Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#1641 - 11/09/07 06:47 PM Magick TV
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
Magick TV as I'm calling it is quite widespread, I just wondered how may people here watch shows such as Buffy/Angel, Charmed, Supernatural, Dead Like Me, Roswell, Mutant X etc.

They range from serious and dark to comedy-dramas. I just wanted to know what people think of them and do we have any fans here.

#1642 - 11/09/07 07:02 PM Re: Magick TV [Re: TornadoCreator]
undeadridinghood Offline
pledge

Loc: Washington State
I watch Charmed sometimes. I no longer feel the need to, however, after I finally got to see the final episode several years after it was made. I was obsessed with Buffy when I was like 12, and so were all of my little friends. One of them had a poster of Spike right next to her posters of Usher and Ashton Kutcher. They're just more shows to watch, in my opinion. I neither love them nor hate them.
#1798 - 11/12/07 11:27 AM Re: Magick TV [Re: TornadoCreator]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
I really like Dead Like Me.
I even bought the box set of 2 seasons. I like how it puts a twist/ new perspective on Grim reaper. I never really got into Buffy or Charmed or the rest of them. Maybe since Dead Like me was on Cable (Showtime) verses regular free television it was able to be more creative?

Morg

#1800 - 11/12/07 11:52 AM Re: Magick TV [Re: Morgan]
Octavius Offline

Loc: just visiting
I wouldn't necessarily call it "magickal," but I think that Showtime's new show, Dexter, is pretty entertaining...to those not familliar with the show's premise: A forensic investigator works off the clock to track down those who he deems unfit to live and murders them. I'm not one for the pointless glorification of violence or murder, but the calculation and motivation in the show's writing is unlike any other shoot-em-up or slasher flick or program.

#2014 - 11/19/07 09:16 AM Re: Magick TV [Re: TornadoCreator]
Sinistar Offline

Loc: New York City
What's funny is that my sister started me on "Buffy" about 10 years ago. I thought it was going to be goofy like the Kristy Swanson movie so I went into it with a crappy attitude and walking in halfway during the pilot episode when Angel was following Buffy. I said "Oh brother, where'd she meet this vampire, in night school?" My sister just told me to be quiet and just watch. I was hooked ever since except for when they graduated high school. That's when the storylines got weaker.

I haven't gotten a chance to see the more recent shows.

#2102 - 11/21/07 01:51 AM Re: Magick TV [Re: Sinistar]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
If you can bare watching Season 5, possibly the weakest Season of all then you'll thoroughly enjoy Season 6 (based on what most people I know think). It has some interesting character development and it gives the series something different. Season 5 however got irritating, especially with Dawn the magical 'Sister' character taking the limelight way before the actress was ready for such a role.

If I look back at the first episode of Buffy now I cringe. Episode 2 onwards is good but the first episode is so poorly acted by Sarah Michelle Gellar that if I had seen that episode first I probably wouldn't have carried on watching it. She overemphasizes everything.

I'll have a look for that show Dexter though, it sounds really very interesting. I like shows of that ilk. I have a specific taste. Dark Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Sci-Fi Fantasy, Horror (not Gore), Detective/Investigation, Psychological Thrillers and some Dark Drama or Black Comedy is good too.

As for 'Dead Like Me', it's interesting. It's different, but it's a little too comedy for me I think. It's too lighthearted.

One I do recommend is Supernatural. That's a DAMN good show, it's really dark and gritty.

#2161 - 11/23/07 07:58 AM Re: Magick TV [Re: TornadoCreator]
jesusbeater Offline
pledge

Loc: Ireland
Dexter is definately one of the best shows at the moment.
Just started watchin Reaper recently.Quiet reminisant of early buffy episodes, characters are fun and satan is obviously the best character in it.Would recommend it to fans of buffy, hopefully will go a couple of seasons and will develop well.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, fakepropht, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.