Page 5 of 90 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#10713 - 08/16/08 05:14 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Jaguar]
harrison Offline
pledge

Loc: winnipeg Mb, canada
Dont worry man i am also a closet satanist and i actually got fired from my job for being true to myself. as for my friends they all know i am a satanist and they are also(mostly) however when it comes to my parents they have rejected me since i became a satanist in 2004. it is not an easy life to live, but as long as we are true to ourselves we will do fine.

#10723 - 08/17/08 01:12 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: harrison]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
What specifically got you fired, if you don't mind me asking? Are you sure it was relevant to your Satanism?

My hair is grown down between the neck and shoulders, and sometimes I wear a unicursal hexagram, but other than that, there's nothing really abnormal about my look. I haven't gotten any problems so far.

When asked about my religious views, I don't mind saying "Satanism" if they know me well or are open-minded about the matter. Otherwise I just say something along the lines of "I believe in individualism and self-empowerment to live life to the fullest, as opposed to submission to an external deity"

My parents ("catholic-by-proxy") don't know, however, mostly because the issue hasn't been brought up- and we haven't been to mass in a year or discussed anything explicitly religious recently. It will come up eventually though, so hopefully I'm ready to tell them. They probably won't take it lightly, considering when I temporarily dyed my hair black one month my mom flipped out and thought I would become an "evil-worshiping Satanist" and start "cutting myself".... But overall they're fairly open-minded about religion and they're no strangers to how dark and macabre my art is... so I have my fingers crossed.

#10739 - 08/19/08 12:00 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: The Zebu]
Nordgard Offline
stranger

Loc: Germany, NRW, Kempen (near col...
aboout the question "are you a satanist in public"
yes of course!
but i have to say: i am not a modern satanist or something like that. i am more then traditional! there is a new way of Satanism in germany called "noctism" or in his archetype (german) "Noctismus".. its more then "be yourself" or pray to satan, its a complete philosophy and lifestyle with rites and other kindas!
Back to topic:
Yes of course i live my life: i avouch for what i represent!
But now i have to apologize my bad english ;\) never learned that stuff that much ;\)
I see: my mother know that i am a "satanist" but for her its all bullshit, she's a one of that people who never think about philosophy or rhe right of life ;\)

#10781 - 08/20/08 03:52 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Nordgard]
ORANGE Offline
lurker

THIS IS A SHAME THAT WE HAVE TO EVEN TALK ABOUT THIS. IT JUST SHOWS HOW CLOSE MINDED PEOPLE CAN BE ABOUT SOMEONE BEING A SATANIST.THE RIGHT WING HAVE NO PROBLEM TELLING YOU WHAT THEY BELIVE IN.HELL THEY WILL EVEN COME TO YOUR HOUSE.TELL THEM YOU ARE A SATANIST ONE TIME AND YOU WILL NEVER GO BACK IN THE "CLOSET" AGAIN.JUST BE PROUND OF WHAT YOU ARE.
#10785 - 08/20/08 05:52 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: ORANGE]
Seti 352 Offline
stranger

Loc: USA
I am open with my beliefs, but I know when to be quiet or discreet. ;\) Many will say "Be true to yourself." and that is valid to a certain point. However, there are dangers to that approach. You could lose your job, apartment or even custody of children. (Especially if they are adopted, etc.) I lost custody of my nephew over this. I don't say this to persuade anyone of any approach, but rather to reinforce the idea that there are religious dorks out there, with a lot of power and money, who have nothing better to do than mess with your life.

-Seti

#10790 - 08/20/08 08:21 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: ORANGE]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: ORANGE
THIS IS A SHAME THAT WE HAVE TO EVEN TALK ABOUT THIS. IT JUST SHOWS HOW CLOSE MINDED PEOPLE CAN BE ABOUT SOMEONE BEING A SATANIST.THE RIGHT WING HAVE NO PROBLEM TELLING YOU WHAT THEY BELIVE IN.HELL THEY WILL EVEN COME TO YOUR HOUSE.TELL THEM YOU ARE A SATANIST ONE TIME AND YOU WILL NEVER GO BACK IN THE "CLOSET" AGAIN.JUST BE PROUND OF WHAT YOU ARE.

No need to stress it. Type a bit normal would you? You are making a bit of an ass to yourself now.

