Page 63 of 90 « First<6162636465>Last »
Topic Options
#51755 - 03/25/11 03:48 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
Chocolate Offline
lurker

I am proud of what I am, although I have only told the people most closest to me. I wear a Baphomet necklace openly, and I have 2 Satanic tattoos, I only speak of it if asked. I will be glad to answer any questions they might have on the subject. I suppose some people sometimes have to keep it a secret in certain circumstances because it can attract trouble

#51774 - 03/26/11 05:13 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Chocolate]
Shehamphorash Offline
lurker

I am a proud Satanist.I have a tattoo of the inverted Pentagram,which i proudly display on my left pectoral muscle.I Keep my wallpaper on my phone with the same symbol,proclaiming in bold."I proudly call myself a Satanist"I tell people openly.No need to ask,i can lead the conversation there.I despise those who mock my religion and laugh at those who try to condemn me for it.My name is Richard Darrell Williams,and I proudly call myself a Satanist,publicly and privately.

#51783 - 03/26/11 09:03 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Shehamphorash]
manofsteel Offline

Loc: Indiana U.S.
Those really look like a pair of boobs. Sorry, but they do. Whatever makes u comfortable I guess but if it insults others then u are just drawing negative attention. Satanism really doesn't need any more of that.

#51793 - 03/27/11 05:58 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: manofsteel]
SPEEDEMON Offline
stranger

I would get disowned and most certainly divorced. So, it's a little hard for some of us to admit it. I love my family which is a philosphy of the C.O.S. I think people have alot of mis-conceptions that anyone who is or by affiliation a Satanist is a baby killer and blood drinker. I like how Peter Gilmore put when he said in an interview that "We believe that we are the center of our own universe".

Edited by SPEEDEMON (03/27/11 05:59 AM)

#52202 - 04/05/11 12:31 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Morgan]
oslo Offline
lurker

Don't you think if maybe more Satanists were open and actually changed all the misconceptions, more individuals would understand instead of continuing the myths? And maybe people would stop losing their children and being scrutinized for how they chose to live their life?
#52203 - 04/05/11 01:31 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: oslo]
Tesseract Offline

Loc: United States
There aren’t enough Satanists in the entire world combined, even if all of them “came out”, to fundamentally change the minds and dogmatic/ideological convictions of even a small fraction of christians, muslims, and observant jews. In fact, the “best” Satanism as a whole could probably achieve by such an attempt at mainstream acceptance would be to convince most everyone else that Satanists by and large are a population made up primarily of semi-literate losers, “attention whores”, and emotional cripples.

As with many minority populations, it’s often the loudest and lowest segment of such groups upon which the majority base their opinions. Take a look at most self-professed “Satanists” as represented by the internet, and in real life, and decide how many of these people or groups are likely to portray Satanism in a positive light, within the eyes of the rest of the world.

Which is more likely to get more press in a Satanic P.R. campaign: LaVeyan, conservative, law-and-order types, or ONA posers endlessly yapping about “culling” of the “mundanes”, and lurid black metalers singing about death, destruction, and suicide?

This isn’t to say that individual Satanists shouldn’t be open about their beliefs, if they’re serious, and ready to accept and overcome all the negative consequences of their disclosure. However, realistically none should expect a wholesale revision of opinion towards Satanism as long as they live in societies dominated by religious systems that hold some version of Satan/Lucifer as the ultimate personification of evil.

#52204 - 04/05/11 03:11 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Tesseract]
SatanicVeteran Offline
stranger

Loc: San Francisco
A satanist should keep his/her belief to him/herself..This is something i am not capable of apparently. I always where my heart on my sleeve and it has gotten me into a lot of trouble that could have been avoided. Its something i am working on. That said, Satanism is a religion for the individual. It is for you no one else. The masses are not capable of comprehending such abstract ideas and they never will. So there is no point of making it known to people unless it benefits you somehow. It is better to keep people in the dark. they are easier to control that way.

And Shehamphorash those do look like boobs

#52205 - 04/05/11 03:35 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: oslo]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

Useful information regarding Satanism is available to anybody who is prepared to sit down in front of a computer, search for it and read it.

The Church of Satan for instance has been publicly representing a brand of Satanism for years, and you can find books, interviews and articles by guys like LaVey, Aquino, Ferro, Gilmore etc. spanning decades if you are prepared to make the effort.

But this effort at public education is just one effort, undertaken by one part of the “Satanic community.”

Most people are either too lazy to gain an insight or just refuse to challenge their own prejudices. Their views are fixed and they need the scapegoat in order to feel complete.

Something that should be stated, in my opinion: Satanism is dark, it is harsh and brutal, and many of its principles are frightening to average people.

People hear the word Satanism and they become afraid; but are they afraid of the right things, or are they afraid of something else, which really is unrelated to Satanism?

I think Satanist’s should be very careful about declaring themselves in public in any way.

#52206 - 04/05/11 03:37 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Tesseract]
Hegesias Offline

Not all Satanist are public nor are atheistic free-thinkers or even actively nihilistic atheists limited to Satanism. Where I come from hardly anyone my age and below are religious — most are obliviously nihilistic uncultured swine who's drinking and drugs colour their inane pseudo-culture.

The religious movements are seemingly rife because the global awareness of human beings is heightening rapidly. While some turn to substance abuse others turn to obsessive materialism or the main one of religion — anything to subvert their awareness away from thinking deeply about anything. The religious groupthink are clutching at straws and thus becoming radical in futility to sustain their beliefs, becoming more and more narrow minded but nervously closer to looking at their Jungian shadow-selves. Whether humans like it or not science and rationality hits everyone who would glance at the evidence. This world is moving rapidly into new territory of awareness and those who are left behind will simply be a laughingstock (just as we shall be to future historians).

