Page 62 of 90 « First<6061626364>Last »
Topic Options
#51246 - 03/18/11 06:07 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Diavolo]
Anastasia Offline
stranger

Look, I don't know about you.. But I adore Satan.. I came here to look for some answers.. In these 16 years you've mentioned, terrible things happend.. Actually, I thought I'm mad.. Then I've read few books and found out there are people who's got same problem.. That's why I'm here..
#51247 - 03/18/11 06:10 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Anastasia]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Shit happens my dear and there is no shame in looking for answers or knowledge but remember, one can adore Satan but Satan represents tough love.

I suggest you read around here and maybe find the answers you seek.

D.

#51248 - 03/18/11 06:16 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Diavolo]
Anastasia Offline
stranger

If I tell you, you'll say that I'm mad, but.. Have you ever heared voices telling you what to do, have you ever seen paintings moving on the wall by themselves, have you ever heared every mind somebody thinks about you?! I have! That is what I'm looking for here.. Someone who knows about that..
#51249 - 03/18/11 06:19 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Anastasia]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

To be honest, if this happens when you are awake, I think you might have more use going to a psychiatrist.

Most of this points to schizophrenia, arising between 15 and 30.

D.

#51250 - 03/18/11 06:25 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Diavolo]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
I agree with Diavolo here. If you are not experimenting with hallucinatory drugs (and even if you are) and these experiences cause you distress then you need to consider getting professional help with your mental health.

#51251 - 03/18/11 06:28 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Diavolo]
Anastasia Offline
stranger

I do not know whether I am awake, just remember what I saw. touching the ceiling at night ... something like astral travel, I found in books about it .. At first I thought it was a dream, and then I tried to convince. before bed I wet the nails in red ink. the moment when I touched the ceiling, I began to scratch my nails on it .. on the ceiling I've found traces of red ink. still think I need a psychiatrist?
#51253 - 03/18/11 06:32 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Anastasia]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Yes that, or a ticket to the backdoor.

Look, I am not concerned about you or your health and even if you are just playing a game here, I could care less either. In the end, this is as important to me as staring at the wall counting breaths.

I did my job, you do with it what you want.

D.

#51255 - 03/18/11 06:36 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Diavolo]
Anastasia Offline
stranger

All I asked is an information about it, if you know it, of course.. I am not playing games here, and I ask you for help.. Not to worry about me.. \:\/
#51260 - 03/18/11 07:09 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Anastasia]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Suck it up. You received a bunch of good information from Diavolo and felix. Now go write an introductory post with all your questions and whining about floating to ceiling in that thread.

It is very apparent that you did not even read this whole thread before replying to it or you would have known better and learned a few things.

Go see a doctor and if you still desire, go read the Satanic Bible in the media room. It's free.

Morgan

#51262 - 03/18/11 07:56 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Anastasia]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I'm going to hold back on the caustic sarcasm welling up inside me and just give some straight-up advice.

If you consider that dream anecdote as possibly being real, then clearly you should rely on more than some tiny markings on a ceiling if you're looking for objective proof of supposedly supernatural abilities.

In truth, most "examples" given by people who have experienced similar things are nothing more than misinterpretations. We all encounter tiny little coincidences and odd occurrences that are difficult to explain. Everyone does. But some people use these small anecdotes to validate some sort of grandiose cosmological fantasy. They become increasingly delusional and their claims become more and more absurd, but in the end the only "proof" they can fall back on are vague and insignificant "deja vus". But the truth is, the whatever visions or voices you see are all in your head, and based upon psychological conditioning, not reality. This problem is greatly worsened if you're actually "seeing" things on a regular basis.

Whatever things you see and voices you hear are images drawn from your subconscious, so if you are studying Satanism, then your experiences will seem more "Satanic."

To illustrate, I once met a woman who dabbled in the occult in her teens, and started seeing demons everywhere. This started to worry her, so her family urged her to seek professional help. Instead she converted to Christianity, hoping that accepting Jesus would drive the devils away. The demons are gone-- but now she hears and sees angels everywhere!

There is nothing wrong with altered states of consciousness if they are ritually controlled and induced naturally. Unfortunately, some people do not have an "off" switch because of health problems, which is why such people are not encouraged to take up practical occultism.

Chances are I would warn against seeking out other people who hear voices and see waking visions; they will only reinforce your mistakes. It's sort of like "pro ana" communities online that encourage other girls to continue being anorexic.

Yes, admitting you have a psychiatric health problem is not as glamorous as believing what you see is "real". But in the end, you have a problem-- or at least as far as I can tell from my limited online perception of you. It's not an insult to your sanity; I mean no offense. If you think you might need some assistance, seek professional help. I have family with psychiatric issues, and I've seen what can happen if such things go too long uncontrolled.

You can either accept or disregard my suggestions; it's entirely in your hands.

