Page 55 of 90 « First<5354555657>Last »
Topic Options
#46961 - 01/17/11 08:00 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: mabon2010]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
So Mabon, you have enough knowledge to blow holes in all Christian arguments? Interesting. Have you heard all Christian arguments, or are you merely assuming that no matter what argument a Christian tosses your way, you have a verbal kick thrust ready?

You have the “One”? Who is the “One” – Lucifer? What makes you think you have the “One”, and why do you think the “One” gives two shits about you?

You have reincarnation? Prove it.

#46964 - 01/17/11 08:26 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: William Wright]
mabon2010 Offline

Loc: The Commonwealth of Great Brit...
@ William Wright

CHRISTIANS
I have debated with Christians for years, there is now little that would surprise me. I doubt there is anything that can trip me up regarding Christians, they have simplistic minds, and work within a predictable "paradigm".

THE "ONE"
I refer you to Plotinus..
Lucifer - is me or you as per my definitions. I am a Light Bearer, as is anyone who follows a path of enlightenment or self empowerment.
The "One" cares nothing about me or you or anything - it has no mind.

REINCARNATION
Requires another topic to debate this. It would be off topic in this thread to debate reincarnation.

Edited by mabon2010 (01/17/11 08:30 PM)

#46967 - 01/17/11 10:16 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: mabon2010]
William Wright Offline

I like your answer concerning the “One”. It makes sense. Sorry, but it ruffles my feathers a bit when people make statements such as “I can blow holes in all Christian arguments” when they couldn’t have possibly considered all Christian arguments. Carry on.

#47008 - 01/19/11 08:49 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: William Wright]
BoBoBad Offline
stranger

Loc: USA
When it comes to Christianity and "fighting againest it" I have a different take. These people have absolute faith that they are right. So, you have to know their theology inside and out in order to blow the logic of it apart. It's alot of time and energy wasted. Unless God appears to a xian and says be a Satanist (Luciferian), they are not going to change their mind. Why argue with a wall? It's not worth it.

#47012 - 01/19/11 09:46 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: BoBoBad]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
William,

I doubt Mabon could tackle presuppositionalism if delivered by a strong apologist. When I encountered this for the first time, I drew even. And I'm Jason King for crying out loud.

To the topic of the containing post: beliefs are not public by their very nature. I share my Satanic stance only with those who are ready to receive it. "Dressing up" = Satanic fail.

JK

#47013 - 01/19/11 10:11 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Jason King]
JysusCryst Offline
stranger

Loc: Iraq
When did this turn into a "Christian vs. Satanism" thread? Anyway...

Am I a Satanist is public? Well, yes and no. It really all depends on the situation. I don't go around declaring "I'm a Satanist! Fear me!" at everyone on the street, or anyone at all for that matter. I just go about my daily business.

If the topic comes up, and I don't believe it would be detrimental in my current situation, then yes, I tell the party asking that I am a Satanist. I've gotten everything from "You worship the devil!" to "Anton LaVey, right?"

Now, I was raised in a Missionary Baptist Christian church, and I did pay attention in Sunday School, so if I see the need to hide my religious beliefs, I can claim Atheism as well a Christianity (very convincingly), whichever one better suits my needs at that time.

At work I'm pretty open about my religion. Everyone in my unit knows I'm a Satanist, and now one has a problem with it (at least, none that I know about). A few jokes and some good conversations with the more open minded people is all that really comes of it.

My immediate family knows that I'm Satanist. Mom, Dad, sisters, and I'm not sure if my brother was old enough to understand. I also think he is 'religiously naive' as he has barely ever even been to a church, and I hope it stays that way. I could tell my parents because they weren't 'extreme Christians.' My Grandfather on the other hand is a Baptist preacher, so of course he still thinks I'm a good little Christian boy! My whole family knows what hell it would raise if he ever found out, so it's all very hush-hush, for all of our sakes.

#47050 - 01/20/11 05:59 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: JysusCryst]
thedeadidea Offline

I am a satanist at all times in public as such i have prudence and know when to kick my mouth shut rather then adorn myself in satanic iconography grinning at the KICK ME sign and looking forward to the fight. The retarded version is playing the political correctness game. If someone wants to fight that battle go right ahead I am utterly disinterested. If I get a christian burial I don't really give a fuck on account of the fact I will be dead my consciousness gone ergo my opinion is utterly arbitary.

In terms of sharing my beliefs with a few individuals sure I have done that. But I read the mood. I only have a few people I would in anyway describe as being precious to me or my life the rest of the world I would say I more or less approach with a luke warm fondness but largely indifferent to. In terms of what a sea of strangers think it is as arbitary to me as what their preference is for meals. As I will not be dining in their company it is of little concern.

#47106 - 01/20/11 10:43 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
TrollovGrimness Offline
stranger

Loc: Montreal
I'm public and admit it but act like it doesn't matter. So it doesn't.

