Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#15975 - 12/11/08 05:57 PM Satanism and recovery
Henrik Offline
stranger

Loc: Finland
I'm recovering from deep depression and alcoholism, and just recently was able to handle my big depths. By the year I had two treadment episodes in hospital and now I have two therapy sessions a week. I go to Alcoholics Anonymous too.

About a month ago I was interested in Satanism, found out some principles, ordered the Satanic Bible and have sailed through everything I've found on the internet. I've found out my sense of self-preservation and healthy self-esteem to have gained some momentum by Satanism. Right now I'm wondering and comparing my views, beliefs and ways on Satanism.

Have anyone of you had the same situation? How's Satanism side to side with recovery?

#15979 - 12/11/08 06:36 PM Re: Satanism and recovery [Re: Henrik]
Henrik Offline
stranger

...Or am I just the scum of the earth by being weak and getting sick? By satanic principles I am, but I also have the right to aid myself and rise to a better condition.
#15981 - 12/11/08 06:41 PM Re: Satanism and recovery [Re: Henrik]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Do you believe that you and only you are the god of your own universe? That you have ultimate power over your own fate, and that you and you alone are responsible for both your successes AND your failures?

This is the core of Satanism. Does this describe you?

#15983 - 12/11/08 06:45 PM Re: Satanism and recovery [Re: Dan_Dread]
Jake999 Offline

You had a slip. You went from indulgence to compulsion. You now know where you have to be more attentive to your personal life. Learning that and acting on that is a sign of responsibility, but only if you take the lesson to heart and keep the outside influence of alcohol from ruling your life.

#15984 - 12/11/08 06:50 PM Re: Satanism and recovery [Re: Dan_Dread]
Henrik Offline
stranger

I believe I'm in charge of my actions. I believe my actions come from what I am, which is a person with certain experiences. I also understand those experiences, which have caused trauma, are something I had no power to control. I believe in science and that this is the way psychology describes my condition. After nature, I'm free to do whatever. Is it anti-Satanic to realize you're under trauma you couldn't handle without getting mentally ill and get treatment from other people?
#15986 - 12/11/08 06:55 PM Re: Satanism and recovery [Re: Henrik]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Henrik
Is it anti-Satanic to realize you're under trauma you couldn't handle without getting mentally ill and get treatment from other people?

No, so long as you don't us it as an excuse to continue behaviors that have led you to recognize the need, or use it as a crutch to justify actions you might feel guilty about. EVERYONE has bad experiences. EVERYONE. Some just handle them differently than others.

#15987 - 12/11/08 06:56 PM Re: Satanism and recovery [Re: Jake999]
Henrik Offline
stranger

Compulsion got over indulgence and so worth health and the ability to live, that is right yes, I noticed it when I got the part in the Satanic Bible about the difference in them. Alcohol got the best of me and I, in belief of there's nothing to live for but to drink, wanted to go down. That's the part where I differed from Satanism.
#15990 - 12/11/08 07:08 PM Re: Satanism and recovery [Re: Henrik]
Henrik Offline
stranger

But again back then I wasn't aware of Satanism at all. Now that I am, I've refused to go back in the hospital after people have suggested me to, because I believe I would cheat myself and others by sucking their help over and over again by going in and out of treatment. It needs to stop within myself and I think I got resources now to do it.
In other words, I feel better. Why would I reject it.

#16008 - 12/12/08 12:25 AM Re: Satanism and recovery [Re: Henrik]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Don't negate all your resources, however. You may actually need "both" approaches... or more than that.

What you need especially right now is a good healthy dose of ego-mania. Satanism can actually help in that department. Like Dan Dread said, you're 'God'. Get into yourself, your mind, your body - exercise, meditate, draw a picture of a cow. And get some sleep, lots of sleep.

Don't buy alcohol either, and don't buy any tomorrow, and don't think about buying or not buying any tomorrow. Then go to sleep. Repeat... for 18,000 days.

#16028 - 12/12/08 12:03 PM Re: Satanism and recovery [Re: daevid777]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

The best way to recovery is through the use of ones own will power. You shouldn't rely on anybody but yourself. If you truly want to change you can do it of your own volition.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.036 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.