Page 1 of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#16423 - 12/18/08 01:39 AM 4 Crowned Princes of Hell
satanicfly87 Offline
stranger

Loc: Thomson, Georgia
If someone could indulge me for just a moment. I was reading through the Satanic Bible and I came across the 4 Crowned Princes of Hell. In my opinion, TSB does not do a great job describing exactly what they are and information on the internet about it is scarce.

I was wondering if they represent areas of human life/experience (such as Leviathan representing sex and passion) or are they just areas of the subconscious mind? Any opinions as to what they are and how you came up with that would be much appreciated.

#16424 - 12/18/08 02:23 AM Re: 4 Crowned Princes of Hell [Re: satanicfly87]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Actually I read a while ago in some occult book that the "Infernal Hierarchy" could be interpreted in terms of psychological needs and desires, and layers of the mind.

In any case, the version used in TSB is pretty much all there is to the "Four Crown Princes". As far as I know, LaVey was the first person to use that specific ranking system and include those four beings and their elemental counterparts.

I found a little more info here..
http://www.dpjs.co.uk/crownprinces.html This page actually goes so far as to draw correlations with Freudian concepts such as the Id, Ego, and Superego.

Try looking up some more info on wiki or something if you're interested in looking further. I'm sure you could draw out some more symbolism, perhaps if you even want to incorporate the Goetic hierarchy of Governers, Dukes, etc. (although that could get quite complicated)

#16425 - 12/18/08 02:27 AM Re: 4 Crowned Princes of Hell [Re: The Zebu]
satanicfly87 Offline
stranger

Thanks for your response Zebu. Actually, I have already used the website you posted as a resource and it just gave me correspondences, which is pretty much all there is to it I guess. That's my original impression that they represented human drives.
Thanks again!

#16426 - 12/18/08 03:10 AM Re: 4 Crowned Princes of Hell [Re: satanicfly87]
Jake999 Offline

The idea of LaVey using the Four Crowned Princes of Hell in the Invocation is a symbolic unification of parts to form the whole. Each corresponds to the elements of Earth Wind Fire and Air, and all are made one by the celebrant, calling upon the forces of nature itself to the aid of the celebrant in his rituals. It's an exercise in tradition, imagery and stage-setting for the ritual to follow.

The whole of the 13 Steps is preparation of mind and space (as in location) for the ritualized procedures which follow in the conjurations of lust, of compassion and of destruction. "Getting your mind right..." for entering the Intellectual Decompression Chamber that is the ritual.

Edited by Jake999 (12/18/08 03:15 AM)
Edit Reason: Added 2nd para... hit button early.

#16427 - 12/18/08 03:32 AM Re: 4 Crowned Princes of Hell [Re: Jake999]
satanicfly87 Offline
stranger

So, I would assume by reading TSB that there are generally 3 types of magic rituals that are done. As long as you do the 13 steps (which is a must?) you can add anything you want?

#16429 - 12/18/08 03:59 AM Re: 4 Crowned Princes of Hell [Re: satanicfly87]
Jake999 Offline

Most requests for rituals would fall under Compassion, Lust or Destruction. A ritual is a highly individualized thing within those three categories. One size definitely does not fit all, and the rituals as described in The Satanic Bible are for demonstration. You would have to build your own ritual to suit your needs, or that of the supplicant. What I might come up with for a Conjuration of Compassion might be very different from what any number of others might come up with in working with the same client.

The invocations for Lust, Compassion and Destruction are read before your individualized ritual is enacted, to "set the stage."

#16431 - 12/18/08 05:09 AM Re: 4 Crowned Princes of Hell [Re: Jake999]
satanicfly87 Offline
stranger

Ah ok, gotcha.

#16436 - 12/18/08 11:01 AM Re: 4 Crowned Princes of Hell [Re: satanicfly87]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Maybe a stupid thought or some will call this link farfetched/too obvious to mention but:
4 crownprinces of hell VS 4 riders of the apocalypse..

As far as I'm concerned they can be linked to the 4 elements earth, water, air, fire. And those elements again to all the different kind of emotions.

#16486 - 12/18/08 07:33 PM Re: 4 Crowned Princes of Hell [Re: satanicfly87]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
Dr. LaVey intended them to be seperate, individual beings (to the best of my knowledge) with our dark Lord as Satan.

#16488 - 12/18/08 07:56 PM Re: 4 Crowned Princes of Hell [Re: paolo sette]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Originally Posted By: paolo sette
Dr. LaVey intended them to be seperate, individual beings (to the best of my knowledge) with our dark Lord as Satan.

The best of your knowledge fails miserably.