#47182 - 01/22/11 01:56 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: TrollovGrimness]
Ares Offline
lurker

I never hide my philosophy, however i don't wear anything visible "satanic", which is good, you can blend with others nicely and then introduce them to different ideas and concepts, without using any words which would trigger rejection or fear.

When some other satanist is around we usually recognize each other intuitively. We are different, and you can feel this if you wear certain things or not.

#47516 - 01/29/11 03:56 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: JohnTurk]
AllaPrima Offline
lurker

Loc: Brooklyn, New York
I dont think that it's nessicary to tell everyone I meet what my beliefs are or that I am a Satanist, just as any other religion one doesnt introduce themselves to you by saying, "Hi, Im Mary, Im Christian" (USUALLY). Now that is not to say that I hide the fact that I am a satanist, but its not something that I parade around telling everyone I meet. If the topic arises I will share my personal philosphies and what I believe and the way I think, but unless I'm confortable with a person and believe its the right thing and/or will benifit myself, then I will tell them that I am in fact a Satanist. In doing so I will also let them know what that entails, and what it means and that no, I am not devilworshipper or any of that, and just a bit of background as to what I believe and what my opinion of Satanism actually is. As most peoples view of Satanism as some crazy devil worshipping, baby sacrificing nonsense, i feel its nessicary to give a little information as to what it is that I actually mean when I say that I am a Satanist.

Edited by AllaPrima (01/29/11 03:59 PM)

#47531 - 01/29/11 07:17 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: AllaPrima]
myk5 Offline

@William Wright:
I can blow holes in Christian arguments if only because I'm foolish enough to believe, if not know for certain, it is a constant to all Christianities that God is all powerful and yet free will exists, or... and yet God is 'Good'.

All powerful = all responsible, there's no way out of that.

Of course an exceptional Christian may explain that paradox is inherent to the nature of God - but in that case I need not poke holes in theology as the Christian is happily doing it himself! (theology being the study of religious truth, not possible if you take truth away)

Edited by myk5 (01/29/11 07:27 PM)

#47545 - 01/29/11 10:18 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: myk5]
William Wright Offline

Myk5, I agree that Satanic arguments, based on logic, tend to hold up better than Christian arguments, based on faith. However, by their sheer numbers one must reasonably conclude that some of the greatest debaters on the planet happen to be Christians. Some have attained doctrates in theology and written several books on the subject. I suspect that while you may able to out-argue most Christians, some of these guys would probably have you spinning in circles. It doesn’t mean that they’re correct, only that they’re very good at what they do.

It’s not always about guilt or innocence, just ask O.J. Sometimes it’s about who’s the better lawyer.

#47548 - 01/30/11 01:01 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: William Wright]
myk5 Offline

@William Wright:

Well, I throw down the gauntlet because it would be a refreshing experience to have a Christian actually out argue me rather than concede all there is to do is to agree to disagree. If you meet such a Christian, don't hesitate to introduce me.

The difficulty Christians have arguing with non Christians is that Christianity is its own paradigm, and that way it is very much akin to law. But as an American lawyer from New York with no experience in international law might have a hard time pressing a case in Communist China - brilliant theologians are trained in Biblical paradigms and they simply may not be tested or prepared for secular paradigms, where I'm coming from.

Christians don't operate from reason, the entire foundation of Christianity is blind faith. Otherwise Christianity might look suspiciously like an astro-mythological construct entirely unrelated to actual people.

Edited by myk5 (01/30/11 01:08 AM)

#47596 - 01/30/11 12:31 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: myk5]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
If a skeptic with even a tenuous grasp of logic gets into a debate with an intelligent Christian, their discussion will eventually run into a glass wall that divides the two and makes the whole talk useless, if not for the semantic sport of it all.

That wall is faith; the base assumption of Christianity. On the other side of the wall stands the learned Christian scholar and his vast web of theology, biblical arguments, and metaphysical sophisms, with which Christianity has been able to give itself an air of intellectual sophistication. But it all rests upon believing the unbelievable. Any attempts to make it seem believable usually brings Christianity down to the level of every other "religion" vying for ones' soul, to the point where it is impossible to see any extraordinary difference between them.

Often the two contenders will press up against the glass wall, grasping around for a logical way through to relate to the other side, but to no avail. They are often left with little other option than to agree to disagree.

Edited by The Zebu (01/30/11 12:32 PM)

#47644 - 01/31/11 01:21 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: The Zebu]
Meatl Gear Offline
stranger

I sometimes say things like "hail satan" just to get under people's skins but other times I keep it secret. My definition of Satanism isn't theistic so it's easier to defend. I'm also not a lavey satanist (radical individualism), I'm more of a hypothetical satanist. In the hypothetical situation that the deity existed, I would worship the deity.

Because my position is logical, it's easy to defend.

Page 55 of 90 « First<5354555657>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.04 seconds of which 0.014 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.