Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#1613 - 11/08/07 10:07 PM Society & Acceptance
blackdragon31560 Offline
pledge

Loc: Hell Paso, TX
Society & Acceptance

Well I started this topic because I think worth the time to talk about, and I placed this is Satanism simple because I think Satanism is an extension of who you are.

To start I see Society mindless factor of nature, by mindless I simply mean it doesn’t think, it reacts. An example when the US attacked common known as 9/11. Society didn’t think, it saw what happened, and reacted. I’m not incentive, I simply mean, people in china, Cuba, south Africa (a place torn by civil war) didn’t care, maybe to the point like “oh look what happened” and change the channel on there TV, if they even had one. I do however believe that some of the individuals that make up Society cared for massive loss of life, and wanted, and did help. By Society as a whole, i mean every single being did little or nothing.

I think people that are looking to fit in to Society as whole, or are looking for the norm. Will find that they are looking for something that isn’t there. Society as whole is made up of different cultures, races, religions, laws, intolerance, etc. each one can be broken down to its sub class's. No one can really fit in to Society as whole, be it your skin color, race, religion, sexual preference, etc. There will always be one part saying you don't fit it. As for the norm or normal, what is that, but a superficial standard made by cultures, races, religions, etc. Something that is put in your face day in and day out and you are told this is normal. Would think the norm is the same in US, as in South Africa, or in India. What about between Judeo-Christian and atheists, or Muslims?

I think when most people say they want to fit in, i think they mean, to there own culture (which is made up of its own subcultures). Or if they say they want to fit with norm, I think they want to fit in, to what they perceive as there own norm. I on the other hand find it by simply being who you are, you are norm, and fit in to the culture’s you want.

I know some of you have your own opinions’ of Society, so share them, I will enjoy reading them, and I know other will too. Hopefully this start a health discussion.

~ Niccolo Machiavelli

#1615 - 11/08/07 11:25 PM Re: Society & Acceptance [Re: blackdragon31560]
rob_church Offline

Loc: alberta , canada
well i thought this was common knowlege of course the norm differs in diffrent cultures,cliques,classes and diffrent places. their is a island with 50 people no new outsiders so the norm is incest. in this culture you are diffrent if you do not like incest .but in canada and the us incest is taboo im not sure what the point of the thread is? one persons normal is anothers bad dream or one classes normal is another nightmare really its just saying alot of words to point out the obvious. humans are herd animals and atract thouse of likemindess same stature, then the weak latch on to this ect...i think alot of weak people want to fit into not their idea of normal but of the masses they associate,and thosue masses where formed from the strong individual's getting toghter becuase they shared the same values then the weak flock in thinking if this/these people belives that is wrong or right then it must be. then as it grows it becomes, hey if this many people belive this way then it must be right. then it becomes the standered for that class,clique or whatever and thouse supressed then either find a new society that embrace what they belive to be normal or they hide it from others and whine aobut fitting in:). im no socitey expert or history major but thats how i see it. so to sumerise. the strong define what is normal and the weak accept it.

become your own society where your rules and values are law then let the weak flock to you but to do this you need a compound and alot of firearms lol:)

#1627 - 11/09/07 09:38 AM Re: Society & Acceptance [Re: blackdragon31560]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
I find I fit well into "Society" at them moment. I have nothing that I make outright stand out and therefor I have a social life. I have friends and colleagues that treat me in a normal and polite manner. I can talk to the average person on the street or whilst waiting at the bus stop and they are courteous and welcoming. I see no issue with Society and Society doesn't seem to shun me. Certain sub cultures, such as the Chav or the Religious Zealot will never like anyone and will therefore always bring down the collective.

Honestly I find Society to be something I like at the moment. It is how people act towards each other as dictated by unwritten social rules that for this part of the world fit with how I live my life and ultimately reinforce my happiness.

