Page 2 of 7 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#505 - 09/20/07 04:25 AM Re: Freemasons [Re: delusion]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Hola,

I realize the first third degrees are "common", that is, the Master Mason degree is the "zenith", generally speaking. The degrees that follow are, from what I know, "symbolic", and not actually considered "advancements". To belong to a "Scottish Rite Temple", for instance, usually involves already being a Master Mason. Such as it is, I guess, with Shriners.

But what is the thing?

I may be considered a "legacy", since my grandfather was a Master Mason, but I wonder what the point actually is. What purpose does it serve? I sound like Excalibur, shit.

David.

#507 - 09/20/07 05:15 AM Re: Freemasons [Re: daevid777]
delusion Offline
pledge

Loc: hawaii
Are you asking why become a mason?

I am into the same esoterica that many of us seem to gravitate toward. I think it is the same desire to "know" that brought me to Satanism.

The difference is that ALL of my satanic/occult interactions are online. Which is fine if it is only information that you seek and provided you can find a quality resource to derive that information from. But after a time that just was not cutting it anymore for me. The lodge provides something real for me.

Now I can enjoy that balance. I have been distilling Satanism and the rest of the esoterica that I've come upon for years now and taken from it what I find most useful to me in this life. The lodge is another way go gain knowlege while being able to give something back as well, rather then being just another vampire.

I'm going to cut short as I just realized I wasn't toally sure that this was the question you had asked me in the first place.

Thanks,
Delusion

#515 - 09/20/07 01:49 PM Re: Freemasons [Re: daevid777]
blackdragon31560 Offline
pledge

Loc: Hell Paso, TX
 Originally Posted By: daevid777
Hola,

I may be considered a "legacy", since my grandfather was a Master Mason, but I wonder what the point actually is. What purpose does it serve? I sound like Excalibur, shit.

David.

I have family that are masons, family that are nuns (most very religious, or like to look like they are) , not sure if any are priests though. I could fallow one of paths for the sake of legacy, but i don't. i do, what i do simply because i want to, not for legacy. If later on i wish to become a mason, i will, simply because I want to.

Quote:
I think it is the same desire to "know" that brought me to satanism.

yes i would agree, I know full well i wont find some bit of knowledge that has never be thought of before. but at the same time the drive to know, and to understand, is was keeps me reading, and experiencing new things. most people join physical groups to be able to speck face to face, and not just read text on a screen.

~ Niccolo Machiavelli

#530 - 09/21/07 04:58 AM Re: Freemasons [Re: delusion]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Yes,

No.

Does that make sense?

I wasn't asking "why" you became a Mason - curiosity is reason enough. I was actually asking a more "technical" question, about the workings of their "temples", as it were.

Honestly, I've been considering joining - but I'd like to know, if you have any advice, "is it worth my time"?

Thanks for the response,

David.

#565 - 09/22/07 08:38 PM Re: Freemasons [Re: daevid777]
97and107 Offline

Loc: New Mexico
From what I have read it just seems like a waste of time and resources, not just for the masons who join but for the whole human race (on a miniscule scale, of course).

I think that there is a vanity in it, similar to what Church of Satan members find appealing in flashing their membership and signatures everywhere - an ego stroke, and thus a disservice to the higher self. Simply put I do not believe holding this membership would be a cause of self-actualization. I have not been very impressed with most of the Masons I have encountered so far. They seem like boring drones.

#586 - 09/23/07 01:18 AM Re: Freemasons [Re: 97and107]
Disabuse Offline

To each their own.

I've met some very intelligent masons. One happens to be a very close friend to my family. My father, uncle and grandfather are also masons. They do a lot for the community. They can be drones all they want, but the moment they make my community a richer and safer place, I'm fine with it.

An example, they ran a fund raiser and donated all the proceeds to a family in our town who couldn't afford surgery for their daughter. They've also raised a lot of money to purchase school books and to help refurbish the public library so it was no longer stuck in the stone age. Just to name a few things, but they've done a lot for my hometown.

