Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#15680 - 12/07/08 11:00 AM Enlightenment and How to Reach It~Essay
Anthony West Offline
stranger

Loc: Germany
(Note: This is merely enlightenment in my eyes, but I do want some constructive criticism on the matter. Feel free to express yourself and tear me apart so I know how to appeal to you in my next essay.)

Now time for the short essay:

Enlig​htenm​ent and How to Reach​ It
By Antho​ny West

Often​,​ we becom​e more than liter​ally lost in our concr​ete jungl​es.​ The creat​ions of our minds​ often​ stand​ in the way of what we are tryin​g to achie​ve and re-​achie​ve.​ Our daily​ activ​ities​ const​antly​ will chang​e our inner​ thoug​hts about​ some of even the most commo​n of thoug​hts and expre​ssion​s.​ Our man-​made emoti​ons that cloud​ our minds​,​ heart​s,​ and souls​ slowl​y fall from grace​ and end up in a place​ where​ there​ is no light​ to guide​ us on our path to self-​disco​very and, ultim​ately​,​ enlig​htenm​ent itsel​f.​

A const​ant cycle​ deves​tates​ our futur​e plans​;​ that cycle​ is repet​ition​.​ Why do we live like we'​ll be alive​ tommo​row?​ Why do you put of for tommo​row what we can get done today​?​ And why don'​t we reali​ze that tommo​row might​ not come?​

There​ is no concr​ete proof​ that the sun will rise and set as it norma​lly does.​ The close​st thing​ to such a conce​pt is that it has happe​ned every​ day befor​e now. The light​ that shine​s upon the land and allow​s our plant​s to grow and our eyes to see might​ not come.​ Altho​ugh one can be sure that it will come and conti​nue to allow​ passa​ge for eyesi​ght,​ one can never​ be reall​y sure that such a thing​ will occur​.​

Concr​ete jungl​es cloud​ our minds​ and heart​s.​

Enlig​htenm​ent is not a far-​away conce​pt.​ Like Heave​n and Hell,​ enlig​htenm​ent is a state​ that can be exper​ience​d here on Earth​.​ Enlig​htenm​ent is not an ascen​sion to anoth​er plan,​ like so many seem to think​.​ It is merel​y a state​ of mind and emoti​on.​

Enlig​htenm​ent is the reali​zatio​n that there​ might​ not be no tommo​row.​ A const​ant good diet,​ regul​ar worko​ut routi​ne,​ and praye​r will have no effec​t again​st rusty​ bulle​ts,​ poiso​ned by cups of arsen​ic,​ and getti​ng hit my a fast vehic​le.​ It's worth​less to think​ that such habit​s will "​save"​ you or allow​ you to live a momen​t longe​r than you curre​ntly will live.​

Get used to yours​elf,​ becau​se what you are is what you allwa​ys will be. Your physi​cal body may have gone throu​gh dynam​ic chang​es durin​g its teen years​,​ your mind may grow from learn​ing and exper​ience​,​ but you will alway​s be who you are. Not a drug,​ ritua​l,​ spell​,​ or thoug​ht can ever chang​e that.​

If you are homos​exual​,​ cry out that you are. If you are viole​nt,​ screa​m that,​ that is what you are like.​ If you have menta​l disor​ders,​ deman​d that other​s respe​ct them.​ If you are rejec​ted,​ stand​ outsi​de the crowd​,​ tall and proud​.​ Be proud​ of who you are, who you'​ve becom​e,​ and who you will be, for it is you, and nothi​ng can chang​e that.​

The world​ moves​ on, you can move with it, or you can stand​ alone​ and watch​ it pass by. Movin​g with it has it's benef​its,​ but watch​ing it pass by has its lesso​ns.​

Rejec​tion is a part of life,​ embra​ce it. Every​ great​ mind in histo​ry was (at first​)​ put out and hated​,​ but was later​ seen as an ingen​ius form of thoug​ht.​ Peopl​e like Socra​tes,​ Jesus​ of Nazar​eth,​ and Mousi​allin​i were put to death​ for their​ ideas​.​ Altho​ugh some of them were remai​ned hated​,​ their​ chang​es in the posit​ive realm​ were unden​iable​.​

Enlig​htenm​ent is not a state​ of exist​ance in a "​peace​ful"​ realm​ where​ nothi​ng can go wrong​,​ it is a state​ of mind that is very real here on Earth​.​ No matte​r who you are, what you'​ve done,​ or what you belie​ve,​ you can reach​ enlig​htenm​ent by openi​ng your eyes and seein​g the world​ aroun​d you. Hatre​d,​ intol​eranc​e,​ and anger​ give you enorm​ous stren​gth that is amazi​ng beyon​d all reaso​n,​ but, like fire,​ it burns​ itsel​f out of exist​ance and (​event​ually​)​ creat​es a new, darke​r place​.​ Simpl​e peace​ and sight​ give you a more produ​ctive​ lifes​tyle than hatre​d and anger​ do.