This is the reason I don't bother to thrust my Satanist views in peoples faces, (that and remember rule 1. "Don't give opinions or advice unless someone asks for it"). People would treat me differently if they saw me as "anti-religion", despite the fact that I am already vocally an Atheist in my community and people know this of me. People don't understand Satanism yet, not as Society. Individuals can have it explained to them, Society however is a slow learner because everything in the the subconscious and the collective subconscious of that many people is a hard thing to change.

That's my opinion anyway.

#1843 - 11/13/07 11:23 AM Re: Society & Acceptance [Re: TornadoCreator]
MCSA TEK Offline
pledge

Loc: Orlando Fl USA
The biggest surprise people get when they begin studying modern Satanism is the startling realization that Satanists aren’t all Angst ridden teens. The majority of Satanists here on this board are normal looking productive members of society. We are generally friendly and reasonably helpful. We have friends and families. We even make fantastic Managers, Stock Brokers, and Police Officers. How we do differ is in our outlook. We distain the mindless and generally have a predatory philosophy toward life with a focus on the self and of personal fulfillment.

Society is the environment that we are trapped within. I view it like the crazy aunt we see every X-mas. Quaint, and nice to have friendly conversations with, but tends to become an annoyance if you become unable to get away for a breather. I can handle society very well when taken in moderation.

I personally believe that a Satanist can’t function properly if he dresses like a rebel, is anti social, and announces to everyone that he is of the devil. Common sense would tell you that the average person will react badly to this. I firmly believe that a Satanist should be able to blend into any level of society. He should be able to become invisible and melt into the crowd. He should have the social skills that foster confidence and respect from others. This allows him to interact with people and influence their decisions. We can only manifest our will and control our fate properly when those around us are at ease and open to being manipulated.

Chris

#1848 - 11/13/07 12:10 PM Re: Society & Acceptance [Re: blackdragon31560]
MCSA TEK Offline
pledge

Loc: Orlando Fl USA
Blackdragon,

You have to remember that modern society is the result of active planning and social engineering. Each click, culture and subculture was created in such a way as to provide a certain advantage to companies, organizations, and governments. Women exist in a created subculture which single handedly supports the cosmetics industry, razor blade manufacturers, and service industries like; spas, and nail salons. The Yuppie subculture was manipulated into being for the purpose of supporting costly products like; Fashion industries, high end electronics, and unnecessarily expensive cars. The middle class was manipulated into distracting TV shows and sporting events. They support manufacturing by purchasing unnecessary sports paraphernalia and hundreds of TV specific items.

These groups form the power bases for political groups. The yuppies pour millions of dollars into the conservative party. The poor pour millions of dollars into the Liberal party. Race hatreds and inter cultural rivalries are fostered and maintained in order to keep the population distracted and bickering amongst themselves. This is also an excellent excuse to pitch restrictions and exert controls by these governments.

The simplest example I can give you as “proof” is High School. Each and every single “click” has been created and marketed to the children by companies. Even the rebellious Goths have a set pattern of clothing and behavior which they adhere to in an extremely conformist way. Goth clothing stores, Goth Steampunk Goggle manufacturers, Goth jewelry, Goth music. Every aspect of society was engineered for control and for the purposes of fleecing the public.

Because of this simple fact, it’s very simple to become normal. Simply pick your preferred pattern, learn the standard interests, and then accessorize.

Chris

#1853 - 11/13/07 01:33 PM Re: Society & Acceptance [Re: MCSA TEK]
blackdragon31560 Offline
pledge

Loc: Hell Paso, TX
Good points TornadoCreator and rob_church

Well Cris,

I would have to agree for the most part though I differ in small aspects, I don’t think most people are manipulated into there culture. I think they freely grow (for the most part), and then people live through them, some people I would agree, have learned and do abuse them. For example, sporting events do in do contribute to world, as do TV, nail and spas, and service industries, all them employ people. Sadly they only pay the minimum they can for there work, unlike sport’s team and owner pay there athletes millions of dollars, to sell there image. But they do get taxed, sadly not as much as they should ( do to the accounts, which they pay) to help the nation, if the nation its self would spend wisely, and not piss it away, it would help greatly. Back to my point, they contribute to employment worldwide, it would be nice if they manufactured here in the US, and not some sweat shop, but they do help those people, I do agree they pay the very low wages, and the workers suffer greatly without laws helping them. But would they be better off without them, as bad as they get treated, i think they suffer more with out them.

