Page 16 of 90 « First<1415161718>Last »
Topic Options
#17228 - 12/30/08 06:49 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Diavolo]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Just for the record, I have 'Satanic' tattoos. I have never once regretted getting either of them. Honestly, the only people that even know they are Satanic symbols are usually those that I tell. Most are completely clueless as to what things mean.

#17229 - 12/30/08 07:14 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dan_Dread]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Mikey, people will fuck with you and try to get you fired from a job, not hire you, not date you, and etc.. Just because you put it out there that you are a supposed "satanist".

Look at it as a need to know basis, if they dont need to know, why tell them.

On the other hand, I wear a big bright red baphomet shirt on occassions, and have my bap tattoo as well. BUT there is a time and place for everything.

Job/school interviews, dont talk politics, religion, & sex.

Come on, common sense Mikey.

Morgan

#17233 - 12/30/08 09:11 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Morgan]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
 Quote:
Mikey, people will fuck with you and try to get you fired from a job, not hire you, not date you, and etc.. Just because you put it out there that you are a supposed "satanist".

Look at it as a need to know basis, if they dont need to know, why tell them.

I understand this, but what I meant was if they do ask, because of my baphomet necklace or whatever, I don't see a problem with answering their questions.

Quote:
On the other hand, I wear a big bright red baphomet shirt on occassions, and have my bap tattoo as well. BUT there is a time and place for everything.

Job/school interviews, dont talk politics, religion, & sex.

Come on, common sense Mikey.

Exactly. Trust me, I know what you guys are talking about...Maybe I need to choose my words more wisely. I know it's a heavy title to hold, and I know all about how people will judge me, but it doesn't matter to me what outsiders really think. I'm proud of what and who I am and nothing is going to change that. And I know the whole "don't ask don't tell" thing comes into effect with this, but I have no problem with explaining myself to those that are interested. If they are going to be assholes about it, so be it.

As you said, there's a time and place for everything. I know not to show up at a job interview with visible satanic tattoos and a baphomet necklace showing, that would just be downright stupid. However, I feel in some situations, there's nothing wrong with being open about it.

#17277 - 12/31/08 02:54 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Diavolo]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Indeed. There's no need to flaunt it.

I realize I'm not that much older than you, Mike, but I don't really think your current approach will hold too well once you're done with school and in the real world. For now you can probably get away with wearing a baphomet every day and explaining it to the curious while you're in school and out with your friends, but once you join the working society it's going to be different.

Would you wear it to a job interview, knowing it might weird out your potential employer? Or would you wear it every day during work, aware that a prejudiced Christian boss might use it as an excuse to start thinking of reasons to fire you?

Overall, the best test of this would be time. So until then, think about whether you'd still be wearing your Baphomet every day 20 years from now.
____
re: Diavolo

as much as I'd like to deck my flesh out with piercings and sigils, I'm far too fickle to actually do it, since I'd want to completely change my tattoos to something else every week.

Although as far as symbols go, I prefer to use lesser-known Satanic signs like the Sigil of Lucifer and the Sulphuric Cross. The inverted Pentagram/baphomet is WAAAY too overused, and you get some interesting conversations when you run into people who are actually read on the occult enough to actually know what they are.

#17295 - 12/31/08 05:50 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: The Zebu]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Well, I am going to get the sigil, on my upper right arm, as it doesn't matter to me who really sees it... they should be cool with it anyway. I am at a wonderful point in my existence, where this sort of thing can be done. Anyone in disagreement, fuck 'em. Otherwise, it would be totally covered during an interview, I'm not that out of it... We needs to get paid...

It will be in the style of my choosing, not in the "LaVey-ian" demonstration...

and, one other thing first, but this is not a thread of tattoos...

