Page 1 of 6 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#1610 - 11/08/07 08:41 PM 600 Club Update
xear Administrator Offline
Admin

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
New Features, Design Coming Soon

I've been working on a new design layouts for the site along with some new features which should be implemented in the next couple of weeks. I haven't decided on a final theme or design yet. I know some of you guys are artists/designers, if you're interested in designing some concepts or mock ups, feel free to drop me a line via PM.

There is a new shop in the works which will launch in December featuring books, magazines, CDs, DVDs, jewelery and of course apparel.

That's it for now, more to follow soon...

- R

#1614 - 11/08/07 10:14 PM Re: 600 Club Update [Re: xear]
blackdragon31560 Offline
pledge

Loc: Hell Paso, TX
oh nice, i'll look forward to seeing the changes.

oh nice banner by the way, keep up the great work rick.

~ Niccolo Machiavelli

#1637 - 11/09/07 04:57 PM Re: 600 Club Update [Re: xear]
Disabuse Offline

So far, so good home slice. I'm not sure I like that "Top Poster" crap there. Points out who the top post douche bags possibly are to be honest. "Look at me, I'm a top poster". Con-fucking-grats to be perfectly honest. Who gives a shit? Doesn't necessarily reflect quality.

While I'm at it, here is a design flaw (unless you intended it this way, don't see why you would though). Check out the black background to the boxes in this image. The boxes extend beyond the black "boundaries". My resolution is 1680x1050. Intended or design flaw?

#1640 - 11/09/07 06:36 PM Re: 600 Club Update [Re: Disabuse]
Admin

I designed it intentionally just to irk you :-D

- R

#1644 - 11/09/07 07:48 PM Re: 600 Club Update [Re: Disabuse]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
 Originally Posted By: Disabuse
Points out who the top post douche bags possibly are to be honest. "Look at me, I'm a top poster". Con-fucking-grats to be perfectly honest. Who gives a shit? Doesn't necessarily reflect quality.

I was thinking somewhat along the same lines but more so that some idiot might think the post count has something to do with how much I post... My thoughts were perhaps this may make me post less to get my name off of that list... In the end I will do what I do no matter what meters are in place to measure my participation...

While some may become engrossed with there post count, watching them trying to keep the material up to par should be fun...

Unfortunately a few cannot seem to retain a glimmer of intelligence in any posts...

~T~

P.S. I really just post so much cause I like to see my flashing avatar... ;\) Willy Wonka FTW...

Edited by ta2zz (11/09/07 07:49 PM)
Edit Reason: P.S.

#1647 - 11/09/07 09:09 PM Re: 600 Club Update [Re: Disabuse]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
 Originally Posted By: Disabuse
I'm not sure I like that "Top Poster" crap there. Points out who the top post douche bags possibly are to be honest. "Look at me, I'm a top poster". Con-fucking-grats to be perfectly honest. Who gives a shit? Doesn't necessarily reflect quality.

I'm not a huge fan of the Top Poster box either. I don't pay attention to how many posts I make, so I don't care whether I make 5 posts or 50. It isn't a race. I only post when I feel I have a valid opinion or information to add to the conversation at hand. If the topic is casual or includes members I know outside the forum, occasionally I'll make posts directed at them. I do my best to stay on-topic. The only reason I posted about posting is to let everyone know I'm not in it for the numbers. If I posted nothing but bullshit, I would've been banned long ago.

By the way, this will be post #135 ;\) Whoopdee doo.

#1659 - 11/10/07 06:34 AM Re: 600 Club Update [Re: Nemesis]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
I can see the benefit of the Top Posters box, it provides people with a list of the more active and vocal members of the forum, something that can be useful to know.

I can see how it is abused on other forums but here we seem to have a group that prefer well thought out and informative posts, you'll likely see a post on this forum with 500+ words, that's almost unheard of on other forums so I have little worry that people will use it as a status symbol.

#1697 - 11/10/07 05:37 PM Re: 600 Club Update [Re: xear]
Disabuse Offline

Originally Posted By: xear
I designed it intentionally just to irk you :-D

- R

Douche bag.

You knew I would catch onto it too I bet. The new design is looking good to me. The top image is using a spectrum that doesn't go well with the gray background. I'd recommend a spectrum background to match the black to red you have. A coding challenge! =P

I know you're still in design phase, so I won't pick on you yet.

#1702 - 11/10/07 06:37 PM Re: 600 Club Update [Re: xear]
Meq Offline
Banned

Nice design so far xear.
I'm not too sure of the big black 'L' around Baphomet though. It's a bit too plain for my taste.

I love the pic of Baphomet though!

#1742 - 11/11/07 03:18 AM Re: 600 Club Update [Re: Meq]
undeadridinghood Offline
pledge

Loc: Washington State
I agree with the comment about the big black L and the comment about the colors. What I think is odd is that I logged on earlier today and if memory serves, the side boxes were within the black margin thing. Now they are off again. Perhaps it was a weird display issue on my part? I don't know if you tried to change anything.
#1752 - 11/11/07 03:18 PM Re: 600 Club Update [Re: xear]
delusion Offline
pledge

Loc: hawaii
Really nice evolution going on here.

I liked the baphomet at the top of the page... I love the red baphomet symbol that you have there now.

Keep it comin baby.. it looks great.

Jef

#1753 - 11/11/07 03:41 PM Re: 600 Club Update [Re: xear]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Looking better and better Rick...I like the revised banner (the red curtain effect is a nice touch), as well as having the links to the far right--it's different and makes the top of the page look less cluttered (not that it looked cluttered to begin with, but somehow it seems less so now).

#1757 - 11/11/07 04:11 PM Re: 600 Club Update [Re: Nemesis]
Admin

You know I was just remarking to myself about how the new design made the whole "portal" feel seem less cluttered. I really like this latest design.

Truth be told, I didn't design this banner. This one was was done by Rob_Church (sintheticgraphics.com )

- R

#1758 - 11/11/07 04:41 PM Re: 600 Club Update [Re: xear]
SSSnake Offline
pledge

Loc: PA. U.S.A.
Looking good i like it. Even though it keeps confusing me.
LOL just kiding
 Quote:
" It's better to bitch than to be quiet"

]D.L.B.

#1761 - 11/11/07 05:21 PM Re: 600 Club Update [Re: xear]
Disabuse Offline

It looks good, but the dpi is low. Looks pixelated to me. But, you know me, I'm a picky fucker.

Page 1 of 6 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.033 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.