Page 1 of 16 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#15615 - 12/06/08 11:29 AM Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know
Anthony West Offline
stranger

Loc: Germany
I understand that there are a lot of young Satanists on this site who do not know a particularly extensive amount on Satanism. I'm going to do what a Satanist of my stature shouldn't for a minute and speak for other Satanists for a minute.

I know we can be annoying because we sometimes annoy each other even, but we want to learn more about Satanism and what it really means.

Whether our ignorance on Satanism comes from not thoroughly reading the Satanic Bible or just ignoring reality, young minds often don't completely grasp Satanism what what it means.

Overall, we want to know what you older Satanists know and what you want us to know. Tell us experiences and what they mean to you and how they helped you grow in Satanism.

Thank you and Sincerely,

-Anth and fellow young Satanists

(P.S. If anyone is angered that I spoke for them, simply contact me and I'll reword this thread so I am only speaking for myself.)

#15626 - 12/06/08 04:12 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Anthony West]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Dude,

Heres some stuff....

Its not an age thing......
Its an intelligence thing.

If you cant handle the conversation, shut up and read until you can form a concrete thought that has a basis in reality.

Dont whine, and cry about what your parents make you do. We all had it rough to some degree, it either makes you stronger or you become a lifelong victim.

Satanists are not victims. We learn, adapt, and work to make things go our way.

If you want knowledge, go read a book, go read many books.
Expand your mind, dont settle to be just like everyone else.

Finish school, get a job, support yourself.
Be responsible for your choices and decisions.

Satanism is not a religion, its more than a philosophy. It just is something that is either in you or not.

Dont expect to be spoon fed or get instant gratification.

If you want something, work for it.

Your status, intelligence, stupidity, and worth is measured by how others read your thoughts. If you write like an ass, your an ass. A black sheep is still a sheep.

There is a lot of information on this site, go forth and read.

Good Luck,

Morgan

PS:
D is right.

Peace is a lie.
That happy contented shit stops growth and development.
Ever see stupid people, they are always smiling and happy because they are too stupid to know any better.

Internal no peace, war within yourself to get the most out of yourself. Besides, the human animal really knows no peace.

Most Satanists aren't into the warm and fuzzy hippy tree hugging shit.

Morgan

Edited by Morgan (12/06/08 04:51 PM)
Edit Reason: added the ps bit

#15638 - 12/06/08 08:46 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Anthony West]
Picunnus Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
We don't WANT you to know anything. We're not sitting here yearning to explain our wisdom, if only some suitable candidate would come along. I can't speak for others, but I myself get on this site every day hoping to interact with others that have been doing this awhile. Maybe even someone who I could learn something from. The questions that new people ask are so repetetive that talking to them becomes extremely tedious - like reading a script everyday that they probably won't retain or understand. That's why people say to you that even though you don't feel like you're being predictable, you are. You just don't know it because it's new to YOU. When it's not new, when you've lurked on these pages day after day hoping someone interesting will take the time to post something because YOU know from experience that it's highly unlikely you'll find stimulating conversation in your "real" life - when you get to that point, you will surely notice that new people always say the same thing (with small variations)!! At this point, you will understand what they mean when they rebuke you with "don't feed the trolls!"

On a side note, (Morgan) I am a tree hugger. Why would I want the view from my window to be ugly? I just better not see any fucking people out there. I am NOT a people hugger.

#15641 - 12/06/08 09:08 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Picunnus]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
I only have one thing to say to young people that think they are Satanists:Most of you are not now, nor will you ever be Satanists.

Have a nice day.

#15646 - 12/06/08 10:24 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Picunnus]
Phaethon Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Picunnus
That's why people say to you that even though you don't feel like you're being predictable, you are. You just don't know it because it's new to YOU. When it's not new, when you've lurked on these pages day after day hoping someone interesting will take the time to post something because YOU know from experience that it's highly unlikely you'll find stimulating conversation in your "real" life - when you get to that point, you will surely notice that new people always say the same thing (with small variations)!! At this point, you will understand what they mean when they rebuke you with "don't feed the trolls!"

Ah, so there is a benefit to being new it seems. After a while, it gets stale here. That's all the more reason for people to make the most of their time here before it gets to be too mundane.
And are you suggesting that those who are new here make absolutely sure what they are saying is completely new to everyone? Because the last person to say something coherent yet new to the world was George Carlin.
I can understand hatred towards those who are new and posting threads like "what is Satanism" or "lol I hate christians," but it is no easy task for people to say something that hasn't been said before. All they can do is check to see if a thread has been made along the same lines.

#15647 - 12/06/08 10:29 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Phaethon]
Picunnus Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I didn't say it gets stale here. If that's what you took from what I said, you didn't get it. Your reply is tiresome.

Keep my name out yo mouth!

#15650 - 12/06/08 11:34 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Picunnus]
Phaethon Offline
pledge

I didn't mean completely stale. But Satanism (and the 600 club) are more exciting usually when its new to a person. That may be many people's downfall, when they are so excited they get stupid about it.

So I retract that staleness comment, instead may I say that it simply ferments? No longer the sweet bliss at the beginning, but eventually becomes stingily bitter yet rewarding?

Meaning such: when something is new to someone, it sometimes seems better. Many new satanists are so enveloped with the existence of it that it is a pseudo orgasmic experience just to say something. After a while, the magic is gone, and all that's left is the conversations that you cant have anywhere else. That isn't as good to some.

