Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#14254 - 11/12/08 01:45 AM Re: Tooting my own horn [Re: ZephyrGirl]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
I just learned on the radio show that we will be playing against at least 4 poker pros. Though not household names on the scale of Helmuth, Negreaneu, Brunson, Chan, etc. Lee Childs finished 7th in 2007 and 12th in 2008. Steve Dannenmann finished 2nd in 2005 to Joe Hachim. Rhett Butler finished 5th in 2006. There is talk that Greg Raymer is in. I doubt it though. So now I have my work cut out for me. The good news is most of the players I beat out to get there will be the same dummies I will be facing. If you see me lurking about this site in the next 3 days, either we are on break, or I busted.

#14256 - 11/12/08 03:05 AM Re: Tooting my own horn [Re: fakepropht]
Jake999 Offline

Aces to you, Fakepropht! Take 'em DOWN.

#14283 - 11/12/08 04:00 PM Re: Tooting my own horn [Re: Jake999]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Loc: Oslo, Norway
I will ommmmmmmm you to victory!
Good luck!

Woland

Contra Mundum!

#14308 - 11/12/08 08:34 PM Re: Tooting my own horn [Re: Woland]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Very Cool, Good Luck!!
Go Get em.

M

#14482 - 11/15/08 02:56 PM Re: Tooting my own horn [Re: Morgan]
Big Slick

I won't bore everyone with all the details. I played very well. At no point for the first 4 hours of play was I in any danger of being knocked out or having a short chip stack. We started with 535 and by hour 4 only 100 of us remained. My chances of making the money looked very good. Then it happened. I raised with AQ suited and my oppenent pushed all in. I had more chips than him and I liked my hand. He flipped over JJ. I was actually ahead. I had a flush draw, straight draw, and two overcards. So I had a lot of outs. None of them hit for me though. I was crippled. I went to work rebuilding my stack and trying to survive. By hour 5 there were only about 75 of us left. The blinds and antes were putting a serious killing on my stack. I played A9 from the blind, and when a 9 came on the flop, I pushed all in. He called with A10 and a ten came for him. That was it. I finished 20 away from making the money. For my 5 hour effort, I was rewarded with a few handshakes and a kiss from the wife. That's poker. I posted the full story on my site.

Oh and I got to meet the pro player Lee Childs. Pretty cool, except that it meant he was in the tournament too. Luckily I never faced him.

#14501 - 11/15/08 08:11 PM Re: Tooting my own horn [Re: fakepropht]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

But you had a grand time, not?

Have to join up in one of the 600 club contests.
Am not much of a poker player, but I still enjoy it.
Tends to get carried away though...

Woland

Contra Mundum!

#14506 - 11/15/08 09:46 PM Re: Tooting my own horn [Re: Woland]
Big Slick

You should. BTW, I have signed up to take personal one on one lessons with Lee Childs. He is going to help me fill in the holes in my game. Of course, my gain is your gain, since I will share any insights I learn from him with anyone that is interested and asks. And I don't charge. I have since learned that I was even closer to making the money table than I thought. I busted out with about 12 players to go. Twist the dagger in my heart.

#14568 - 11/17/08 02:44 AM Re: Tooting my own horn [Re: fakepropht]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Damn I feel your pain!!! Wow, Lee Childs huh? That's great, I noticed that you saw I'd made a post or two over on our 600 poker group on myspace, so I'll keep doing so.

We even have another member, I'm guessing is a friend of yours?? Great, there is life in them there groups after all.

I can't wait to come over to the states, hopefully I'll get to watch you play a tourny while I'm there, that would be a real hoot! I have a friend in Charlotte that I'm guessing isn't that far from you, well I know he's near Atlantic city too, so I'll be staying with him for a fair while. He is a friend of mine from the Armny that I met in Korea 20 years agon now. His youngest daughter is named Adelaide as a kudos to all us dancers he knew from there then.

Anyway, will give you all heaps of notice when I am going to come over, so that you can make suggestions of good cheap places I can stay around your areas. I totally understand that opening you personal houses to what adds up to pretty much a stranger is not realistic or fair even to expect. I'll take Morgan up though, on her offer. I can't wait to get to see New York through the eyes of a local like that. It's always the best way to experience a city, with a local that is.

ANyhoo off track AGAIN, congrats about your success, sorry the cards didn't land your way to land you on that last table. I'm sure we'll seee you on world poker tour before we know it.

Zeph

#14594 - 11/17/08 04:28 PM Re: Tooting my own horn [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

A link to the My Space thingie?

Woland

Contra Mundum!

#14600 - 11/17/08 07:01 PM Re: Tooting my own horn [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Big Slick

I added Lee Childs as a friend. I don't think that is the member you are refering to. I will invite him to the group. I am going to make a post in a few, once I check the rest of the site. When you read it, you may see that you might be close to seeing me on the WPT or WSOP, or elsewhere.

Charlotte, depending on which one, is near me. I am 4 hours from Atlantic City. Maybe 5 from NY. Yes, I look forward to trying to work out some kind of vis a vis meeting. I'll pm you since I don't want to get all personal here.

Well the cards did mostly do what they were supposed to for me. I never got in bad with crappy hands. I never felt the pressure to play something like 82 offsuit. Laying down JJ was hard, but the information I was getting from my opponent told me I was making the right decision. It didn't hurt me much, but we would have chopped the pot had I stuck with it. My AQ suited all in call was the right move. Unless he had AA or AK, I was statistically ahead of him. I read on the website the final 13 players split the winnings. Bullshit. They would have sat their asses there and played me until I either busted out or won it. I don't settle for a 13 way tie.

Yes Woland, it's a myspace thing. Matter of fact, I don't think we have added each other. Hit me if you want to be added. It's rather boring lol.

#14603 - 11/17/08 07:32 PM Re: Tooting my own horn [Re: fakepropht]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: fakepropht
I read on the website the final 13 players split the winnings. Bullshit.

That's not poker... especially tournament poker!!! If they aren't out to win, they should have been playing tiddly winks.

As Classy Freddy Vlassy would have said... "Ham'n'eggers!"

#14654 - 11/18/08 12:48 PM Re: Tooting my own horn [Re: fakepropht]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

I detest MySpace.
Everybody has such cool html-spaces, and mine looks like shite!

*Gnarls teeth & weeps.*

Yet; a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do...
I will hit... you.

Woland

Contra Mundum!

#17662 - 01/05/09 11:53 PM Re: Tooting my own horn [Re: Woland]
Big Slick

Anyone care to revive the member's only game on myspace? Disabuse and I have had a lot of fun on there recently. We can set a low stakes table all for fun. Hell, I will chip you up.

#17679 - 01/06/09 02:34 AM Re: Tooting my own horn [Re: fakepropht]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
School me, and I'm in... my Dad's a decent player, but I am almost afraid to type these words... in the "old school" way...

Fuck, that hurt.

#17692 - 01/06/09 07:16 AM Re: Tooting my own horn [Re: fakepropht]
Picunnus Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
me me! I need an invite?

Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.