#51266 - 03/18/11 08:22 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: JohnTurk]
bremloc Offline
stranger

Loc: Ohio
I'm public enough for those who are aware to pick up on it. I can't just come right out everywhere and say the religious philosophy I have aligned myself with is called Satanism, I work with very xian people who already give me a hard enough time on just being Atheist. My friends know, my family knows thats all that I care about. I do plan on getting some tats that represent this though.
#51515 - 03/21/11 08:08 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Morgan]
tuathacoagula Offline
stranger

Loc: Japan
When I read through this thread recently, I asked myself the question "am I Satanic in public?" I am currently having to break this down into three areas for my own understanding: thoughts, actions and aesthetics.

For the aesthetics angle, I would have to say that personally I read this as striving to achieve the highest aesthetic beauty that one can as an individual. By doing this, I feel that the individual is able to tap into their own self-confidence and carry themselves with a weight and authority. It is more than the old idiom "The suit maketh the man", because not every person can carry off a particular aesthetic and make it work for them.

I then considered my Satanic though process. The Satanic thoughts, in public or in private are something that -for me currently- are under constant scrutiny. This is not because I am attempting to unpick or outwit the writings of LaVey, but rather my own actions and thoughts. I am attempting to consciously interrogate my own actions and thought processes to better understand and improve myself. At some point I anticipate that this will become a more natural process of mindfulness as well as reflection.

This moves me onto what I called "Satanic Actions". I reflect and ask myself "do I act Satanically?" Within the terms laid out in the Satanic Statements, Sins and Rules of the Earth, I would say that I strive to do these things. But for me it is something that need a psychological aspect. By this I mean actions without knowledge are useless. To me, there must be a psychological aspect to what I am attempting. Be it a power game acted out as a mating ritual, or a method of self preservation within the scope of wider social interaction.

Originally Posted By: Morgan
I would say, gauge your situation. If its better to stay in the closet at your age inorder to manipulate and get ahead, then stay in the closet.

This is a point that I view with a lot of validity. I read this as tying in to my long winded attempt to say something along the lines of "be true to yourself, but play the game". Without getting all biblical, it is about becoming the wolf in sheep's clothing. There is no point in cutting my nose off to spite my face, and whilst one can argue that by doing this I am perhaps being unnecessarily fluid and accommodating in my interactions, I hope that I have an eye on the bigger picture. An eye that is reflected in my thoughts, actions and outward appearance.

#51737 - 03/24/11 10:28 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
Big Johnitalia Offline
stranger

I don't openly share this information about myself. First and foremost, what do I have to gain from telling others that I am a Satanist? Satanism is a label that we put on ourselves. Why hang ourselves with our own rope? Keeping information to yourself can be powerful. If I was openly Satanic at my job, I probably would not have been promoted like I have. To be honest, money and profesional esteem are more important to me than my peers knowing who I really am.

When I have discussions with others about philosophy I share a lot, but not everything. It really depends on who the person is. Those closest to me know what I believe. My beliefs tend to be amoral and misanthropic. I beg the question, but I really dont share what I believe with many.

#51745 - 03/25/11 03:25 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Big Johnitalia]
666DemonDog Offline
stranger

Big Johnitalia, the subject of being amoral and misanthropic alone could be an interesting thread all by itself. When a subject that comes up and people moralize it, it is amazing the reaction one gets from being amoral to the situation. I have noticed at my place of employment how morality differs so much with age and culture. It is interesting to observe among groups and individuals. As a Satanist my outlook is very different, even amongst people of my own age. About misanthropic, I can tend to be that way myself, except those I care about or choose to be around. It sure isn't most of my coworkers! I thoroughly do enjoy observing and analyzing people. The other day the managers and administrators took our department out to dinner at a nice steak house if a person wanted to go. I gracefully declined, I may have to work with these people, but I sure as hell don't want to hang out with them outside of work.

#51747 - 03/25/11 07:44 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: 666DemonDog]
Big Johnitalia Offline
stranger

666DemonDog, you bring up some interesting points. I do not use any moral base for making decisions in my daily life. I try to break things down as simple as possible, success or failure scenarios. What is a benefit to myself, and what is going to hold me back. I do not consider the impact of others, unless they are close to me. My office definitely has a few martyr's, those who work themselves to the bone for the benefit of others that do not deserve it. When I work, I make sure it is for my benefit, and that I am rewarded. That is part of the reason I do not share my Satanism with my co-workers. My motives would become transparent, and then I would be un-successful.

We could probably have an entire subject on this board about misanthropy. I do have normal relationships. I am married, and have some close friends. However, I despise humanity in general. Particularly the "herd". I enjoy people watching, and being autonomous in large groups. Herd mentality makes me sick. It is a sick fascination I guess. I hate the large group, but I love to watch them from a distance.

Page 62 of 90 « First<6061626364>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.043 seconds of which 0.016 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.