If you would have bothered to read the thread before posting, you would already know that.

#16603 - 12/21/08 05:24 AM Re: 4 Crowned Princes of Hell [Re: satanicfly87]
spiderbreeder Offline

Loc: Sydney,Australia
Invoking the "Four Crown Princes of Hell" is all part of the psychodrama, aimed specifically at placing the Operator into a state of suspended reality so he/she can work up enough genuine adrenal force and emotion to project the desired outcome of the Ritual on to the potential target.. It isn't about calling forth four rather evil looking dudes to assist you in your Ritual, it's just all "part of the act"to get you in the mood, writing a personal script and giving it everything you've got- invoking the 4CPH is just the opening act to prepare you for the thrilling performance to follow....

#16606 - 12/21/08 08:22 AM Re: 4 Crowned Princes of Hell [Re: spiderbreeder]
lianna666diaboli Offline
stranger

Loc: Washington, DC
Jake and spiderbreeder you both aptly mirror Anton LaVey's purpose for the Invocation. However, it is my experience that this invocation is much, much more than just the spawning of the adrenal force.

There is a purpose for the invocations of the ancients, this who have used them quite successfully to interact with Daemons, Satan and the Immortal. It has been my personal experience for over 16 years that when invocations occur, Hell is entirely and powerfully responsive. Things happen when Hell interacts with us that are at times beyond words, and the adrenal response you mention is overwhelming at times. This is not some personally invoked manifestation entirely. There is a real interaction with Hell that occurs.

To those whom Satan can detect as genuine, sincere and passionate, He empowers. They are afforded the ability to interact formally at first, then instinctively as the Infernal Alignment or Possession occurs.

A very precious and essential element of this evolution is an event of surrender and commitment of faith of the essence, which is mind, body, and soul, innermost will. This is the Blood Covenant, also known as the Blood Pact.

This is a passionate formal ceremony that is not to be done flippantly or without forethought. This is an irreversible covenant with Satan and the Infernal Realm. Once this occurs, the soul is elevated and exposed to even more profound interactions and powers bestowed by Satan. When you become under this covenant, much of what you become is instinct and passion, because Satan lives within all of you. You will be responsive to Satan, and He will to you. Those of you destined to complete this covenant have already felt something with these words I have written. You already know who and what you are.

spiderbreeder, it is my innermost desire and hunger that drives the passionate invocations I utter to Satan. This is what drives mt to reverently utter the invocations and passionate praise and prayer that makes rituals and worship so productive and beautifully fulfilling

Gloriam Satanae
lianna

[b][/b]

#16610 - 12/21/08 10:23 AM Re: 4 Crowned Princes of Hell [Re: lianna666diaboli]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
Ummmmmmmmmmm, OK? So I take it you are into the whole demon worshipping scene? Please enlighten me on how you are capable of interacting with hell.

Quote:
Those of you destined to complete this covenant have already felt something with these words I have written. You already know who and what you are.

Yes we know what we are and it had nothing to do with your headache causing writing. What honestly makes you fathom that your writing has anything to do with how anyone views themselves?
Covenant? What covenant? You mean how I live my life? If so it has nothing to do with the pointless calls to some external diety. Damn I wish wisdom and knowledge came as easy as writing my signiture in blood on some old wrinkly piece of paper. That would've made shit so much easier.

Quote:
This is what drives mt to reverently utter the invocations and passionate praise and prayer that makes rituals and worship so productive and beautifully fulfilling

Sounds counterproductive to me. Hold on let me try...

IN THE NAME OF SATAN I SIGN MY NAME GIVE ME POWER AND WISDOM!!!!

Damn nothing.

#16613 - 12/21/08 11:09 AM Re: 4 Crowned Princes of Hell [Re: lianna666diaboli]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Dude, I don't mingle too much into ritual and such but first, quit the red fonts. Sure it seems bloody or hellish and thus seriously satanic I suppose but on a forum it just is a pain in the ass to read.
Second, I smell some brotherhood of satan alike crap, your youtube page kinda affirmed it. Psychodrama and such I can live with but having a teaparty with demons and the darkdude himself seriously makes me question your mind. There is intelligent theistic Satanism out there but it seems you didn't discover it yet.

D.

#16615 - 12/21/08 11:15 AM Re: 4 Crowned Princes of Hell [Re: Ringmaster]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Well said RM.

Looking at her myspace I see yet another boring black and red 'spooky' picture laden yawnfest soundtracked by...how cliche.. black metal. Yet another angst ridden teen(?) theist. How very unremarkable.

I think she made a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

Page 1 of 4 1234>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.