Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#15617 - 12/06/08 01:32 PM A Section of Essays, Articles, and Book Excerpts
Anthony West Offline
stranger

Loc: Germany
Like the title implies, I'd like to see a section specifically for things such as Essays, Articles, and Book Excerpts.

I'm a fan of such things and would like to read them. I noticed that a lot of members on this site are perfectly capable of writing them, so why not give them a section for them to post them? (Rhetorical question not meant to challenge authority.)

I'm about to finish an essay on enlightenment and what it is in my eyes and would like to have a specific place to post it.

Thankyou!
-Anth

#15692 - 12/07/08 12:22 PM Re: A Section of Essays, Articles, and Book Excerpts [Re: Anthony West]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Wouldn't "Books, Media, and Literature" seem like a fitting place for these types of works? Or perhaps if the essay is geared towards a specific topic, one of the other sections might be appropriate. The Philosophy section has several.

#15695 - 12/07/08 12:36 PM Re: A Section of Essays, Articles, and Book Excerpts [Re: Anthony West]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
NO! We have been there and done that, and frankly, no one here wants to read someone else's endless postulations. Just because one person wants it does not mean everyone else does.

You haven't been on here long enough to have garnered the respect of the older members, where they would actually take the time to read your essay and give you their opinions.

The responses you've gotten from the first essay you posted should give you an idea about how we feel about your "work".

#15696 - 12/07/08 12:46 PM Re: A Section of Essays, Articles, and Book Excerpts [Re: Nemesis]
Anthony West Offline
stranger

Loc: Germany
*puts hands above head*

Whoa whoa whoa! Gotcha! Major overkill! Not like I pushed the idea with additional posts and comments or anything!

Anyways, thanks for taking a look.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.017 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 17 queries. Zlib compression disabled.