Page 9 of 90 « First<7891011>Last »
Topic Options
#12230 - 10/05/08 12:24 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: JohnTurk]
BloodHorn Offline

Loc: Stockbridge Ga
i dont hide how i feel but i try not to wear things in front of my family that would offend them.they know im not christian but i dunno if they know im a satanist.but for the most part they leave me be because they know i dont like people to force there beliefs on me as i dont push mine on them.but thats only towards my family but when it comes to others i will damn sure put how i feel in there face because they put there beliefs in my face.and here in georgia you get a lot of christians trying to force there ways on you as i do live in the bible belt.

#12263 - 10/06/08 11:25 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: BloodHorn]
Arkham Offline
stranger

Loc: European Union, Sweden
I've never had any problems regarding my religion. My parents don't mind and the local priest thinks it's kind of interesting. Don't know but I think that Sweden and Norway, maybe Denmark, are the only countries were one can listen to a debate between a Christian priest and a Satanist regarding religion, without the priest starting to convince the Satanist which faith is the only true. No one takes any offense when I performs my rituals or takes part in a ceremony. That is one of the best things with Sweden, world's number one Atheist country. Almost total religious understanding, besides from some Abrahamistic sects and cults. I don't wear clothes which is suggesting about my religion, no need to when everyone knows what I stand for.

#12268 - 10/06/08 12:30 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
HALL-oween Offline
stranger

Loc: New York
Hello all, I am new here and am interested in intereacting.
I will say that I used to be much more flamboyant and open about my religious affiliation. I found that there were some problems but not many. Looking back, I don't think it was so much to do with my religion as much as being a novice at lesser magic. Presently, I do wear my baphomet openly in public, but not atr work. I rarely talk with others about it only because I feel that religion is a personal matter. There are a few people that I may discuss it with on an intelligent level but they are few and far between. I could probably wear it openly at work, but then people would ask about it, then I must explain (but usually defend). What is interesting is that in public I always get the looks, no matter if I am dressed all in black with tattoos showing and baphomet displayed, or whether the baphomet is not displayed and in a suit. As a person who has both been open and private I would say that your level of understanding of lesser magic should dictate how open you are, as well as other aspects such as geography, family, work, etc.

#12283 - 10/06/08 05:26 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
Future General Offline
stranger

Loc: Missouri, USA
Well I only tell people if they ask, or sometimes it comes up randomly in conversation but so far only my close friends know I'm a Satanist. I tried to let people know in Illonis but that just got my Satanic Bible, Ritual Books, and Warlock Books, burnt in a bomb fire. Then in Florida just got me kicked out of town. In Missouri so far i try to show I'm a Satanist, but mostly try to keep it private.
#12305 - 10/07/08 05:29 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
William Offline
stranger

Loc: North Carolina, USA
You don't have to tell anybody. There is no pressure to do so. Telling someone about your unreligious beliefs, depend mostly on that person.

1) How well do you know this person?

2) Can you trust him or her?

3) Is your secret worth telling?

4) Be aware of the attitudes and psychology of the people around you. The more he/she divulges, the better off you are.

5)Only let people know what you want them to know. Never put yourself at a disadvantage. Lesser Magic= wile and guile.

#12580 - 10/12/08 11:51 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: William]
Herne The Hunter Offline
stranger

Loc: New Zealand
I dont tell people unless they cotton on... My religion is very personal to me. Needless to say, my family dislike it and my girlfriend is terrified of it, no matter how I try and explain it to her. But I guess thats due to her christian flatmates. I dont flaunt it as I find the general response is one of fear and distrust. In saying that some who I have spoken to have been very interested, enough to read the Satanic Bible with an open mind, but still distrustful of the term "Satanist". So I guess mine is a mixed reaction from those who know my religion.

#12581 - 10/13/08 12:13 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Herne The Hunter]
BloodHorn Offline

I'm just waiting for the bomb to drop from my family about me being a Satanist. The only one i think will not have a problem will be my grandpa. He has a open mind. Hell he got me listening to Marilyn Manson when i was 14.
But I dunno who knows with in my family yet, But I know once they find out, It will start a family war. I'm not going to fight with them about this, So i will tell them simply 'Leave me alone about it, Or leave me alone all together'
Maybe thats the wrong thing to say but i don't believe what they do, And I'm not going to fake it like i did as a teen. I hate living a lie. Makes a man{or women} miserable.

#12586 - 10/13/08 03:53 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: BloodHorn]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Quote:

I'm neither in nor out of the closet. I don't hide my beliefs / philosophy if it comes up in conversation, although I don't often label it as Satanism unless I'm sure the other person is understanding what I'm saying.

+1

I don't drop the S bomb much when dealing with the plebes. Only when I am sure introducing this label to someone will not be counterproductive to my continued peace of mind and existence do I bother. Given the reward to possible headache ratio,that is quite rare.

#12602 - 10/13/08 04:43 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dan_Dread]
primal-mortal Offline
stranger

Loc: Auckland, New Zealand
I tend to display it in public without consideration for those who may frown down on it. In the over pretentious country in residing in, little is known about Satanist beliefs. This is fine with me because you donít tend to get approached by burdening questions. The ones that do ask are quickly shut down with their false idea on the subject.
#12605 - 10/13/08 05:31 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: primal-mortal]
BloodHorn Offline

Keep displaying your belief Prime-Mortal. why should we not be able to when Christians and other religious nuts are able to display theres?
By the way do governments recognize Satanism as a religion these days? Do the CoS and FcoS get tax breaks as the Christian Church's do? I don't get into politics, Its just money hungry bastards out for money in my view. And they never follow through what they say they will.

Edited by BloodHorn (10/13/08 05:31 PM)

#12607 - 10/13/08 06:09 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: BloodHorn]
primal-mortal Offline
stranger

Thanks and trust me I plan to keep doing so, too bad if others find it uncomfortable. Ill keep it in the open just like those hypocrites who dominate unopposed. Not sure if itís recognised worldwide, but here Id seriously doubt it.

Iím not much for politics either, though some how I donít see a Satanist entering a government position. Not without serious religious ridicule which then would probably lead to expulsion.

#12608 - 10/13/08 06:25 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: primal-mortal]
BloodHorn Offline

you are welcome man.
' though some how I donít see a Satanist entering a government position. Not without serious religious ridicule which then would probably lead to expulsion.'
That is true. People fear Satanism, But yet they no nothing about it. Except what there bible says about it.
Its funny because i have tryed to get some to read the SB but they tell me no, I will go to hell if i touch that thing. What a stupid excuse for not wanting to expand there horizon.

#12610 - 10/13/08 07:36 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: BloodHorn]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Quote:

Keep displaying your belief Prime-Mortal. why should we not be able to when Christians and other religious nuts are able to display theres?

Do you feel there is a place for martyrs in Satanism?

#12618 - 10/13/08 08:24 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dan_Dread]
primal-mortal Offline
stranger

Personally I donít think so, if there was a satanic martyr he/she would have to go out of their way to do so. Maybe if you were that way inclined. An extremist could possibly be another description for it, or something to aspire to.

Yet in saying all that just like the false fascists of our society, a martyr sacrifices for the greater cause. A restriction on oneself for others to benefit isnít something Id wish.

tricky qustion...

#12620 - 10/13/08 08:32 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: primal-mortal]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Well I have to admit my question was a loaded one.

The greater cause, or rather, the greatest cause to a Satanist is of course, his or herself. That is the nuts and bolts of it.

Page 9 of 90 « First<7891011>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.033 seconds of which 0.007 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.