Page 3 of 90 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#10032 - 07/03/08 12:40 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: JohnTurk]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
Most of my friends know I'm a Satanist. I'm yet to reveal that aspect of myself to those of whom I'm getting to know still, as I don't know whether to trust them yet.

I think my dad has a slight hint of my Satanic orientation, but I doubt he'd give a damn anyway, since he gave me the choice to choose my own path (Even though he was bought up Roman Catholic too. How awesome is my dad.....?)

I've practically got my Baphomet pendent on all the time, so people do see it, even if they don't necessarily know what it is.

Personally, I'm pretty much safe, since most of Britain aren't exactly on a Witch hunt for "devil worshippers". But you can never be too careful....

#10071 - 07/04/08 02:58 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
SATANAS Offline
stranger

Loc: ANCHORAGE - ALASKA
i am a satanist 24 hours a day - 7 days a week - 365 days a year - im not ashamed of this and do not feel the need to hide it - if you ask me then i will tell you - people who know me well know what i do and how i do it - its not the look i have that screams satanist - so if you saw me in public you wouldnt think i was one - i didnt choose to be a satanist for the attention - as to being an in the closet satanist - all i can say is fuck that - stand tall and be proud - if people dont like it - fuck em

#10073 - 07/04/08 04:49 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: SATANAS]
Sinthesis Offline
stranger

Loc: various places in New Jersey
Lately I've been wondering if maybe I should go totally underground. Not to be dramatic or anything.

I don't tell everyone I know about my leanings, but I've told some people, and lately I've been thinking that people might judge me for it. Has anyone ever "converted" away from Satanism as far as their public image is concered? How did that go?

As far as the "authenticity" of doing this - to me being a satanist has always been about advancing your interests and developing yourself, not waving a flag. So to me being a covert satanist is probably more consistent with the ideology itself.

The only way I think the secrecy would be an obstacle is in self-development. Sometimes articulating your thoughts to others is a way of becoming more familiar with them yourself, and not telling anyone you're a satanist might but limits on your ability to do that.

#10074 - 07/04/08 04:52 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: SATANAS]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
While I do agree with the whole fuck the in the closet thing and being proud of what you are... Me personally I don't go around talking about it or displaying it openly because there is some stupid policy about dress code. But if asked or in a conversation about Satanism I will openly admit being a satanist. What is the point about drawing negative attiention to you when it's not needed?

#10077 - 07/04/08 07:23 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: SATANAS]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Knowing how to use the tools you have is key… Deceit can at times be a very powerful tool when manipulating someone to your will…

Denying a tools use or existence is just not living up to your full potential… In my opinion… After all where would we be without tools?

~T~

Edited by ta2zz (07/04/08 07:24 PM)
Edit Reason: structure

#10088 - 07/05/08 03:15 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: ta2zz]
Simon Offline
pledge

I don't go around bragging about my satanic believes, but I will answer if asked. I have a Pentagram neclace, and it raises some questions from time to time, though most people leave me alone. My mom knows. She is against my believes, but as much as I love my mom, I hate her stupid ignorance.

I had planned to get a tatoo on my chest, a Pentagram I totaly fell in love with in a tatoo-shop. Since I yet have left to become an "adult" I can't because of my mom.

My advice for thoose who want it is: Do whatever you feel is right. Tell your family first, they are usually the ones who takes it seriously. If the ones who supposably "love and care" for you, can't handle the facts. Fuck them, and get a new family.

#10129 - 07/08/08 02:21 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Simon]
blackrose Offline
stranger

While I don't go around telling people I'm a Satanist, I don't hide this fact, either. While at work, I'm discreet about my Satanism - due to practical concerns about job security, and in any case, I'm there to work, not discuss my beliefs - but when I'm away from the office, I openly wear a silver, inverted Pentagram as a necklace, and when people have asked me about it, I proudly tell them. My family (my mom, cousins, etc.) don't approve of the fact I'm a Satanist, but that's their problem. I feel that other Satanists whom I have known and loved through the years are my real family, anyway.
#10131 - 07/08/08 04:42 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: blackrose]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
I wear a silver inverted cross necklace, and very seldom do I need to hide it. I chose it over a Pentagram because to me it holds more power. It is also true that it's meaning is more visible for others to see and raises the possibility that someone may take offense, nevertheless that is not my intention. In Finland the fanatic religious are so scarce that I need not worry about being politically correct when it comes to religion and in my town my stance is somewhat known anyway because of my bands.

My family knows of my beliefs, with the exception of my grand parents and one of my aunts. I haven't seen any point in revealing my beliefs to my grand parents since they most likely would not understand even if I explained, they have after all been brought up Christian and lived their long lives as Christians, though very liberal. I love them enough not to cause them distress.
My mother is also quite religious but has accepted the way I am, and now she's even excited when I have new tattoo (which can be said to be quite dark and satanic) and is eager to see them \:\)
In our family beliefs in a way don't mean shit, family comes first what ever the situation.

#10135 - 07/08/08 05:08 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

(in my best curly impression)

Hey Moe,

Originally Posted By: MaggotFaceMoe
I wear a silver inverted cross necklace, and very seldom do I need to hide it. I chose it over a pentagram because to me it holds more power. It is also true that it's meaning is more visible for others to see and raises the possibility that someone may take offense, nevertheless that is not my intention.