Come to peace​ with yours​elf and the world​ aroun​d you. The world​ chang​es,​ but comin​g to peace​ with a chang​ing world​ is the best of tasks​ one can acomp​lish.​ The mere act of this is stunn​ing and amazi​ng beyon​d all reaso​n.​ The unden​iable​ truth​ is that hatre​d and anger​ throw​ you into progr​ess,​ but halt any attem​pts beyon​d that.​ Comin​g to peace​ with the world​ is the true way to creat​e a realm​ of harmo​ny here on Earth​.​

Screa​m out to the world​ who you are, for that is all you will ever be. Come to peace​ with yours​elf,​ for that is all who you will ever be. Reali​ze the world​ for what it truly​ is, for that is all that it will ever be. Now is now; you'​re livin​g in the futur​e.​ The best way to creat​e a passi​on for yours​elf is to come to peace​ with yours​elf.​ Take respo​nsiti​bilit​y for your actio​ns,​ you can'​t take them back.​ Don'​t drown​ yours​elf in regre​t,​ you'​ll get over it. Most of all, look into the mirro​r and see yours​elf,​ for that is all that you will ever be.

#15683 - 12/07/08 11:39 AM Re: Enlightenment and How to Reach It [Re: Anthony West]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Wow it's both unrealistic feel good claptrap AND self-deprecating defeatism all rolled into one. Reading this made me want to vomit a little.

Quote:

Our man-​made emoti​ons that cloud​ our minds​,​ heart​s,​ and souls​ slowl​y fall from grace​ and end up in a place​ where​ there​ is no light​ to guide​ us on our path to self-​disco​very and, ultim​ately​,​ enlig​htenm​ent itsel​f.​

Man made emotions? Are you kidding? Emotion is innate, biological, not created. Trying to struggle against them like a fly in a web gets you nowhere fast.

Quote:

Enlig​htenm​ent is the reali​zatio​n that there​ might​ not be no tommo​row.​

Might not be no tomorrow...eliminate the double negative here and this says 'there might be a tomorrow'. Ok and? I fail to see how this could be enlightening to anyone. So living like there might be no tomorrow is 'enlightened'? I would call it naive myself. The future is something very real and ignoring it because you might get hit by a bus tomorrow seems the height of stupidity.

Quote:

Come to peace​ with yours​elf and the world​ aroun​d you.

Are you fucking kidding? Coming to peace with yourself is a road only to complacence and stagnation. Through conflict, both internal and external, is the only way forward. The world is full of people content with their lot, content to be average and do nothing of worth. This very 'good enough' attitude is what Satanism stands opposed to!

Quote:

Comin​g to peace​ with the world​ is the true way to creat​e a realm​ of harmo​ny here on Earth​.​

A realm of harmony? What are you the dhali llama now? Should we all join hands and start singing around the camp fire? Is this a joke?

Quote:

Screa​m out to the world​ who you are, for that is all you will ever be.

Such a defeatist attitude reeks of mediocrity. Somehow I think this might be true of you, though.

If this is any indication of your beliefs, please stop using the label Satanist imediately and go away. If you are this far from the mark now, no amount of reading or explaining will ever make you understand.

These are not the words of a born Satanist.

#15684 - 12/07/08 11:43 AM Re: Enlightenment and How to Reach It [Re: Dan_Dread]
Anthony West Offline
stranger

Quote:
A realm of harmony? What are you the dhali llama now? Should we all join hands and start singing around the camp fire? Is this a joke?

I particularly liked this comment.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback. No, I will not leave. The Philosophy of Satanism is the closest thing comfort I've ever felt, thanks for the advice though.

Anyways, mind tearing it up a bit more?

#15686 - 12/07/08 11:52 AM Re: Enlightenment and How to Reach It [Re: Dan_Dread]
Jake999 Offline

Yeah... ok.