Or.

Humans cannot live without the comfort of an afterlife and so they shall continue to cling to more and more extreme forms of old religions as has always been evident, time and time again. A continual recurrence of monotonous absurdity superficially rationalised under innumerably and conveniently alterable subjective justifications of pages and pages of vague metaphorical doctrine — the intrusion of slanted light from a book into the soft impressionable mind of purposeless men.

Maybe science will soon be known to all human kind — religions will be sought even more desperately to achieve comfort in the cold hard reality which science reveals. The meek humans will do anything to shut off the hideous light of cold hard reality and seek desperately to blind themselves with the comfort of religion and it's afterlife fantasy.

A wolf does not mind how many sheep there are because he is a wolf.

#52209 - 04/05/11 09:27 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: ]
Hegesias Offline

This is not directed to anyone in particular.

You can go round with any cultural distinction but at the end of the day it's your attitude that says who you are. I'd say that a sinister person being a Satanist in public would be a good double bluff to downplay his actual real dangerous propensity.

A blatant Satanist is something the law and society will shrug of as the sign of a controlled oppositional rebel who would never be a real inconspicuous criminal, but a type who's kind of sexy to naive women who'll think such a Satanist is a rebel type akin to the hippy but with good hygiene.

If some people have a problem with you, then they present themselves for you to damage them and only hurt themselves by conceitedly walking into the danger, simply show them who their natural master is with violence (physical, psychological or both) beyond their comprehension, if you don't feel this is necessary then you are not of my kind.

Society does not know what genuine left path is because to them a Satanist being open about it is not going to be the same as them finding out you're a methodically evil person.

If anyone is going to fuck with you it's going to be because, unbeknownst to you, you radiate weakness by your gait, your every move will simply reek victimisation.

I'm just a man and people could care less about a bunch of books I have nor does society know what I'm capable of. That's the beauty of the left path, nobody else can see it even if you were to tell them or they find out somehow, they'll make some alien conclusion in their minds that has nothing to do with anything remotely true but they'll like to blame you for whatever ideas they have about you and this is when you teach them why it's not clever to test obviously dangerous people.

Immoralist or what is seen as evil deeds done in front of many will get you a reputation, whether you like it or not, Satanist or otherwise.

A wolf does not mind how many sheep there are. He's calm and so are the sheep, till the gnashing of teeth. The beast reveals itself out of necessity.

#52219 - 04/05/11 03:46 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
Tesseract Offline

Loc: United States
Aside from the points made so far, there’s the reality that many, if not most Satanists view Satanism as playing an accusatorial and adversarial role towards most other religions, and many aspects of society at large. If one is going to ridicule, reject, and condemn “slave religions”, and the society in which they live, one should expect the same in return from the non-Satanic world.
#58148 - 08/13/11 02:10 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: JohnTurk]
RobertDonohue Offline
stranger

Loc: NY USA
I try not to have religion come into conversation when amongst the masses as it is part of my religion to not speak of it. I do however, make it very aparrent that I am not a follower of any judeo-christian faith
#58160 - 08/13/11 02:58 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: psiren]
Me_And_Only_Me Offline
lurker

I'm new to Satanism So at the moment only my brother and sister (who are also satanists) are the only ones who know about my religion. Most of my family think I am a christian because I used to go to a catholic school and they don't know about my sudden change. I love Satanism but I'm a shy character and I'm not planning to tell anyone about my beliefs yet to avoid criticism and mocking. Its not that I'm ashamed of it I just need to develop thick skin before I "come clean" and tell my family/friends. I have to admit though having one or two people who know your religion and respect it (like I have my brother and sister) really helps and makes you feel so much less secretive plus you have someone to help you when you have a private question about satan and/or Satanism.
#58164 - 08/13/11 04:21 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Me_And_Only_Me]
Hegesias Offline

Unless it is for show, a personality machination for social manipulation. You cannot truly be a shy Satanist; such cannot exist. A Satanist is an unbridled force of nature.

Satanism is an epiphenomena of the will to power, and with life's suffering there is the chance of experience gained. And from such experience gained, the One becomes stronger.

It all depends on whether you are ecstatic and enthusiastic about confronting people who feel morally obligated to make mundane accusations about your lifestyle. Sure it can be dangerous to be a known Satanist, but it's dangerous and thrilling to be alive anyway, so the more displays of retaliation (to those who define themselves suitable) the better.

This world is made up of “wills”.

#58181 - 08/13/11 09:19 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
a. don Offline
pledge

That depends on where you live and how your culture perceives the LHP. I have learned that perception is equally dangerous as it is useful. It could close doors in your career, or place of study, or open up a whole new world, with a certain, and limited group of people.

Most of the time, LHP'ers are either demonized (no pun intended) or ridiculed. None of these are helpful if you have a long-term plan or agenda. And I think that for the sake of lesser magic, you can put on a certain mask to further your will, like a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Like stated, it's all about implementing your will - not gaining social acceptance. How would it affect the impact of the occult if there were an Occultist Rights' group??

LHP philosophy is not for everyone, so why strive for acceptance of the masses?? Why strive for anything else than your own will for that matter??

Edited by a. don (08/13/11 09:20 PM)

Page 63 of 90 « First<6162636465>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.046 seconds of which 0.017 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.