Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#19245 - 01/28/09 10:55 PM Re: Vampires? [Re: Butterz]
Succubus666 Offline

Originally Posted By: Butterz
Kindess is weakness and I will use it to my advantage every chance I can.

Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates.

Satan represents responsibility to the responsible, instead of concern for psychic vampires.

Can you not see how self-defiling it is to claim that people are being kind to you out of choice rather than necessity, and your response to that is to take advantage of them in every possible way? Most of the Satanists I know will begin a relationship with a stranger at least being respectful to them and will only become disrespectful after having been treated negatively. Youíre just treated people negatively for the hell of it. Thatís not good karma, itís no way to better yourself, and it certainly is one sure path to self-destruction. If you get yourself fired, you will at least have the satisfaction of knowing you deserved it, you even earned it. There is something to be said for taking pride in your work.

#19258 - 01/29/09 04:03 AM Re: Vampires? [Re: spiderbreeder]
600Advocate Offline
stranger

Loc: Texas
I know this topic is probably dead but i have to put my little bit in, Psy vamps and all who think that they exist are complete and utter failures in life just afraid to admit it.

#19259 - 01/29/09 04:17 AM Re: Vampires? [Re: Succubus666]
Zoid Offline

Loc: USA - New Jersey
 Originally Posted By: Tala de Sade
Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates.

So true. And so true to my own nature. If someone is kind to me, I can't help myself, I just feel the insatiable need to be kind to the person in return. No one has ever regretted treating me well.

Hell, the reverse also works. I have noticed that "random acts of kindness" lubricate the gears of life so efficiently that it's literally crazy to miss an opportunity to be kind to someone.

Now of course, if some fool decides to treat me poorly, a different aspect of my personality begins to manifest.

#19266 - 01/29/09 06:48 AM Re: Vampires? [Re: Zoid]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Tala_de_Sade
Thatís not good karma, itís no way to better yourself, and it certainly is one sure path to self-destruction.

Tayla, since when does one actually care about "karma"? Term is a bit misused in my opinion, it's better to say "for one's own profit/sake".
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 Originally Posted By: 600advocate
I know this topic is probably dead but i have to put my little bit in, Psy vamps and all who think that they exist are complete and utter failures in life just afraid to admit it.

How do you know they don't exist? From what I notice around me, the definition of psy vamp can be linked to certain people who are craving for controle over others.
Just think of a person who is a little mental disordered and stalking someone.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

#19272 - 01/29/09 09:52 AM Re: Vampires? [Re: 600Advocate]
Sordid Archetype Offline
stranger

Loc: Long Island, NY
 Originally Posted By: 600Advocate
Psy vamps and all who think that they exist are complete and utter failures in life just afraid to admit it.

I get that this is what you believe, but would you be so kind as to explain why you think this? At least so far as people who believe psychic vampires exist are failures as well.

#19782 - 02/06/09 03:38 PM Re: Vampires? [Re: Sordid Archetype]
joseph oreilly Offline
Incomprehensible--Banned
pledge

Belief and faith must always incorporate ignorance, the faith that denies a nun a normal heterosexual life, is the same one that would enable some one to justify sucking the brain out of a monkey with a metal straw to gain greater life expectancy and youthfulness.
#19793 - 02/06/09 05:18 PM Re: Vampires? [Re: joseph oreilly]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Quote:

Belief and faith must always incorporate ignorance

Must they?

Belief and faith are not the same thing, you know. Everybody is loaded down with beliefs. I would go so far as to say you couldn't navigate the world for any length of time whatsoever without them. Do you believe it is safe to go on a red light?

Faith is another matter. As belief is something you do, faith is a reason for doing it. An epistemologically unsound reason, but a reason.

Less important than a belief itself is the reasoning behind it, and whether that reasoning can hold water.

#19796 - 02/06/09 05:27 PM Re: Vampires? [Re: Dan_Dread]
joseph oreilly Offline
Incomprehensible--Banned
pledge

Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread
 Quote:

Belief and faith must always incorporate ignorance

Must they?

Belief and faith are not the same thing, you know. Everybody is loaded down with beliefs. I would go so far as to say you couldn't navigate the world for any length of time whatsoever without them. Do you believe it is safe to go on a red light?

Faith is another matter. As belief is something you do, faith is a reason for doing it. An epistemologically unsound reason, but a reason.

Less important than a belief itself is the reasoning behind it, and whether that reasoning can hold water.

Because beleif has to incorporate some level of ignorance, because Beleif and faith lend themselves to being an absolute certainty and as humanbeings the only absolute certainties we have are the ones that are most immediate to us.

The spiritual or ideological implicate overall meaning among that which people as individuals cannot know, therefor there is no reason for them to apply these things to themselves.

#19797 - 02/06/09 05:35 PM Re: Vampires? [Re: joseph oreilly]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
As I JUST explained, belief and faith are not interchangeable concepts. All knowledge must incorporate belief at some point.

Do you believe your keyboard is made of plastic? Do you believe Internet is transmitted via cables? Do you believe that something will fall to the floor if you drop it?

How much ignorance do you think is 'incorporated' into any of these process'?

PS - get a spellchecker.

#19801 - 02/06/09 06:18 PM Re: Vampires? [Re: Dan_Dread]
The AntiChris Offline
pledge

Loc: Pennsylvania
Do you believe your keyboard is made of plastic?

I did until I found out it was actually made of fiberglass.

Do you believe Internet is transmitted via cables??
I did until I found the satellite dish.
Do you believe that something will fall to the floor if you drop it??

I did until the comet hit and sent everything flying off into outer space.

It seems as if we are always dealing with probabilities even if very minute.

#19802 - 02/06/09 06:35 PM Re: Vampires? [Re: The AntiChris]
joseph oreilly Offline
Incomprehensible--Banned
pledge

Originally Posted By: The AntiChris
Do you believe your keyboard is made of plastic?

I did until I found out it was actually made of fiberglass.

Do you believe Internet is transmitted via cables??
I did until I found the satellite dish.
Do you believe that something will fall to the floor if you drop it??

I did until the comet hit and sent everything flying off into outer space.

It seems as if we are always dealing with probabilities even if very minute.

Do you believe your keyboard is made of plastic? Do you believe Internet is transmitted via cables? Do you believe that something will fall to the floor if you drop it?

That's why I said the only absolute certainties are the ones that are the most immediate to us.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.023 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 24 queries. Zlib compression disabled.