Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#15776 - 12/08/08 05:26 PM 48
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I'm not sure if it has ever been posted here but for them not familiar with them:

D.

#15778 - 12/08/08 05:36 PM Re: 48 [Re: Diavolo]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Great stuff!

I would include Robert Green as essential reading for any up and coming Satanist.'The 48 laws of power' is among the most influential and useful books I have ever read. Certainly on my top ten.

Also look for 'The art of Seduction' which reads, as this does, as a treatise on lesser magic and manipulation.

#15780 - 12/08/08 05:38 PM Re: 48 [Re: Diavolo]
Jake999 Offline

DETERIORATA

#15786 - 12/08/08 06:45 PM Re: 48 [Re: Jake999]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this from The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? For some reason, I thought of that as soon as I heard this song.

#15788 - 12/08/08 07:11 PM Re: 48 [Re: Diavolo]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Never outshine the master? What master is this guy speaking of? I am the only master that I know of, and I am constantly striving to outshine myself.

Scratch that question. I just went and looked up the 48 Laws of Power....interesting stuff.

http://www2.tech.purdue.edu/cgt/courses/cgt411/covey/48_laws_of_power.htm

Edited by 6Satan6Archist6 (12/08/08 07:29 PM)
Edit Reason: answered my own question

#15802 - 12/08/08 11:10 PM Re: 48 [Re: Diavolo]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Very nice find. I would suggest you have the goods to back up some of them. A few smelled of using smoke and mirrors. A great diversion tactic. However, once the smoke goes out or one of the mirrors is broken, then the ruse is revealed. And unless you can prove yourself or get another mirror in place, you begin to crumble.

#15808 - 12/09/08 12:26 AM Re: 48 [Re: fakepropht]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
i borrowed this book years ago, and never finished it, because it seemed so obvious and it didnt hold my attention for long. maybe i will give it another shot, as many respectable people seem to really enjoy it.
i have never sat down and codified my own modus operandi, or systematic approach of salvation through domination, but I find that I have always followed most of these "rules" instinctively.

yesterday though, and continuing on throughout today, I broke a couple big ones. i almost got fired, and almost caught a ROYAL assbeating. i said too much, I got all altruistic and stuck up for a co-worker, and I utterly humiliated my boss in front of everyone. and I mean bad. as he stood up and all 6'6 and 375 pounds of old school biker head crusher filled my vision, all I could do was think..ok dont let him break the arms or the hands. because thats the sort of things he does.

and then, i threw another rule in the there. rule number #49, when faced with immanent physical annihilation, crack a damn joke already. if youre about to have your head removed, you might as well go down laughing.

he didnt laugh, but he smirked. I didnt back down, and he didnt lose face in front of his crew, because really, most of that stuff is just about being macho anyway. it was a point of pride, and proving said point, that got me into it, and it was his need for absolute respect in front of his employees that prevented him from being rational or understanding.

we ended the day sitting on the bench sipping some tasty lattes and talking shit about the armenians next door.

#15833 - 12/09/08 11:01 AM Re: 48 [Re: Bacchae]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
I have the book as well, but for some reason, it did not “click “ with me as other titles have. Sometimes I think that I’ve pretty much have heard or read all the inspirational things out there.

It’s kind of unfortunate for me, because I miss that feeling of “OH FUCK YEAH!!” while reading some books. Now it’s more of a feeling like “Yup, know it...know it...know it..done it....read it...heard it.”

I can sure relate to breaking some of those rules though. Especially the one about sticking up for co-workers who will not do it for themselves, and making my boss feel like the idiot that she truly is.

I was in the planning phase, of writing a formal report and complaint against her, and really giving her a written beating down. However, I opted for the easy way out, and just got a transfer away from her evil ways. Christian evil that is. You know, under handed, back stabbing stuff. Not the Satanic Evil of in your face, up front, and reality oriented.

Unlike your boss, who’s willing to confront you in front of others, and at least act like he’s ready, and willing to kick your ass; my boss would simply nod, smile and thank you for the information, then fuck you in the ass a few months down the line, and petty you to death. Kind of like Chinese water torture using paper and pen, and a big fat ass.
Can you tell that I can’t stand her?

#15834 - 12/09/08 11:02 AM Re: 48 [Re: Bacchae]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Most of it is obvious yeah and some of it only situational but there is a lot that applies to work or interacting with others in general.
I can't say I never fucked up against those rules. I also stuck up for others in the past and goddamn, the only one fucking himself is indeed the altruist. And the ones you save the day for usually mess up sonner or later, or try to fuck you.

D.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 22 queries. Zlib compression disabled.