note, Satanism is an atheistic religion where there is no god, therefore a Satanist isn't technically in opposition with religion but the idea of a god.

#25665 - 06/15/09 01:45 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Kn [Re: Dan_Dread]
Third-Side Offline
stranger

Loc: Maine
 Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread
It's simply a matter of merit versus entitlement. Many come here expecting open arms and spoon feeding, which is in and of itself a critical misunderstanding of Satanic philosophy. By NOT accommodating every internet troll that believes they are a Satanist and NOT holding their hands as they try to figure out what it means to walk the left hand path, a lesson is in fact being imparted. Just not the one that was expected!

As Satanists are born, not made, only a certain type of person can truly wrap their head around what it is to be a Satanist, and fewer still are of the right cut to actually live it. Proselytizing is pointless as so few can ever 'get it' anyway. Cui Bono is a phrase that should be always kept in mind.

There is no 'fold' to bring people into. Those that belong here find THEIR OWN way here. Unfortunately, so do many others, but they are generally culled with due haste, and inevitably run off with a sore butt and a deflated ego.

Very well stated, as a matter-of-fact I haven't seen it stated in such a polite manner.......ever.

#25673 - 06/15/09 07:39 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Kn [Re: Mike]
Saligia Offline
stranger

Loc: Manchester, England
 Originally Posted By: Mike

On another note, Satanism is an atheistic religion where there is no god, therefore a Satanist isn't technically in opposition with religion but the idea of a god.

It's interesting that so many people consider Satanism to be atheistic in nature. I suppose it depends on how you interpret the Satanic Bible, but I got the impression that it doesn't matter whether you believe in god or not, what counts is that you understand that if god does exist, he's obviously none too concerned with humans.

I don't normally like to quote TSB as I feel that this is something that is very christian in nature. However, I think a lot of people seem to be ignoring this particular passage:

IT is a popular misconception that the Satanist does not believe in God. The concept of
"God", as interpreted by man, has been so varied throughout the ages, that the Satanist
simply accepts the definition which suits him best. Man has always created his gods,
rather than his gods creating him. God is, to some, benign - to others, terrifying. To the
Satanist "God" - by whatever name he is called, or by no name at all - is seen as the
balancing factor in nature, and not as being concerned with suffering. This powerful
force which permeates and balances the universe is far too impersonal to care about the
happiness or misery of flesh-and-blood creatures on this ball of dirt upon which we
live.

La Vey clearly states that the actual name applied to god is irrelevant and that God is ultimately subjective. What he doesn't do is make the claim that god doesn't exist, merely that god, being an essentially alien entity/force is too impersonal to warrant devotion.
Now I've always considered myself pantheistic. I would argue that "god" literally is everything rather than being a seperate entity controlling the universe. I suppose a crude analogy would be that everything in existence forms "god" in the same way that cells form an animal. I don't know if this god is conscious and I'd be inclined to say that even if it is conscious, it would most likely be far too alien for a human to interact with.
This is a difficult concept to explain in a manner I would be satisfied with and I'm well aware that certain members here will take issue with it. However, I've always thought that modern people lack the fantasy and mystery that can be gained through bizzare beliefs and concepts. My belief in both magic and this abstract form of god gives me excitement and enjoyment, it fulfills my basic need for wonder. After all, what's the point in following the left hand path if you don't enjoy yourself along the way?

Page 5 of 16 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.