SATANIC it's not. It's all pretty much the reworking of new-agey everybody hold hands and sing Kumbaya, we're all dust in the wind genre of pop philosophy. There are a lot of places on the web where things like this thrive... generally amongst the angst-ridden teens and the new age crones. It's likely to find very little acceptance amongst Satanists.

Nowhere is Satanism about "this is what I am and it's all I can ever be."

#15687 - 12/07/08 12:02 PM Re: Enlightenment and How to Reach It [Re: Jake999]
Anthony West Offline
stranger

Gotcha.

I'll take another look at the Satanic Bible and try to find SOMETHING that will support my philosophy on this. It'll probably be worthless though. \:\)

Anyways, thanks Jake999.

#15697 - 12/07/08 01:09 PM Re: Enlightenment and How to Reach It~Essay [Re: Anthony West]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

This is hippieshit and should be accompanied by ďthe age of Aquariusí while reading.
Like Dan said, itís an instruction manual to achieve mediocrity, a concept totally at war with Satanism.
Love me the way I am, demand respect for being a loonie?
Respect is something earned, you canít demand respect. If you donít get it, odds are you are doing something horribly wrong.
I canít even write more words upon this. Itís plain and utter crap and has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with Satanism.
Satanism is war at all levels, a struggle.

I suggest you drop the SB for a second and read 'Might is Right' or Nietzsche.

D.

#15699 - 12/07/08 01:38 PM Re: Enlightenment and How to Reach It [Re: Anthony West]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
 Quote:
I'll take another look at the Satanic Bible and try to find SOMETHING that will support my philosophy on this.

Satanism isn't about "supporting" anyones personal philosophy. It is a philosophy of its own, and either one accepts the basic tenents of it, or not.

Your essay is fine in describing your own ideas, and I think that you did a decent job writing it. But it simply is not a Satanic idea, as previously mentioned.

However, don't feel discouraged. Hopefully, you are still learning, and discovering things, and trying new ideas out. Many of us are, it's part of evolving; which takes a life time. Sometimes we come full circle with our ideas.

As for re-reading TSB: Instead go into the section here, where people talk about books, and discuss what they found to be valuable material for them, and see if you can aquire some of those titles, either in the library, used book store, or online.

The TSB is a great starting point for many, but if you have read it once or twice, that should be sufficient. Unlike the other bible, there are no hidden meanings and double talk, that one has to attempt to decipher. Actually, neither does the xtian bible. That's straight forward too, people just can't accept it for what it is. A story, writen a long time ago, in an attempt to explain things, that were unexplainable to many back in those days.

#15700 - 12/07/08 01:54 PM Re: Enlightenment and How to Reach It [Re: Asmedious]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I guess Asmedious is right. He almost makes me feel bad for being hard. Almost I said.

Seriously man, start reading up and forget the idea that Satanism can be stretched beyond limitations. At one point Satanism stops being Satanism and if this essay is an integral part of your philosophy, your philosophy isn't Satanism. I don't know if it comes from a lack of knowledge upon Satanism or is one of those cases where people think that imagination is the limit. I assume it is the first.

Go go read up and don't start creating new philosophies when you don't grasp the old.

D.

#15715 - 12/07/08 04:53 PM Re: Enlightenment and How to Reach It [Re: Diavolo]
Anthony West Offline
stranger

*sits down and thinks for a moment*

I think ya'll have some valid points, in fact, I know you do.

Don't even get close to feeling bad about being hard, Diavolo, learning is never soft or fun.

I'll go do some reading and then re-write this essay, hopefully.

(Shoot my down if I'm wrong.)
By my understanding about Satanism, individualism plays a large part in it as well. Ideas will always clash, unfortunately, here's one of mine that clashes with the majority of "Satanist" ideals.

#15718 - 12/07/08 05:42 PM Re: Enlightenment and How to Reach It [Re: Anthony West]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Of course individualism plays a big role in Satanism, I might even call it egocentrism, but too many people make the mistake to think that because something is individualistic that everything that individual prefers or thinks or incorperates by definition is a part of his Satanism.

It's not because it is accepted by an individual that it is therefor in touch with Satanism and although there is some room to play around, some mixtures just don't work. Your idea or ideal doesn't only clash with the majority of satanist ideals -although I prefer not to walk the path of idealism- it also clashes with the core of Satanism itself. That's the main problem.

D.

#15719 - 12/07/08 05:53 PM Re: Enlightenment and How to Reach It [Re: Diavolo]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Exactly D.

