Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#16582 - 12/20/08 10:20 AM Re: "The Diabolicon" [Re: Dimitri]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
Oh, sorry, I was referring to Diavolo as "D". Hahah

Diavolo: All I can do at this point is listen to everyone's advice and try to use it. And I do understand what you mean by your analogies, yet it is the wrapping that will lead me to the content. And if we are born as satanists and cannot choose our path, and things just seem to fall into place, wouldn't you consider that "fate"? If I am my own god, aren't I in control of my life, as opposed to having my path already laid out for me, waiting for me to walk through it? I chose which path to take. And it isn't necessarily a straight path. There are twists and turns, road blocks, and some construction going on as well. I may loose my way at times, but in the end it will all take me to the same place, whatever that may be.

#16583 - 12/20/08 10:46 AM Re: "The Diabolicon" [Re: Mike]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
Oh, sorry, I was referring to Diavolo as "D". Hahah

In that case my apologies. Now you mention it, Diavolo indeed ends his messages with "D"

Edited by Dimitri (12/20/08 10:46 AM)

#16584 - 12/20/08 10:52 AM Re: "The Diabolicon" [Re: Mike]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Yeah, I'm the rapping negro.

It isn't as much about fate. Fate triggers too much fatalism into people, I don't like the word too much. Before you know we all sit in a chair waiting what the gods bring us.
We prefer control, although a healthy degree of fatalism isn't bad. A statement like satanists are born... is only valid if you accept that there are things beyond your control. You have very little say about your genetic make-up, as with the conditions you are born into. There is also little control about the mutations that defined you as you are. Being our own god doesn't imply some irrational perspective on things like being able to be whatever we want to be or do whatever we want to do. I'm never going to be an astronaut and certainly will never run the 100m below 8 seconds, no matter how hard I might wish for it or train.

Being your own god essentially implies that you are the controlling force in your life but it doesn't imply you have no limitations. You have, and some of them you will never change. What is our drive is that we explore those limitations, define them and analyse which and which not can be pushed beyond their current limits. Some are rock-solid and you'll have to live with them, some are flexible and can be improved.

One of those limitations can be a decisive factor in what we can be and what not. The critical point I talk about is subject to those limitations.

D.

#16585 - 12/20/08 11:06 AM Re: "The Diabolicon" [Re: Diavolo]
Mike Offline

Quote:
A statement like satanists are born... is only valid if you accept that there are things beyond your control. You have very little say about your genetic make-up, as with the conditions you are born into. There is also little control about the mutations that defined you as you are. Being our own god doesn't imply some irrational perspective on things like being able to be whatever we want to be or do whatever we want to do.

Things like genetic make-up yes are beyond our control (although there are such things as genetic engineering), but how does that effect what path we will walk? Are you referring to the fact that genetic make-up can also determine your brain development and thus level of intelligence? If so, I see what you are saying. Certain conditions can alter your perception of things. I would know...But I'd rather not go there as of right now.

Just because you have the tools doesn't mean you can build the shed. You need to learn how over time. And if you end up building a dog house instead, you still did achieve the goal of building something, and the tools didn't go to waste.

#16589 - 12/20/08 03:07 PM Re: "The Diabolicon" [Re: Mike]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
"Just because you have the tools doesn't mean you can build the shed. You need to learn how over time. And if you end up building a dog house instead, you still did achieve the goal of building something, and the tools didn't go to waste."

You still failed.
You did not create what you set out to do (shed).

"however if I just decide to change my beliefs so abruptly I will have accomplished nothing."

If you change your mind due to something new you learned or made more sense, then you have accomplished something.

Staying in the same place because you need a longer "time frame"
is silly.

Morg

whatever, do as you will....

#16591 - 12/20/08 03:25 PM Re: "The Diabolicon" [Re: Morgan]
Mike Offline

Quote:
You still failed.
You did not create what you set out to do (shed).

What I meant was that even though I set out to come to one conclusion, I may change my mind along my path and reach something different that I had no idea I could reach, which is always a good thing. I may end up feeling more comfortable in the dog house than in the shed (bad analogy, I know).

Quote:
If you change your mind due to something new you learned or made more sense, then you have accomplished something.

Yes, but you can't jump to conclusions too quickly...You still have to question everything first, even if it makes more sense than something you believe in.

Quote:
Staying in the same place because you need a longer "time frame" is silly.

I never said I needed a longer time frame. I meant it will take time for me to come to my final conclusion. In my eyes the path you choose is endless, for there is always more to learn.

Edited by Mike (12/20/08 03:28 PM)

#33138 - 12/22/09 11:34 AM Re: "The Diabolicon" [Re: Mike]
mind8mind Offline
lurker

I also believe in the Lord of Darkness.
#33141 - 12/22/09 03:05 PM Re: "The Diabolicon" [Re: mind8mind]
Mercury_Templar Offline
93 93/93

Loc: Cabarita, Vic, Australia
...read the rules before posting again mudmind - consider this your one and only warning.

M.'.T.'.
VE-GEDULAH
LE-OLAM
AMEN

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.