Sorry Moe that cross you wear is a very Christian symbol… Here is a picture of pope John Paul II sitting on a throne which uses the inverted cross of St. Peter… Just google search inverted cross and you will find all sorts of people calling the old pope a Satanist… You will also find the truth that it is a symbol of St. Peter…

Something to use on those few that get offended, they get really surprised when they see that the symbol is one of their own… As I have said somewhere before, "All of our accepted symbols are borrowed from others"…

~T~

#10136 - 07/08/08 09:20 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: ta2zz]
SevenDeadlySins Offline
stranger

Loc: chicago illinois
I myself, am open to those whom ask and whom are curious. I think it's quite funny once people KNOW my beliefs. I usually play them up to get the upper hand and I thoroughly enjoy playing things up to the point of making things ridiculous. While in the meanwhile, try to stay straight-faced despite the ignorance and me inwardly LAUGHING at them . Yes, i am open about my beliefs. My music heralds my views.

#10144 - 07/09/08 09:41 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: ta2zz]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Yeah, I was aware of the cross of St. Peter. The definition just has, for some reason, been forgotten and taken for something else. Just like the Pentagram, inverted or not, has been used by Christians. But then again, nothing wrong with the symbolism being anti-christian as the word Satanism has the same ring to it...
And further to the point, I am anti-christian, actually anti-religious but there aren't many muslims or jews where I live so no point in going against an imaginary foe, so to speak.

Unlike the States, whose people were mostly Christian immigrants (and here I exclude the natives) Finland, and it's people were all pagans with a mythology almost identical to the Norse one and were later introduced to Christianity by the Swedish.
The story tells that when the Swedish bishop came to visit the newly converted land, a Finnish legend Lalli decapitated him with an axe.

wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lalli

There are still few people in Finland who relate to the old pagan customs and hold Lalli as a kind of cultural hero.
My anti-christianity is partially derived from the culture and has later been influenced by some intellectual before mentioned people with whom I have a pleasure to occasionally work with.
I could in a sense be wearing an axe from my neck but it might be a bit too back country style... I'm not a lumber jack after all.

edit:
The English version seems to be somewhat different than the Finnish. Much more elaborate information in the original, but I guess you get the general picture from the English version...

Edited by MaggotFaceMoe (07/09/08 09:57 AM)

#10151 - 07/09/08 11:43 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
Xande Offline
stranger

Loc: Arlington, TX, USA
You should reveal yourself as a Satanist in public only if it benefits you to do so. In certain areas, such as mine, the Christian majority would find some way to make my existence less than palatable should I show myself to be a Satanist. They would walk, pockets bulging with love, up to my symbolic doorstep and smile in hopes I didn't notice the gun pointed at my face. Such is their nature.

In this case, to proclaim my religious affiliation would be an act of martyrdom. Not only does Satanism not require martyrdom, it treats any act of self-immolation exactly the same: as an act of enormous stupidity. If one proceeds down this dangerous road with full knowledge of the consequences, they have determined their lives are secondary to posturing even as they rationalize their actions with logic such as "I'm a Satanist! We represent strength! Bow before me!"

Oh, you're strong, my friend - if only in the ability to weaponize your density. It's your gun. It's your head.

On the other side of the coin, if you live in a fairly secular area that embraces religions such as ours, revealing yourself as a Satanist will have a far different effect: acceptance. It is in this environment you can use your Satanic title as a source of power, fueled by the mysteries of the unknown you represent. It becomes one of those rare events where both title and creed converge and provide the same result: personal gain.

Thus, as a final reiteration, you should reveal yourself as a Satanist in public only if it benefits you to do so.

#10152 - 07/10/08 03:53 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: Xande]
solomon Offline
stranger

Loc: Republic of Korea
While I enjoy discussing ethics and philosophy in general with my acquaintances and being...well, challenging to them in the process, I rarely ever use the label 'Satanist' to them.
Being in the Army means many, many limitatiions on the expression of preferences and ideals and could certainly lead to negative repercussions for me were I to be more open...also I find that secrets really can have power, and that discretion often pays. I may have done things differently at fifteen years old.
I also find it wise to be cautious as I am a father of four and must be aware of all the nasty things one person making one phone call can do to us as a family...and my kids are aware of our (my wife and I)Satanic persuasion and enoy the aesthetic if not the finer points of the philosophy...that will be up to them.
So, basically only those who we consider confidates know. It works best for us that way.

#10155 - 07/10/08 05:00 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: Xande]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Where I live, the Christian majority never crosses paths with me, and I'd like to point out that I work almost next to a Christian book store/café. Some of theirs sometimes visit our store, and one in particular fully knows of my affiliation. We have a deal that he can come in if he leaves God outside \:\)
And besides, my hometown is almost infested with atheists and Satanists...

#10166 - 07/10/08 08:40 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: solomon]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
 Quote:
Being in the Army means many, many limitatiions on the expression of preferences...

Indeed.

But as you know, you will find more than a few like minds and fellow travellers - especially in Combat Arms.

I do feel that the Army is much more accepting of LHP attitudes than society in general. Calling yourself a 'satanist' will get you nowhere, but you are more than free to act like one.

Page 3 of 90 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist, Fnord 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.032 seconds of which 0.006 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.