Page 1 of 7 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#164 - 09/07/07 08:45 PM Freemasons
97and107 Offline

Loc: New Mexico
The Freemasons are pretty big in the Untied States and Europe, I was really curious and just for the hell of it looked up their statistics on their website.

I was a little disappointed to find that it seems to just be another extension of the Christian sheeple religion. I was curious to know what other Satanists think of this. I really have no opinion much either way.

We have thousands of Freemasons everywhere in Memphis - from what I can tell they do very little for the community. Even the Christian churches seem to do more relief work.

Anyways you can read about it here:

http://www.scottishrite.org/prospectives/aboutsr.html

Some excerpts:

27° - Knight Commander of the Temple

This degree teaches the apprentice to scorn selfishness, and to uphold the knightly virtues of charity, truth and honor. We should always strive to assist the poor, helpless and infirm. The apron is of scarlet lambskin, lined in black, with a Teutonic Cross (cross potent sable, charged with a smaller cross double potent or, surcharged with the escutcheon of the Empire - the two-headed black eagle) and a black key surrounded by a laurel wreath. The jewel is the Teutonic Cross shown on the apron.

28° - Knight of the Sun or Prince Adept

We learn in this degree that our love for God manifests itself in our love for truth, justice and nobility of soul. The apron worn is white lambskin, with a vermilion Pentagram. The jewel is a gold five-pointed star.

#172 - 09/08/07 02:18 AM Re: Freemasons [Re: 97and107]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
Having known a higher ranking freemason (he ran the chapter/lodge/clubhouse) and being a person that likes to ask many questions I asked and asked and then asked some more…

The only answers boiled down to this:

We are a brotherhood like a fraternity… We help our brothers and their families… A Freemason strives to become a Shriner… Shriners help burned and crippled children…

This was obtained over a two-year period… Many times he repeated the answers like he was reading a cue card…

We know they also drive cool tiny gas powered cars in parades… Perhaps this is the true secret and highest level a Shriner can achieve is to get his fez and the keys to become a DRIVER of a very tiny car…

Their secret rituals have been leaked or some serious disinformation is out there… Using an electric carpet for initiation? Is anyone up for some childish hazing rituals?

On the symbolism:

Nothing we use as our Symbolism has not been borrowed or stolen from others …

Edited by ta2zz (09/08/07 02:25 AM)

#175 - 09/08/07 08:11 AM Re: Freemasons [Re: ta2zz]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Hmmm, I live right next to a Mason lodge, and they only hold infrequent meetings there. I never see or hear about them getting involved in charity work. It's just another "club" for people to belong to, as far as I'm concerned. Just like our 600! Weeeeee!

#202 - 09/09/07 11:55 PM Re: Freemasons [Re: Nemesis]
undeadridinghood Offline
pledge

Loc: Washington State
My cousin was initiated a few years ago. I don't know if he participates much or what they do, but I know he isn't a crazy xtian, so it's not entirely a sheep based organization. He's also in the military. His wife is sort of "new-agey".
#227 - 09/10/07 05:39 PM Re: Freemasons [Re: undeadridinghood]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Have you ever considered becoming a Mason?

Interesting read note the usage of the words brothers and brotherhood...

#260 - 09/11/07 10:09 PM Re: Freemasons [Re: ta2zz]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
hmmmn, my guess us women aren't invited, right Ta2zz?

Zephyr

#265 - 09/12/07 01:27 AM Re: Freemasons [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Actually, the eastern star is the sisterhood organization to the masons.

Morg

#269 - 09/12/07 02:08 AM Re: Freemasons [Re: Morgan]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Let us not forget the "Daughters of the Nile"...

#275 - 09/12/07 02:52 AM Re: Freemasons [Re: ta2zz]
darkstar6979 Offline
stranger

Loc: Dayton, Ohio U.S.A.
To Ta2zz. I do not belive for one second that a Free Mason told you that they strive to become a shriner and that shriners burn and cripple children. Or have you just implyed that on him and all Free Masons? LOL hazing is implyed for all who join a club. Thats just the way that is.

#283 - 09/12/07 06:08 AM Re: Freemasons [Re: darkstar6979]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: darkstar6979
To Ta2zz. I do not belive for one second that a Free Mason told you that they strive to become a shriner and that shriners burn and cripple children.

