Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#16813 - 12/24/08 06:01 AM "Haunted Places"
Jake999 Offline

Posting this for informational purposes only.

The Shadowlands Directory. Haunted locations near you, should you feel the need to investigate!

http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/

#16823 - 12/24/08 07:24 AM Re: "Haunted Places" [Re: Jake999]
spiderbreeder Offline

Loc: Sydney,Australia
Thanks for that Jake, I looked up the Australian locations, and I had a good laugh!

#16824 - 12/24/08 07:38 AM Re: "Haunted Places" [Re: Jake999]
Picunnus Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Wow, there's one right here in my tiny little town! I'm gonna have to investigate. Now I have something to do tomorrow besides eating chinese food and going to the movies!!

#16836 - 12/24/08 12:33 PM Re: "Haunted Places" [Re: Picunnus]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

You can add an haunted place...
Why oh why do I feel the urge to upload: "sewer where all shit belongs"?

#16840 - 12/24/08 12:50 PM Re: "Haunted Places" [Re: Dimitri]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Interesting site. There are few places listed that I have been to, my high school included, although I don't think it was really haunted. A few of the other places I am not so sure about because I did have some interesting experiences there. Those experiences could have been anything though.

#16842 - 12/24/08 12:59 PM Re: "Haunted Places" [Re: Dimitri]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
The list lists several places I have been or go often. Hell I just had lunch at 'The Old Spaghetti Factory' on Monday.

Didn't notice any apparitions, but the lasagna was dynamite and the waitress has really nice tits.

#16849 - 12/24/08 03:20 PM Re: "Haunted Places" [Re: Dan_Dread]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Strange that there is not one haunted place down here it seems.
On other places, if someone pushed his wife from the stairs in 1785, she is still walking around and booing the nighly visitors. Here where thousands and thousands suffered violent death in a couple of wars, they apparantly aren't too interested in showing their tricks. Pretty funky mechanics spookiness is subject to.

D.

#16851 - 12/24/08 03:59 PM Re: "Haunted Places" [Re: Diavolo]
Jake999 Offline

Yeah... not much consistency with death and hauntings, for sure, even though death is pretty much a universal feature of life all over the world.

This list was fun because it lists a lot of things that people have talked about for years, urban legends, that have somehow taken on a life of their own.

#16874 - 12/25/08 03:16 AM Re: "Haunted Places" [Re: Jake999]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
Didn't notice any apparitions, but the lasagna was dynamite and the waitress has really nice tits.

Ghostly tits?
Well, at least you gave an excuse to watch ghosts..

#17512 - 01/02/09 05:58 PM Re: "Haunted Places" [Re: Dimitri]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
Thanks for this link Jake. There are a few places near where I live that are apparently haunted. And it seems that (If my assumption is correct...), there is one that is practically spitting distance from where I am. I may end up going for a walk one night in the full moon with someone to see if I can see any apparitions.

#17514 - 01/02/09 06:01 PM Re: "Haunted Places" [Re: DistroyA]
Jake999 Offline

Enjoy! I have had people tell me that places are haunted beyond belief, but it seems that if I go, they ghosties are takin' the day off. But at any rate, it's a nice way to learn about the urban legends that spawn these kinds of things.

#17521 - 01/03/09 01:44 AM Re: "Haunted Places" [Re: Jake999]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
haunted places..whatever. MY house is haunted. the guy that moved out before me told me, his wife told me, and my neighbor told me.. and then my ol lady told me.. and i didnt believe any of them until a few months ago i woke up with a man at the foot of my bed. who was not actually there.
yes, probably dreaming. i agree with skeptics. but the sounds of a couple arguing and furniture moving UNDER the house, which has no basement, do get a little unsettling now and then.
we get along now, but sometimes i worry that i might be freaking them out a little. I dont want to be a bad guest.

#17525 - 01/03/09 02:48 AM Re: "Haunted Places" [Re: Bacchae]
Satansfarm Offline

Loc: america
I wonder about the reasons behind sightings like this. I have seen things levitate into the air, apparitions standing at the foot of my bed, other things like that. Then there are these weird, inexplicable dreams. By inexplicable I mean I see things that I have never seen in waking life, scenes that look like from a different time, people I have never met. people are said to use 10% of their brains. Whats the other 90% doing? It is concerned with the subconscious. So, I guess that the subconscious mind is a lot more important than most people give it credit for.
#17526 - 01/03/09 03:33 AM Re: "Haunted Places" [Re: Satansfarm]
Jake999 Offline

Just a note... don't know if it means anything or not.

When I was working at The Black House, one of the strangest things that I heard was that all of the women there had had a "visitation" in the night by someone who looked very much like Anton LaVey, prior to being brought in for whatever reason. They all SAID they had the vision... I never questioned it. It must have been a female thing, because I never had any kind of visitation. But they said that it appeared at the foot of their bed and stared at them. Shortly after, they received the call to come to meet LaVey.

I dunno if anyone told this to Rich or not, but it would be interesting to see if those during his tenure said anything along these lines.

#17534 - 01/03/09 10:58 AM Re: "Haunted Places" [Re: Satansfarm]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

The other 90% are doing just the same as those 10%. It's a myth, that 10% story, just another thing to make the dreamers dream.

D.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.