Its just that beginners drunkenness that is what makes some people act so stupid by comparison. All I (as well as other admited bumbling newbies) can do is try not to seem like a complete moron and continually grow in the process.

#15656 - 12/07/08 12:19 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Phaethon]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Phaethon

So I retract that staleness comment, instead may I say that it simply ferments? No longer the sweet bliss at the beginning, but eventually becomes stingily bitter yet rewarding?

A lot of the problem is that when new people come on to this or some other site, they expect those who they find there to just stop and catch them up on what things are all about. Consider this... A new person (let's use you, just as an example, not pointing fingers) comes on and tells me (not asks), "OK, so if Satanism isn't about worshipping Satan, why do they call it Satanism, because Satan..." I take the time to answer it... AGAIN... ten minutes later, someone else comes on and tells me (not asks), "OK, so if Satanism isn't about worshipping Satan, why do they call it Satanism, because Satan..."

I don't know what your favorite song is, but think about what it would be like if you were expected to recite it word for word, whenever anyone asks you to do it, 24 hours a day; while on the toilet, while watching a movie, while trying to work on a complicated task, while sick, while in the middle of a sports contest....

Looking at your profile, I see you're 16. I joined The Church of Satan before you were born. In fact, I joined the Church of Satan probably when your parents were preschoolers. How many times in three decades (plus) do you think I've been asked that same question by someone who thinks that I owe them the answer simply because I have it and they want to know?

Even a favorite song gets stale after you've sung it for over 35 years when someone just feels like they want to know what the words are. Pretty soon, you tell them, "Buy the goddamn record." That's why many of the "old timers" tell the newbies, "Read the goddamn book."

#15658 - 12/07/08 12:40 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Jake999]
Phaethon Offline
pledge

I don't see why people would be here if they haven't read the book unless they are undercover Christians or morons who are convinced that we eat babies.
But there is a difference between stupidity and a genuine questioning. The stupid expect you to teach them just because. Those who are smart should offer some kind of discussion, if they can't find their answers though a medium that wont get pissed at them. People need to get off their high horse and stop bothering people. The world would be better if humans had rattling tails and flashing fangs to ward off the weak and pesty.

Maybe their should be a basic quiz to fill out in order to register. If someone fails, they shouldn't be able to even attempt to register for this site.

#15660 - 12/07/08 12:59 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Phaethon]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Phaethon
Maybe their should be a basic quiz to fill out in order to register. If someone fails, they shouldn't be able to even attempt to register for this site.

Who's "basic quiz?" If you took MY basic quiz, there's a very distinct possibility that you wouldn't be here. Questions like: "What plank of Pentagonal Revisionism might be seen as the emersion of the Satanist into self exile in the working world?", or "Explain why a runner in a woman's stocking plays into the Law of the Forbidden, and how can this be used in Lesser Magical operations?" See, to ME, these are pretty basic questions on LaVeyan Satanism... just scratching the surface. So, who's to choose the questions that allow participation, or make it an elitist club that sooner or later becomes a mutual admiration society or a bunch of "self elevated" monkish boors contemplating their own navels?

#15661 - 12/07/08 01:12 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Jake999]
Phaethon Offline
pledge

The kind of stuff that you said you've been asked a billion times. I doubt you get hoards of newbies asking you about Pentagonal Revisionism. If you make the questions too specific, you will only get the wise and experienced in here. That may be ideal for you and many others, but not so much for those still learning.
Simple questions would at least keep out the lazy and the intolerant. At least those who wont do enough of their own research before crying for daddy to explain.

#15664 - 12/07/08 03:52 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Phaethon]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
we did the quiz thing years ago, and then we had to find the time to grade the papers, so to speak.
the current system works. open registrations, freedom to ask, contribute, or lurk, removal of trolls and assholes.
if a user sticks around and is interesting, articulate, and makes an effort we give them access to other sections of the board.

yes, this is a discussion forum like thousands of others on the internet, but many of us have been here, for better or worse, for 10 years.
no one "hates" new people.
we would lock this place down and sit and scheme and pontificate amongst ourselves for another decade if that were the case.

new people just need to realize that this is not a satanic outreach and information depot.

#15667 - 12/07/08 04:19 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Bacchae]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Bacchae
new people just need to realize that this is not a satanic outreach and information depot.

Excellent way to bring it home. Thanks

#15674 - 12/07/08 06:54 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Jake999]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

To me the youngsters here are a necessary evil. It's a wave that has to be endured to occasionally encounter a pearl between the swines. That might sound hard but such is reality.

All too often we are exposed to people and their questions that can easily be solved by them doing some effort. Questions like satanists and devilworship and the likes can easily be answered by checking out what Satanism is. There is plenty of info online somewhere.
I expect anyone that logs here to have, at least, some basic knowledge about Satanism and if not, to stick to 101.
What's the use of joining a forum you have no clue about?

Besides that, I don't feel inclined to teach anyone anything. I might debate something and say my thing, I might put my foot down on what I consider stupid but that's it. I'm no Buddha waiting for pupils to guide them to Nirvana.
I don't believe you can save them that can't save themselves.
People that expect such are confused and should find a saviour somewhere else.

D.

#15691 - 12/07/08 12:18 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Diavolo]
Anthony West Offline
stranger

Loc: Germany
Thankyou! Especially Morgan and Picunnus for your input that pertains to the topic!

Especially Morgan. I'm sticking to my peace bullshit, but I understand your logic.

Page 1 of 16 12345>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.