To Seti, you CAN come out with your philosophy. Naturally you have to describe it a bit else. If they ask you if you are a Satanist you can answer like this: "I am an openminded individual with my toughts and ideas of my own. And I am proud of myself." There is nothin wrong with it and you did not give away your philosophy because you spoke the truth.

Edited by Dimitri (08/20/08 08:23 AM)

#10792 - 08/20/08 08:38 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dimitri]
rising Offline
lurker

Loc: ky.
wouldnt being a satanist in public simply mean being yourself? not having to wear all black or a baphomet if thats not your style. if the topic comes up and you choose to intelligently convey your beliefs, then yes i am a satanist in public.
#10795 - 08/20/08 11:17 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: rising]
Nordgard Offline
stranger

in fact of that in germany the most kiddies and also the most people (generally) think that all satanists wear dark clothes, et cetera, and in fact of that in germany generally all people think that satanist, kill childs, drink their blood and sacrifice whatever, its bit strange to be yourself, like you want to be ;\) i mean, if my soul feels dark, and i wanna wear the rings with the skulls and bones, and i wanna carrie the special cross i got, WHY THE FUCK I CANT DO IT? cause of the rules of our gouvernment, called CDU ^^ cant translate that shit completely, but it includes christian way of life!!!!!!!!

#10797 - 08/20/08 11:31 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Nordgard]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Nordgard
in fact of that in germany the most kiddies and also the most people (generally) think that all satanists wear dark clothes, et cetera, and in fact of that in germany generally all people think that satanist, kill childs, drink their blood and sacrifice whatever, its bit strange to be yourself, like you want to be ;\) i mean, if my soul feels dark, and i wanna wear the rings with the skulls and bones, and i wanna carrie the special cross i got, WHY THE FUCK I CANT DO IT? cause of the rules of our gouvernment, called CDU ^^ cant translate that shit completely, but it includes christian way of life!!!!!!!!

Not only in Germany, it is about everywhere in the world they have this image. What is stopping you from not carrying those things? Is it fear you have from your environnement? I still van wear such specials attributes any time I want. I may have some foul looks towards my person, but I am to pride to get annoyed with it.

And I am not very impressed you may encounter more preconceptions then us. Cologne was once famous of his Kölner Kathedral and was once the seat of roman catholic archbishop of cologne.

#10799 - 08/20/08 12:12 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Nordgard]
rising Offline
lurker

Loc: ky.
you have a point. you should be able to wear what you want in public. if anything it would be a boring world if everyone walked around looking like a target commercial. i myself dont wear black metal t shirts, or the jewelry. i dont knock anyone who does either.but you have to understand that you cant change everyones ideas of who we are and what we believe. besides, do you really want people like that in your life anyway?
#10802 - 08/20/08 02:35 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: rising]
Nordgard Offline
stranger

need that words ;\)
constructive words ;\)
hmm
normaly i carry my normal ring, on the left hand,
yes i wear normal black clothes, bit noble looking,
and yes as of now i will do what ever i want to wear/carry, but ^^ it cant be a bit terrible with my principal ;\) ah damn!^^
Anyway!!!!!!!
my english is getting worse

#10805 - 08/20/08 04:13 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Nordgard]
harrison Offline
pledge

Loc: winnipeg Mb, canada
in winnipeg it isnt so bad to wear what you want because we have so many different types of people from all different backgrounds.
out here it doesnt draw much attention and almost everybody respects you.

#10842 - 08/21/08 04:08 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: harrison]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
need that words
constructive words

You do not need these words. You should know them. as an individual you must think for your self and not be influenced by your environment.

Also I would like to make a little announcement to following members: All New ones --> Language here is English and no one ever died of using a spell-checker or using punctuation.
I will be nice once and give once again a site; put it in your favourites and use it. --> http://www.spellcheck.net/cgi-bin/spell.exe

Also check out this section on the forum: http://www.the600club.com/dir/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/10693/Main/795/#Post10693 with much respect to Octavius who made this video.

Edited by Dimitri (08/21/08 04:12 AM)

#10847 - 08/21/08 06:29 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dimitri]
Nordgard Offline
stranger

I needed that words, more than you think!
the situation here is more than strange ;\)

#10848 - 08/21/08 06:32 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Nordgard]
Nordgard Offline
stranger

i dont wanna complain ^^
for the situation here, i make a 5 point plan ;\) a absolut solution, after that, there will be no person who want to discredit me ever!
;\)

Page 5 of 90 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.035 seconds of which 0.006 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.