Quote:
Race hatreds and inter cultural rivalries are fostered and maintained in order to keep the population distracted and bickering amongst themselves.

I don’t think Society as whole controls, or motivates that, I do think that part of human nature. I also agree, the fact that people making money off this, isn’t helping. Humans are animals, and still have the basic fear of something different, and/or change, and still lash out, and can be broken in case's.

Quote:
The simplest example I can give you as “proof” is High School. Each and every single “click” has been created and marketed to the children by companies.

Great example, I agree most have conformed, to what I like to say “Individuality for only $9.99”. I personally in high school, saw this and never dress to fit in, some people would even ask me, what are you supposed to be goth, punk, prep, etc. As for society as a whole being engineered, for the masses I would disagree, nor to I believe some elite group of people have made this way. I think more like action and reaction, and example of this is,

A man notices possibilities of a goth store In a major city, and open it, this idea, has many reactions, one being others see his success, and they do the same, but try to become better. (Man’s competitive nature) they all try to improve, and grow, and become more creative, and increase profits. They make ideas and society reacts or fallows. The people working in company themselves want more money, strive to key figure in the company by what every mean they choose to use.

I am not saying this applies for everything; it doesn’t apply to oil companies, mining, etc. I’m simply saying what some people see as manipulation in some cases is simply the reaction to events. In the case of oil, mining, etc I do believe they do manipulate, with out the thought of contribution. an example is gas price go up do what they say is prices' of oil going up, yet there making more profit then ever, simple logic tells you there lying.

on a side note, ron paul wants so Society to live by the inviable hand concept from what i've read, which to me is unrealistic, though a nice idea. too many individuals are Yuppie's and fallow without thinking.

~ Niccolo Machiavelli

#2413 - 11/29/07 09:42 AM Re: Society & Acceptance [Re: blackdragon31560]
Ordellani Offline
stranger

Loc: Australia
For one, Satanism is NOT a mainstream religion. If it were the masses would populate at an enormous rate and the individuality Satanism represents would simply disappear.

Secondly, Satanism will never be accepted by pseudo-intellectual besmirching religious hypocrites and self-righteous ring-wing fundamentalists. Why you ask? Because they lack comprehension and understanding. They're uneducated and simply define Satanism as the media portrays it: Devil worship.

This is the perfect example for stupidity of the masses. They don't want to know. Most are brought up with ideology that defines Satanism or "Satan" as a mythical legend that apparently steals your soul. These ideologies bring Satanism to a stand-still at a certain aspect because it just isn't accepted.

But, would Satanism really want to be an accepted mainstream religion? No. It carries the title "Satanism" because of its shock-value. That's what its intention is to do: shock society.

#2473 - 12/01/07 03:53 AM Re: Society & Acceptance [Re: Ordellani]
139381512 Offline
stranger

Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Satanists are the trend setters. I have always went my own way, never falling victim to norms and fads. I have never cared enough about popularity to be subject to peer pressure either. We are a breed apart from the rest. We are as wolves, calculating and systematic.

#2491 - 12/02/07 04:42 PM Re: Society & Acceptance [Re: 139381512]
Ordellani Offline
stranger

Loc: Australia
Setting the "trend" is just a spin-off of conformity. We don't set any trend, because we're the Alien Elite - the individuals with substance.

Only a fool mistakes laughter for humor and fashion for style. Satanists are anathema to the pious, the sanctimonious, and the hypocritical. They should also be the nemeses of the pompous.

Edited by Ordellani (12/02/07 04:43 PM)

#2530 - 12/04/07 01:08 AM Re: Society & Acceptance [Re: blackdragon31560]
ballbreaker Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
There is no such thing as society
~Margaret Thatcher

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.024 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.