I have nothing to prove… Do your own research… On Shriners burning and crippling children I said they help them

“but if you would have looked at my original post you would have seen it.” ~darkstar6979

Or have you just implyed that on him and all Free Masons? LOL hazing is implyed for all who join a club. Thats just the way that is.

Well consider this dose of reality your hazing… Before you come to anyone here with your idiotic ramblings, you would do best to compose yourself and your writings… Before you hit the reply button…

Have a nice day…

Edited by ta2zz (09/12/07 06:09 AM)

#377 - 09/16/07 08:34 PM Re: Freemasons [Re: 97and107]
Mercury_Templar Offline
93 93/93

Loc: Cabarita, Vic, Australia
Not the Freemason thing again. First; you don't need to be a Xian to be a Freemason. B – The symbolism is older than Xianity. And, 3 – Freemasons in the first three degrees rarely know what the whole thing is about.

If you have any specific questions about Freemasonry, just ask.

M.'.T.'.
VE-GEDULAH
LE-OLAM
AMEN

#438 - 09/18/07 01:22 PM Re: Freemasons [Re: darkstar6979]
MCSA TEK Offline
pledge

Loc: Orlando Fl USA
To Ta2zz. I do not belive for one second that a Free Mason told you that they strive to become a shriner and that shriners burn and cripple children. Or have you just implyed that on him and all Free Masons? LOL hazing is implyed for all who join a club. Thats just the way that is.

I'm against burning children. It ruins the delicate flavor.

But I believe Ta2zz is correct. To become a Shriner, you must be a high lvl mason and be flagged for PVP.

Chris

#480 - 09/19/07 05:46 PM Re: Freemasons [Re: MCSA TEK]
delusion Offline
pledge

Loc: hawaii
There is a new concept the shriners are bringing to the table and its called. Every Mason should be a shriner.

Depending on what jurisdiction you are in you do not need to go through the scottish rite or York Rite to become a shriner. You do need to be a 3rd degree master mason though.

I am a Master Mason right now. Once the Scottish Rite ceremonies come around again I will be moving in that direction.

Masonry itself stops at the 3rd degree. Scottish Rite, York Rite, etc. are all concordent bodies. They are extensions beyond what one can learn in Masonry.

It is a fraternity. Shriner's hospitals raise millions to aid the children mentioned earlier.

Masons fall under heavy propoganda I think because of their tradition of secrecy pertaining to certain items, in the same way that propogandists can make Satanism into some illuminaty driven machine hell bent on ruling the world.

There is a christian feel to it which took me some time to get used to, this is due mainly to their allusion to portions of the bible and the symbology they take from that. However, religion and polotics is not to be mentioned amongst the brothers.

Now as Lord Templar mentioned there is a lot to know once you move into the other degrees but after getting to know these guys I'm sure thay once I pull back the curtain I will find regular people just like always.

delusion

#494 - 09/20/07 02:10 AM Re: Freemasons [Re: delusion]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

I thank you for your time in explaining this process a bit to those of us interested... From what I read one of the first requirements is that you believe in a god, a supreme being... The train stops right there for me...

A few questions if you feel the whim to oblige...

Do shriners and masons help people other than children and their brothers...

Are the small cars owned by the shriners as a whole or are they privately owned by members...

What is the oldest small car owned and used by the shriners and what make/ model does it replicate?

My questions are not sarcastic in nature, I have many fond memory's of 4th of July parades as a child... The highlight of the parade of course was the shriners in their jackets and fez flying around in those awesome little cars...

I wonder if there is a website dedicated to those machines of childhood delight...

#497 - 09/20/07 02:38 AM Re: Freemasons [Re: ta2zz]
delusion Offline
pledge

Loc: hawaii
Yes the charities do extend beyond children and brothers yes. Our local lodge just handed out 3 scholarships recently to some young ladies for their achievements.

As for the parade cars I have to be honest I don't know who owns the little cars. Because that is more of a Shrine thing I honestly have not thought about it. I will venture the guess that they are owned by the individual lodges, but again, I'll need to check on that and get back to you.

The parades crack me up too. That really is what the shrine is all about; fun. The first 3 degrees and the work in the concordant bodies is just that, work. But the shrine is a party according to those members that are also shriners.

As far as the belief in God requirement for me it is all a matter of perception. I agree though, that was a hurdle for me at first also. Remember though it's the symbology that becomes the focus not the oppressive dogma we (Satanists) tend to cringe about.

Edited by delusion (09/20/07 02:40 AM)

Page 1 of 7 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.034 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.