I guess it boils down to who is leading the local chapter, but the ones I've known have done a lot of good for their local communities. I really wouldn't mind getting an invite to join a local chapter of masons who believe in a strong community.

#603 - 09/24/07 12:17 AM Re: Freemasons [Re: daevid777]
blackdragon31560 Offline
pledge

Loc: Hell Paso, TX
 Originally Posted By: daevid777

I wasn't asking "why" you became a Mason - curiosity is reason enough.

well David, i wasn't talking about, though after re-reading it seems like it. But i mean, i usely don't ask people for the opinion on something, i do or plan to do, unless i have LOT of respect for them. as you said "is it worth my time" how can anyone say valuable your time is, if they don't know fully know you or social and financial standing (no disrespect to anyone). to me it would make no sense to ask. unless wanted advise from people that have done it, and know what awaits.

as for becoming a freemason, all i can say is this, If you want it, if its something you truly want, go for it.

"about the workings of their "temples", as it were"

ask them, i have asked them before (i have also looked in to it) , if you want a local link msg me

~ Niccolo Machiavelli

#945 - 10/07/07 10:16 AM Re: Freemasons [Re: blackdragon31560]
Samuel Hain Offline
pledge

Loc: arkansas
Just for the record the Freemasons don't recruit. Nobody is going to come to you and ask you to join. You have to seek a member out yourself and express interest.
#953 - 10/07/07 05:07 PM Re: Freemasons [Re: Samuel Hain]
Mercury_Templar Offline
93 93/93

Loc: Cabarita, Vic, Australia
I have some cool pics of me in an old outback Lodge in Australia; I will have to post them some time. This place was pretty cool; mid to late 1800s I think it was.

M.'.T.'.
VE-GEDULAH
LE-OLAM
AMEN

#968 - 10/08/07 12:59 PM Re: Freemasons [Re: delusion]
Cody Offline
pledge

MJ-23 has plenty of marauders around, don't give in to it.

Damn, I've gotten tired of playing these games with you folks, the sandbox ain't big enough for the "whatever the number" it is so with this I bid Ado.

As always, yours truly,
Cody.

#1362 - 11/02/07 01:36 AM Re: Freemasons [Re: 97and107]
Meq Offline
Banned

I saw a glimpse of the Masons' esoteric symbolism, which contains some profound ideas.

One idea is that an individual must train his lower emotions before passing through a doorway - or he will end up drawn and quartered.

The same danger is present in all occultism and mysticism.
Getting out of your depth, with a lack of groundedness and emotional stability can lead to mental havoc and tears at best if one isn't careful.

This of course applies to Satanism.

#1417 - 11/04/07 11:39 AM Re: Freemasons [Re: Meq]
SSSnake Offline
pledge

Loc: PA. U.S.A.
do you mean you must mature from your iner seat of emotion?
im just trying to learn thanks

#1418 - 11/04/07 11:42 AM Re: Freemasons [Re: SSSnake]
SSSnake Offline
pledge

Loc: PA. U.S.A.
and i was wondering is freemasons satanist?

#1422 - 11/04/07 12:42 PM Re: Freemasons [Re: SSSnake]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Doug, mate, you need to watch those one-liner and double and triple posts. When you reply, use the full reply screen so you can preview your post before you actually post it, to check spelling, context, and whether it properly conveys your question/answer. Just a heads up.

#1433 - 11/04/07 02:31 PM Re: Freemasons [Re: Nemesis]
Mercury_Templar Offline
93 93/93

Loc: Cabarita, Vic, Australia
Nemesis is right douglas perhaps you should just be quiet and read through the forum for a while; then if you have any questions or worthwhile input, go for it.

M.'.T.'.
VE-GEDULAH
LE-OLAM
AMEN

Page 2 of 7 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.