#17297 - 12/31/08 06:07 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: The Zebu]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I still got the goat head, although a version from a Belgian comic called "Lord of Darkness" by Comes and some other shit but nothing is overly satanic any longer or overly anything, besides maybe overly weird. Still, I can put on a sweater and look completely normal, well at the level of not showing tats.
That's what it's about, I can look as I prefer and can blend in or stand out when desired. I'm not putting specific stuff on me and hell, I consider it a nightmare scenario if I'd ever sit somewhere and someone approached me saying; "I noticed you carry the sigil drawn on page 154 of the Green Grimoire of Pope Benedictus XIII..." No, just leave me alone, if I want to talk to people, I will take the initiative.

What Mike defines as being proud and not minding to answer questions = I like to talk about the shit and share MY profound knowledge because I think my philosophy is so potent it MUST be shared. The symptoms of a viral infection. Once you realize it is a virus, you also know that parts of what the virus makes you do is only benefiting the virus; must replicate, must replicate... Hosts don't matter to it.

D.

#17329 - 12/31/08 11:02 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
KevTallica Offline
lurker

Loc: Salisbury, Maryland
I would say I am a Satanist in public only because I'm not afraid of persecution. Surprisingly most of the people I've told have reacted rather well with hardly any negative feedback. My father is Catholic and my mother is a Jehovah's Witness and I am a Satanist. We all three get into religious debates and it's really healthy; we all want to learn from one another and not put anyone else's religion down because that defeats the purpose of having a healthy discussion. Only a few name-tag Christians who I've told have gotten upset simply because they hear the word "Satan" in the title and automatically assume what all usually do. Other than that, I'm proud to be a Satanist regardless and even if I was highly persecuted for it I wouldn't waiver. It is a good point that nothing but negativity would come if you were to "come out," but if the question persists to bother you then obviously you want to do it, and no matter what repercussions there might be, you'll probably be proud of yourself for taking that step in not caring what other think of you.
#17332 - 12/31/08 11:16 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: KevTallica]
Picunnus Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Seriously, where do they get their scripts? Who is handing these things out?

#17333 - 12/31/08 11:17 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Picunnus]
KevTallica Offline
lurker

What do you mean?
#17334 - 12/31/08 11:24 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: KevTallica]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Quote:

I'm proud to be a Satanist regardless and even if I was highly persecuted for it I wouldn't waiver.

Quote:

and no matter what repercussions there might be, you'll probably be proud of yourself for taking that step in not caring what other think of you.

I keep seeing these exact same critical misunderstandings of Satanism over and over and over....

Do you really think there is room in Satanism for martyrs? Does 'counterproductive pride' have no meaning to you?

#17336 - 12/31/08 11:31 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dan_Dread]
KevTallica Offline
lurker

But I don't see it as martyrdom I see it as self-fulfillment. If you're not happy with being "in the closet" then come out and, if you like it, you've fulfilled yourself, if you don't, you were better off in the closet. I'm not suggesting to go either way, I'm just saying that for this guy, it's a possibility that hiding his Satanism from people may not be his best choice, since obviously he's questioning it.
#17339 - 12/31/08 11:36 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: KevTallica]
Picunnus Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I want all the scripts thrown in a big pile and burned. Can we organize that?

#17340 - 12/31/08 11:39 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Picunnus]
KevTallica Offline
lurker

What scripts are you talking about???
#17341 - 12/31/08 11:54 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: KevTallica]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Let me guess..
You listen to metallica, and your real name is Kevin?

#17343 - 12/31/08 12:05 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: KevTallica]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

You just don't get it.

It goes against everything Satanism stands for to knowingly do something that will be self harmful and counterproductive. If you do everything that 'feels good' without thought or measure you will soon find yourself in the thrall of mediocrity and worse yet, will find opportunity scarce.

And it IS martyrdom to lay yourself on the line for your beliefs. Patently. Unless you have something to gain that outweighs the potential harm.

As for the script thing, I won't presume to speak for anyone, but I think she is referring to the same script all you teen newcomers seem to be reading from. As I mentioned, there is what seems like an unending stream of kids(and admittedly, some adults) that wear Satanism like a coat, and seem completely unaware that the covering isn't important at all, or even that there is more to it than that.

Page 16 of 90 « First<1415161718>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.043 seconds of which 0.008 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.