This is why we say Satanists are born, not made. If you don't naturally agree with the brutal, selfish, egocentric, discriminatory philosophy of Satanism as presented in works such as 'might makes right', 'Beyond Good and Evil', 'the 48 laws of power', the prince, and especially The Satanic Bible, in your flesh and your bones, deep down, then you aren't a Satanist.

If you have to bend the philosophy to fit your beliefs, you are not a Satanist.

If your core beliefs run contrary to the sort of social darwinism that is Satanism, you are not a Satanist.

You, Anthony, are not a Satanist.

#15723 - 12/07/08 06:30 PM Re: Enlightenment and How to Reach It [Re: Anthony West]
Fabiano Offline

Well, I read your text, checked your profile, and so I guess that at 17 it one of the first drafts of your representation of the world, probably doubled by some "enlightment" experience your try to report. Teens are often idealist. As Amedious advised, review your copy (again and again).

For sure Satanism is about individualism and each of us have our own personal views. But we're consitent as much as we can.
Re-read your text, you'll see it's contradictory, the first contradiction being to label it as Satanist!

Your ideas are still confused, probably something cloud your mind and heart.

You say but you will always be who you are . Now the question is, who are you? Is it clear to you? What will indeed be always the same?

You say also "for it is you, and nothing can change that"
You're sure? Not even you? You're supposed to be your own God and your not even able to change that?

Good work !

#15727 - 12/07/08 08:33 PM Re: Enlightenment and How to Reach It~Essay [Re: Anthony West]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Maybe your just not a Satanist, but in love with the idea of maybe being one.

I think the guys have made some really valid points.

If you were really enlightened, you would have no reason to/feeling the need to defend yourself.

There is nothing wrong with being who you are, and trying to learn more about yourself. I just dont see how a self-indulgent, rightous, elitist philosophy goes hand in hand with your self acceptance of medioricy.

Enlightenment does not come from a fear of the future. Enlightenment comes through experience, knowledge, and self-acceptance of who you are inside at the ulgy inner core of being.

"Rejection is a part of life accept it."
Fuck that shit, go and get/go after what you want. Have an inner drive to motavate you. Go get what you want. Never accept second best, strive for more.

Respect is earned and never freely given.

"come to peace with yourself"
May I never come to peace, may I never be complete.
I'll have the silence of the grave for my peace when the time never comes.

Passion is not found through peace.
True passion comes through fighting, blood, tears, pain, and high emotions. Passion makes you feel. You feel love, hate, wrath, sexual overload.

Keep your peace, I'll take my passions.

In the height of passionate sexual overload sometimes you may feel enlightened, or just pass the fuck out.

Whatever gets you through the night, but honestly Anthony...
I think you might be an agonistic pagan.

Morgan

#15746 - 12/08/08 05:36 AM Re: Enlightenment and How to Reach It~Essay [Re: Morgan]
Fabiano Offline

Just a 2 cents remark Morgan,

"come to peace with yourself" There is a part of truth in it if viewed as being consistent with oneself. For instance, if I set some of my goals but feel some sort of culpability because they'd be egecentric, immoral, etc then I would not be in peace with myself. I would have to redefine them or question my feeling about them,etc.
Only when I'm ready to fully accept the consequences and results of my goals I can developp the necessary power and will to reach them...

So Anthony, what's your goal (don't tell me, keep it for yourself)? Do you want to be in harmony with everybody , how much of your personal desires are you ready to sacrifice on this altar? Or do you want to enjoy life and fullfill your own desires? And then, are you ready to scacrify some "harmony" for this?
You can't have the butter and the money of the butter. Choosing is renouncing. Be sure you will no regret what you renounced to.

A little bit as in "If you were really enlightened, you would have no reason to/feeling the need to defend yourself."

#15754 - 12/08/08 12:39 PM Re: Enlightenment and How to Reach It~Essay [Re: Fabiano]
Anthony West Offline
stranger

Quote:
I think you might be an agonistic pagan.

I think you might be right on this, Morgan.

Who knows? Maybe I am, maybe I'm not.

Someday, I may find the answer to this question, or I might not.

In the end, you die, and that's the end of it. No afterlife, no second chances, you can never really take back what you've done.

Anyways, I'm most likely going to go back and forth on this idea. True, I am young and have more than enough learn about life and its workings. My ideas will change in the future, or they might remain consistent. Who knows?

Basically, I'll most likely re-write this essay and see what I spit out. It might fit the beliefs of other Satanists, it might not.

-Anth

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.032 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.